Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I see a lot of people asking for PM's of lists of the best addons, and It strikes me that that's a very subjective question?

Surely the thing to do would be to find the best way of ensuring that you've the best repo's?

I've been playing around with xbmc for about 8 months now,and what I've found is that by installing Fusion, Xunitytalk,Superrepo and TVaddons you've probably got access to most of the addons you'll ever need.

Once I installed these(do a search on Youtube for step by step videos on how to install and configure them) I added about 100-150 addons that I found might be of interest, to my video addons shortcut, and then took the time to keep or delete these as I had an opportunity to have a play with them.
    I now have about 30 that I've kept, and I will whittle this down further as I get time.

But each user is different, and what suits me may not suit someone else, for example a poster above mentioned VDub25, whereas I had this some time ago, I generally found it not very good over time with broken links or links not working, and I since found AAAstream and IsraelLivIVE to be much better for live TV.

Although I like Genesis, I found the GoTV predecessor better for TV as it had a section called episodes which automatically populated a list of new episodes from subscribed series, which Genesis doesn't do. I see GoTV is no longer an option to install, but it still seems to get updates from Genesis if you have installed it in the past.

But there are many addons out there with good and bad points, doesn't it make sense to check them out and decide for yourself what you like?

I also found it beneficial to join a few of the XBMC goups on FB, Any news of new addons etc is available there, and they also tend to have FAQ's pinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I see a lot of people asking for PM's of lists of the best addons, and It strikes me that that's a very subjective question?

Surely the thing to do would be to find the best way of ensuring that you've the best repo's?

I've been playing around with xbmc for about 8 months now,and what I've found is that by installing Fusion, Xunitytalk,Superrepo and TVaddons you've probably got access to most of the addons you'll ever need.

Once I installed these(do a search on Youtube for step by step videos on how to install and configure them) I added about 100-150 addons that I found might be of interest, to my video addons shortcut, and then took the time to keep or delete these as I had an opportunity to have a play with them.
    I now have about 30 that I've kept, and I will whittle this down further as I get time.

But each user is different, and what suits me may not suit someone else, for example a poster above mentioned VDub25, whereas I had this some time ago, I generally found it not very good over time with broken links or links not working, and I since found AAAstream and IsraelLivIVE to be much better for live TV.

Although I like Genesis, I found the GoTV predecessor better for TV as it had a section called episodes which automatically populated a list of new episodes from subscribed series, which Genesis doesn't do. I see GoTV is no longer an option to install, but it still seems to get updates from Genesis if you have installed it in the past.

But there are many addons out there with good and bad points, doesn't it make sense to check them out and decide for yourself what you like?

I also found it beneficial to join a few of the XBMC goups on FB, Any news of new addons etc is available there, and they also tend to have FAQ's pinned.

Sound advice above mate, personally I find it very useful to hear feedback from other users on what addons they find good, saves a lot of time going though ALL of them. For example you mentioned AAAstream which I never even heard of, I've just tried it and it works very well :)

livEwirE wrote: »
    Sound advice above mate, personally I find it very useful to hear feedback from other users on what addons they find good, saves a lot of time going though ALL of them. For example you mentioned AAAstream which I never even heard of, I've just tried it and it works very well :)

Yeah its good, I just noticed a typo on the above post, what I meant to say was IsraelLIVE TV, Sorry about the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭gabe1977

I have genesis library setup on my Raspberry Kodi setup and it automatically updates episodes of all tv series I have added to my library.
    the library has to be setup manually initially but is well worth doing

gabe1977 wrote: »
    I have genesis library setup on my Raspberry Kodi setup and it automatically updates episodes of all tv series I have added to my library.
    the library has to be setup manually initially but is well worth doing

The Library is something I need to play about with more, Although because it works on GoTV, the lazy way out (for me) has been to use that. Although I find myself consulting the Calendar on Genesis and then going into GoTV, because its Calender no longer works.
    I'd imagine setting up the genesis library is pretty straightforward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭gabe1977

The Library is something I need to play about with more, Although because it works on GoTV, the lazy way out (for me) has been to use that. Although I find myself consulting the Calendar on Genesis and then going into GoTV, because its Calender no longer works.
    I'd imagine setting up the genesis library is pretty straightforward?

It's fairly easy to do. I just watched a few Youtube videos on how to do it and followed their instructions.
    When you enable the library it appears as two extra icons on the Kodi home. One for movies and one for TV shows And whatever you add to your library appears there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Favourite addon, a combination of trakt and series guide app on android devices.
    Xbmx syncs with trakt. Can easily see what shows and episodes I've watched, next air date and the mobile app has a widget showing upcoming and/or recent episodes for my shows. Works well with multiple XBMC installations and android devices, syncs them all up to the one trakt account.

http://seriesgui.de

http://trakt.tv/dashboard

Yeah its good, I just noticed a typo on the above post, what I meant to say was IsraelLIVE TV, Sorry about the mistake.

Just tried this and it works VERY well, thanks for the tip mate :)

Has anyone come across an addon that will stream TV3 Ireland? I've been looking a looooooong time for one. PM's welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

livEwirE wrote: »
    Has anyone come across an addon that will stream TV3 Ireland? I've been looking a looooooong time for one. PM's welcome ;)

Live wire, I have set up IPTV on my 2 rigs and I am fairly sure I saw tv3 there. Might not be the cleanest way however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My fav add ons would be...

Genesis
    Liux TV (paid)
    Sportsmania (paid)
    1Channel
    Phoinex

Tend to get all in need from these, as I don't run an Android system I pay a small sub for reliable sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Liux tv looks very similar to ntv but a lot cheaper.

Live wire, I have set up IPTV on my 2 rigs and I am fairly sure I saw tv3 there. Might not be the cleanest way however.

That sounds promising! Are you sure it was the Irish tv3? I've come across 'tv3' channels. I think they were French or italian though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Liux tv looks very similar to ntv but a lot cheaper.

Can't fault it for €5 pm. Doesn't seem to work properly via menu shortcut in skins though for some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ajw08

Have tried sportsmania and it's very good. But with liux tv do you get all the sports as well as all other channels? Is there any reason to have both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I can't order. Are they closed for new subs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

1.Genesis
    2.Sportsdevil ( with the working ilive :) )
    3.Vdubt
    4.Pheonix
    5.LiuxTV ( Paid sub but cheap )

RobinHood also very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

How are you getting Sportsdevil to work? I just get web request failed errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭TheCeltictiger

SportsDevil was replaced by Digitele Sports

Video addons that I recommend are in order of preference

1 - 1Channel
    2 - ProjectFreeTV
    3 - iStream
    4 - Phoenix
    5 - Cartoon HD & Cartoon HD Extra
    6 - Genesis
    7 - MX BBC Player
    8 - Navi-X

PVR IPTV Simple Client for setting up endless live TV

Batesy wrote: »
    How are you getting Sportsdevil to work? I just get web request failed errors.

I can PM you details on how to get it

• Advertisement

Pak Hind is pretty good at the moment.

campo wrote: »
    I can PM you details on how to get it

That'd be great Campo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Batesy wrote: »
    That'd be great Campo!!

Could you send on that PM to me? We could start a chain :)

Staplor wrote: »

Sen't , maybe you can send it to the next person who ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Staplor wrote: »
    campo wrote: »
    Sen't , maybe you can send it to the next person who ask :)

You heard the man...hit me up! :p:)

Please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Me too Please

PM's sent to Staplor, Digidol and The Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cheers Batesy

Not sure if its been mentioned earlier but tvonline.cc is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

anyone know how to subscribe to liux tv

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Cheers Batesy

Not sure if its been mentioned earlier but tvonline.cc is excellent.

Just tried running that and getting Script Failed errors on start up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement