Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

dahat wrote: »
    Damn phone. You missed one though, add one instead of add ons!

Both are very very good. Also Liux TV for your standard sports,Sky,BT and Setanta for €5.99 pm is pretty reasonable for cord cutters.

How you getting Liux for €5.99?
    Last time I checked it was €7

What's the quality like? Any 720/1080p channels?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Batesy wrote: »
    How you getting Liux for €5.99?
    Last time I checked it was €7

What's the quality like? Any 720/1080p channels?

Cheers.

5.99 for just English pacakge, none of the Russian stuff etc.
    720 maybe but not 1080.

Edit: You are correct,has increased to 7.00. Feckers. Not sure if I will renew now with BBTS and Robin Hood being so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Sure I might give it a go for a month and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What kind of box do you need for Liux?

Batesy wrote: »
    Sure I might give it a go for a month and check it out.

Has a 30 day access to recordings when your Right click/C to bring up context menu. Big plus for a lot of folk.

• Advertisement

What kind of box do you need for Liux?

Android,PC doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Robin Hood is good alright

Also within the phoenix add on if you click on staael 2014
    and scroll down to live TV option there is very good sports streams, usually 4 or 5 links for each match plus an acestream option, never fail to find a good stable stream, handy since ilive went down the subscription road

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luckybadger69

I'll take a PM too please, see if there's anything better than what I'm using.

Could you pm me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Appreciate a pm please too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

NATLOR wrote: »
    Robin Hood is good alright

Also within the phoenix add on if you click on staael 2014
    and scroll down to live TV option there is very good sports streams, usually 4 or 5 links for each match plus an acestream option, never fail to find a good stable stream, handy since ilive went down the subscription road

ilive still free in Sportsdevil

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    ilive still free in Sportsdevil

Have tried that and none of the streams work for me are they working for you?

Phoenix add on then Phoenix TV, used the TSN links in Sports networks all weekend. Held up really good

Phoenix add on then Phoenix TV, used the TSN links in Sports networks all weekend. Held up really good

If you have the xunity talk repository installed check out 'free streams' under video add-ons
    Its got all sky channels movies,sports,kids etc
    BT and setanta sports
    All UK TV bbc utv etc
    Plus RTE1 and 2
    Been using it for most of the weekend and everything working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

If you have the xunity talk repository installed check out 'free streams' under video add-ons
    Its got all sky channels movies,sports,kids etc
    BT and setanta sports
    All UK TV bbc utv etc
    Plus RTE1 and 2
    Been using it for most of the weekend and everything working fine

Thats Mikey1234s new gig I think? I tried some of that from thursday onward, tried linking it through my IVue EPG, but I notice when I come back to it a day after choosing the stream, the link is down or has been changed.

Zem tv is pretty good at the moment for HD Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thats Mikey1234s new gig I think? I tried some of that from thursday onward, tried linking it through my IVue EPG, but I notice when I come back to it a day after choosing the stream, the link is down or has been changed.

Zem tv is pretty good at the moment for HD Sky Sports.

MK Sports, was good today for Jose's game, no buffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭batistuta9

are any of you able to watch ss1 in the hd world sports section on aaastream?
    the quality's very good but during a game it buffers & throws you out to the menu again, at least for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is there a way to further imrove Kodi performance on a Pi for streaming and general menus aside from 0 Cache and turning resolution down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Invincible

will56 wrote: »
    Is there a way to further imrove Kodi performance on a Pi for streaming and general menus aside from 0 Cache and turning resolution down ?

If on a rooted device, install Bionic TCP from the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Have tried that and none of the streams work for me are they working for you?

Yep you need Sportsdevil version 3.0.1b I think it is ( defo ends in a b )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Invincible wrote: »
    If on a rooted device, install Bionic TCP from the play store.

Its on a Rapberry Pi 2, so no appstore.
    Its running OSMC with a different skin.
    I'm setting it up for my parents, 90% of the time it will be used for streaming, but I want to make sure its running the best it can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

i've been using phoenix and genesis on both my ipad and pc with fairly daycent reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

will56 wrote: »
    Its on a Rapberry Pi 2, so no appstore.
    Its running OSMC with a different skin.
    I'm setting it up for my parents, 90% of the time it will be used for streaming, but I want to make sure its running the best it can.

Use a light skin.

I have tried and tested a lot of skins on the pi and pi2 and the one i keep using is quartz.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Anyone else getting pissed off with Kodi?
    Anytime I sit down to watch something on genesis these days it takes ages before I get a link that works. Whether I try hq or lq streams .. It still takes ages to get a solid stream that doesn't buffer . I'm running it on the minix 8H plus .
    i don't believe it's my internet connection. I have sky fibre and getting roughly 50 megs on it with a low ping ...

Just wondering really if anyone else is having as much difficulty as I am having when trying to find a stream

Thanks for reading

Go elsewhere, Ororo TV,Primewire etc. Every dock n harry is using Genesis these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone else getting pissed off with Kodi?
    Anytime I sit down to watch something on genesis these days it takes ages before I get a link that works. Whether I try hq or lq streams .. It still takes ages to get a solid stream that doesn't buffer . I'm running it on the minix 8H plus .
    i don't believe it's my internet connection. I have sky fibre and getting roughly 50 megs on it with a low ping ...

Just wondering really if anyone else is having as much difficulty as I am having when trying to find a stream

Thanks for reading

Unfortunately, free streams will always be crap.

Paid sub's are the only reliable way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Unfortunately, free streams will always be crap.

Paid sub's are the only reliable way to go.

Nonsense. If you're paying a sub to watch movies and TV shows that are available for free elsewhere then more fool you.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Go elsewhere, Ororo TV,Primewire etc. Every dock n harry is using Genesis these days.

But I would have thought all the various addons are linking to the same files.?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nonsense. If you're paying a sub to watch movies and TV shows that are available for free elsewhere then more fool you.

Nope. Not for TV and movies.

For HD sport with no buffering, skipping, searching for working streams 5 mins before a match and no Russian commentary.

Worth every euro of the 8 quid a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vitony

For HD sport with no buffering, skipping, searching for working streams 5 mins before a match and no Russian commentary.

which service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He was talking about Genesis not working properly in his post.
    I'd agree to an extent on the sports but there's not much live sport you won't find on the P2P addon with the right parsers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement