Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Anyone else getting pissed off with Kodi?
    Anytime I sit down to watch something on genesis these days it takes ages before I get a link that works. Whether I try hq or lq streams .. It still takes ages to get a solid stream that doesn't buffer . I'm running it on the minix 8H plus .
    i don't believe it's my internet connection. I have sky fibre and getting roughly 50 megs on it with a low ping ...

Just wondering really if anyone else is having as much difficulty as I am having when trying to find a stream

Thanks for reading

I have Vodafone bb and getting about 14mbs and when I select autoplay I have no bothers (except Saturday nights).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

strange..Is anyone else using a minix box and if so, how is your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Can't comment on a Minix box but I have kodi running on a windows 7 laptop and windows 8 tablet and genesis works seemlessy on both, using broadband with similar speeds to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I've had no problems with Genesis on a minex box, or on a Win 8.1 pc, from time to time the odd link doesn't work, but generally the next one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Keep getting script error when trying to run Liux tv on android box, it's not the internet as everything else is working fine. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

mickob16 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Keep getting script error when trying to run Liux tv on android box, it's not the internet as everything else is working fine. Any ideas?

Happening here too. You're not alone.

Batesy wrote: »
    Happening here too. You're not alone.

So am I right in saying we have to wait for a fix/update to come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

iStream for me. I barely use any other addon any more.
    Especially for TV series due to the library integration.
    The ability to auto play a stream based on selected criteria (quality, reliability - specific sources etc) saves on lots of button pushes too.

Will have to look up Genesis, never heard of it.

EDIT: Genesis looks very similar to iStream so I must see how it performs. Cheers

Either istream or genesis have the Daily Show?

I'm running openelec on a chromebox and I struggle to stream HD from Genesis most evenings. Can run 480p no problem but that's not the point. If there are HD streams available I want to watch them buffer free dammit!!

I'm on 50meg Vodafone Fibre and the chromebox has 4gb of Ram so I don't know what's the issue.

I'm in the process of replacing the heap of junk Vodafone router at the minute hoping that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Genesis stuff can be saved to the same library that Istream uses just change the path within Genesis itself.

• Advertisement

mickob16 wrote: »
    So am I right in saying we have to wait for a fix/update to come out?

I think so.

I'm running openelec on a chromebox and I struggle to stream HD from Genesis most evenings. Can run 480p no problem but that's not the point. If there are HD streams available I want to watch them buffer free dammit!!

I'm on 50meg Vodafone Fibre and the chromebox has 4gb of Ram so I don't know what's the issue.

I'm in the process of replacing the heap of junk Vodafone router at the minute hoping that helps.

Have the same router and 1080 runs fine on my m8 with Open Elec.
    Assume you clear cache,packages and crash logs regular?

I clear cache regular and have the 0 cache tweak enabled.

I tried the zero cache tweak last night but didnt make a difference.
    I was still bitching and wining

I think so.

Typical, just paid the €7 to Liux to see if the sports are reliable before I cancelled sky :rolleyes:

Seen nothing across a few Facebook groups on Liux, sure it giving script error for something other than not being paid up?

I'm getting script errors and I've 3 weeks left on my sub.

I'm getting script errors and I've 3 weeks left on my sub.

It works fine on my laptop so the service is not down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i've noticed it a bit slow lately alright, movreel which i'd usually use is far slower than usual, took me ages to watch moone boy one night (it's only 22mins long)
    if there's 3 movreel hd links maybe 1 of them will be good.

& don't bother with 0 cache, it'll cause you more trouble than it's worth.
    edit advanced settings yourself. http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Download the istream maintenance tool and enable Mikey1234 advance.xml. I've been using this for over a week now and it's really helped with buffering on my Mini 8x.Use Genesis all the time and it's a bit hit a miss some times HD plays perfectly then the next night could be buffer central. The walking dead never plays properly in HD for me for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys . Will try the above when I get a chance . I tried watching the walking dead using project free tv this evening . Tried about 7 different links. Not one of them worked !! So just powered the device off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi guys....

Decided to give Liux a go and signed up last night (wish they took Paypal though instead of credit cards). It looks good I have to say and hopefully more stable than Plus1HD.

Anyway I installed the add-on this morning and it asked for my email and password. After that when I load up I get the Script Failed error. Is it compatible with the latest version of Kodi which I'm running?

The machine should be fast enough as it's running Windows 7 on an cheap AMD chip with a few gigs of RAM, SSD etc. 100 meg Vodafone fibre.

The addon is down at the minute. Works fine through browsers but script errors in Kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

The addon is down at the minute. Works fine through browsers but script errors in Kodi.

Pity.... I'm looking for a excuse to dump Sky. I have a FreeSat box which is covering all the Uk channels and this looked good for RTE etc.

Hopefully they'll have it sorted soon. I wonder is there a way to debug a plugin to see where it's failing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

SachaJ wrote:
    Hopefully they'll have it sorted soon. I wonder is there a way to debug a plugin to see where it's failing

Yea you can check the logs in Kodi. Google the exact location for your own box!

Thanks guys . Will try the above when I get a chance . I tried watching the walking dead using project free tv this evening . Tried about 7 different links. Not one of them worked !! So just powered the device off.

So installed Kodi 14.1 from scratch . Installed Genesis and the advanced settings.xml Still Impossible to get any hd links to work . I do see any improvement playing regular quality videos though

So installed Kodi 14.1 from scratch . Installed Genesis and the advanced settings.xml Still Impossible to get any hd links to work . I do see any improvement playing regular quality videos though

what are your advanced settings?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what are your advanced settings?

<advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>209715200</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>2.0</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

change readbufferfactor to 40 (forty) & see how you get on

sometimes it's the source not your connection/box, you can usually tell quickly by how fast it buffers. pause for a few seconds at the start - or sometimes when you go to play you'll see a buffering % in the top right

• Advertisement

I finally figured out what was causing the buffering issues on Kodi.
    It's the piss poor wifi signal on the Minix box itself.
    Dont know why I didn't try this before but I used my phone to tether with the Minix and everything on Kodi played flawlessly. Even the high quality streams... instant. No buffering at all...
    So I then proceeded to move the phone I'm using to tether, out to the hallway to where my router is and I was getting the exact same issues.. Buffering..Links unable to play etc..

I tried fooling around with the antenna on the Minix but it didn't make any difference.
    When the Minix is connected to the internet using my router in the hallway (my sky fibre connection) I cant even complete a speed test with the Ookla app. It gives me a message about a network issue. That's how poor the signal is and I'm in a small apartment.

So I guess my only option is to run an ethernet cable from the Minix box to my sky hub which is going to be messy.
    Does anyone know if the ethernet plugs are any good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement