Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming for Tri

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Peter, you seem to be saying I shouldn't spend any more focus on improving my swimming

sorry if it comes accross like that, this is not what i mean.
    i mean to say focus on improving your swimming where it will not impact the running.
    After all its a swim for tri thread and not become the best swimmer you can be thread.
    I try to improve my swiming too but i am certainly not worried not to be able to kick 50 meter in 1 go. In the bigger picture this in not in the top 10 priorities i need to work on to become a better triathlete ( if i want to become a better swimmer it would be no.1 priority)

likewise if my race was already over before I exit the water than i guess it would make sense for me to improve my kick and it would move up in my top 5 priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

As soon as the terms "first pack" and "second pack" can have an impact on your race, swimming becomes much much more important. But outside of CAT1 racing this terms are rather meaningless in AG racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    As soon as the terms "first pack" and "second pack" can have an impact on your race, swimming becomes much much more important. But outside of CAT1 racing this terms are rather meaningless in AG racing.
    according to your 70.3 dublin comments you are saying that anything outside cat 1 racing is meaningless anyways ...and colour run territory.

and i dodnt think jackyback would agree with your statement.
    comming out of the water fresh and ready to go is important for every triathlete.
    its not always being fast, but ready to go is an imperative.
    like the bike can affect the run . the swim can affect the bike ( and in ironman terms also the nutrition in the run )

ps and the fact that there is some truth in your statement showes that its not really triathlon we are doing its duathlon with a bit of swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    according to your 70.3 dublin comments you are saying that anything outside cat 1 racing is meaningless anyways ...and colour run territory.

and i dodnt think jackyback would agree with your statement.
    comming out of the water fresh and ready to go is important for every triathlete.
    its not always being fast, but ready to go is an imperative.
    like the bike can affect the run . the swim can affect the bike ( and in ironman terms also the nutrition in the run )

ps and the fact that there is some truth in your statement showes that its not really triathlon we are doing its duathlon with a bit of swimming.

I didn't say that on the outside CAT1 but yes you are correct. Outside of CAT1 we are the equivalent of fun runners. Not sure at the colour runs but definitely fun runners.

Jackybacks issue was not swimming. Okay yes he cannot swim but he has physiological issues that mean he will never OW swim well.

in non drafting its more bike run. in draftin swim run, either way there is a leg that is of lesser impact.

Advertisement