Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juice diet detox

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Hey guys dont jump the gun here. Maybe Dr Mercola has stolen the opinions of maddog since he wrote them an hour ago.

'Dr.' Mercola. Sweet Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

SeaDaily wrote: »
    This whole paragraph that you wrote is copied and pasted directly from WebMD. I mean seriously, copy and paste that paragraph into your search bar and the first result is the exact same paragraph on webMd. MadDog you are a joke. You have no idea about nutrition and most of your responses in this thread that aren't just smilies are just paragraphs of text that you have plagiarised directly from different websites.

Please, please just stop.
    LMFAO

MadDog: "Do you even know that's there soluble and insoluble fibre"
    Mellor: "em, yes of course I do. It's pretty basic stuff"
    MadDog:"...em...eh..."copy pasta

Your ideas on nutrition are ridiculous. I really hope it's a one a day novelty and not the bulk of your nutrition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

You said you should avoid processed food and drink fruit/vegetable juice.

Juicing is a process carried out on food.

therefore;

fruit/vegetable juice, the by-product of juicing, is a processed food;

therefore;

you're talking through your hat.

You don't appreciate evidence or logic, this pretty much means you can't partake in meaningful conversation. Why would you post on a public thread?

I don't put freshly extracted Juice in the same category as processed food ......... sorry if that doesn't suit you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Let's say 5 Big Macs and 3 litres of Coke a day ........ no side effect from this diet???

If you juice them then the only effects are positive because soluble fibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

I don't put freshly extracted Juice in the same category as processed food ......... sorry if that doesn't suit you :rolleyes:

But its a processed food by definition, it's a food that's undergone the process of juicing.

I'll copy and paste a lunatic mercola article if you need 'proof'.

Are you going to say anything about the fact that you don't have one original thought?

I always thought the mad in maddog meant angry....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Okay ....

So, one of the tenants of this forum and it;s in the stickies of the forum is that links to scientific proof and studies MUST be shown when arguing your point which hasn't happened once. There have been links but ya know ... they actually sort of don't prove a point. One poster even went to look for articles based on replies from Mad Dog and didn't come up with much ... in fact, it sort of discredited the argument been made, if anything

This thread has become a playpen ... smiley faces and insults back are yes, amusing but not helping anything.

Mad Dog - can you please post actual links that provide some science, even it it links to a blog (as per forum charter)?

Let's be adults. If not, I do not see a point to keep this mess open.

Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Raw Juice contains biophotonic light energy which revitalizes your body. Fresh, raw Juice is a "live food" full of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and enzymes.

The light of "living Juice" has actually been seen with Kirlian photography.

Did you just make that up?

Edit: Just cos you mentioned Kirlian photography as some kind of evidence, Ill bite. http://www.lightstalking.com/what-is-kirlian-photography-the-science-and-the-myth-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

IMO, the term "detox" should only be used to describe the treatment of extreme cases, such as being bitten by a snake. Not assisting an already healthy liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Hi hope alls well I want to do a detox before the Xmas period I want to do the juice one for 3 days
    So I want to buy the juices pre made what shops can I buy them I'm in South Dublin
    Then going forward I might juice myself I've a blender can I use that or I need proper juicer if so what's good thanks

I decided to contribute to this thread as the OP was looking for advise on Juicing and I have years of experience Juicing (Juice Only Plans, Meal Replacement Juices etc.) but of course the Anti-Juicing Brigade (they are a small group but I guess it's true that small men make the most noise) had to wade in and lecture the OP telling him not to Juice ............ the OP did not ask for your opinion on his plans to Juice .......... he asked for advise as he is about to start Juicing. If you have no experience of Juicing properly then you have nothing to offer the OP .......... I do.

But in order to humour the Anti-Juicing Brigade I decided to offer my experience of Juicing ............. a pointless exercise as they have already made up their minds and (for some reason?) have a down-right venemous hatred of Juicing.
    They demanded "proof", "evidence" and "scientific research" so I once again decided to humour them (God knows why!) and went found some "research" for them .............. again a pointless exercise as for every piece of "evidence" you find on the net for an argument you will also find an opposing piece of "evidence" to de-bunk the argument ............ which is why I rely more on personal experience ......... but of course the Anti-Juicing Brigade will not and can not except the fact (it would mean they might be wrong!! :eek:) that based on personal experience Juicing does work, I'm living proof as are countless others.
    The Anti-Juicing Brigade need to ask themselves why they are even posting on a thread not meant for them as they have nothing to offer the OP whatsoever ............ I have now, as I should have done earlier, put them on my Ignore List. I suggest they also put me, and anybody else who doesn't agree with them, on their Ignore List ..........

Anyway to the OP if you are looking for any more advise on Juicing, Juice Plans or recipes please feel free to PM me ........... best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

So much for back to basics.

The OP asked about where to buy prte-made juices amd whether they could use a blender or did they need a juicer. Not for the fantastical juicing guff about how it forms light sabres in your system to cut down badness in your system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I decided to contribute to this thread as the OP was looking for advise on Juicing and I have years of experience Juicing (Juice Only Plans, Meal Replacement Juices etc.) but of course the Anti-Juicing Brigade (they are a small group but I guess it's true that small men make the most noise) had to wade in and lecture the OP telling him not to Juice ............ the OP did not ask for your opinion on his plans to Juice .......... he asked for advise as he is about to start Juicing. If you have no experience of Juicing properly then you have nothing to offer the OP .......... I do.

But in order to humour the Anti-Juicing Brigade I decided to offer my experience of Juicing ............. a pointless exercise as they have already made up their minds and (for some reason?) have a down-right venemous hatred of Juicing.
    They demanded "proof", "evidence" and "scientific research" so I once again decided to humour them (God knows why!) and went found some "research" for them .............. again a pointless exercise as for every piece of "evidence" you find on the net for an argument you will also find an opposing piece of "evidence" to de-bunk the argument ............ which is why I rely more on personal experience ......... but of course the Anti-Juicing Brigade will not and can not except the fact (it would mean they might be wrong!! :eek:) that based on personal experience Juicing does work, I'm living proof as are countless others.
    The Anti-Juicing Brigade need to ask themselves why they are even posting on a thread not meant for them as they have nothing to offer the OP whatsoever ............ I have now, as I should have done earlier, put them on my Ignore List. I suggest they also put me, and anybody else who doesn't agree with them, on their Ignore List ..........

Anyway to the OP if you are looking for any more advise on Juicing, Juice Plans or recipes please feel free to PM me ........... best of luck! :)

I wonder if I'm in the anti-juicing brigade? Christ if I have been all this time will they come looking for membership fees? Tell us more about the AJB maddog. Is it like the Fire Brigade or more like the PC Brigade?

The reason people disagreed with you is because you made claims which were unsubstantiated. The claims about sugar are important because it could cause someone harm if they juiced too many fruits a day thinking they were doing something healthy. You had the opportunity to back up your claims and you plagiarised a dodgy website pretending it was your own argument. Then you went off the rails making claims about biophotonic energy which is nothing like you claimed it to be and that photography which is thoroughly debunked.

People who care about knowing things about reality challenged your assertions. The funny thing is that you were right about Poly-Phenols and glucose absorption and I thanked you. I looked it up on Google Scholar and learned something new. You had the same opportunity with all the other claims you made but they were untrue or unsubstantiated.

Look, if you get some kind of placebo effect from juicing and imagining photonic light healing you from the inside or whatever, that's fine. But most people use these forums to learn true things about reality and you were spreading mistruths. You can hardly be surprised that people disagree with you.

On a side note, most people consider peer reviewed journal articles to be a decent point of evidence. Google Scholar is the place to start.

And no I don't put people who disagree with me on ignore. How else would I learn about new perspectives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

(they are a small group but I guess it's true that small men make the most noise)

you are the only one barking little doggy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Its forum charter to provide evidence ... published proof is evidence. If you do not like this, there are plenty of other forums who are less dedicated to common sense and science that you can wander over to.

You have shown a direct ignorance by not been able to provide anything that is not of clear, dubious nature. Much science aims to be not bias. What you have provided has been directly copy and pasted from websites where if you actually read everything on the webpage that you were copying and pastinf, you would noticed that it poked a hole into what you said ... so, surely you can see how flawed what you are saying is and why you have garnered so little confidence in your word. Shame on that for lazy posting.

It's great that you love juicing. You know what? There are a LOT of smart people on this thread (, many from a very scientific background, many who work in a related field and many others like you, have built notions FROM experience (like you) of doing and do not let that experience blind them to all other possibilities available. You have copy and pasted your juicing sales pitch (copying what you have typed and putting into a google proves this as it brings me, for one, line for line to the website of what you copied).

If you love juicing, that's great! And I mean that. However, to perpetuate misinformation and to say things and proclaim it to be the best way is well, childish, and quite ignorant of how the body works and basic science in how the body works during ingestion and digestion.

I can even overlook most of this, because nutrition, as a 'baby' science, makes people tend to proclaim that they know best because it worked for them and that's great - however, there are over 6 billion people on this planet - a little context please.

Can I start asking for anyone here posting, rather than getting into a silly argument where there are a **** load of ridiculous smiley faces instead of trying to answer a question (does one know an actual real critical answer here?), that we resort to pasting actual real links to make an argument? If not, thread closed. #

I know, pretty pointless at this stage.

Also - I am a little lost ... what does one gain from been 'anti juice brigade'? So lost there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement