Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know what's scary to think of?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

if you die and you dont believe in an "afterlife" then, you're just dead, but you wont know you're dead, so it's grand

How can a future state of existence be dependent on what the subject "believes"? It's either true or it's not! Read some Hume ffs :mad:
    its gas though! better than anything on rte i suppose.

Astroboy is on RTE2 right now, and I think it's rather good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

catallus wrote: »
    How can a future state of existence be dependent on what the subject "believes"? It's either true or it's not! Read some Hume ffs :mad:

Astroboy is on RTE2 right now, and I think it's rather good!

no, i dont mean "believe" really, what i mean, is more like "what someone would be expecting" i suppose...

but i would think that you dont know anything, cos, you're dead, so how would you know?

Hume might be a bit much for me - i tend to go off on tangents on topics like this one, and i'd get carried away with it all! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CentimoSal

"When you die"

Old sage wisdom always brings the asker back to the idea of self...What self is...

Essentially everything is smoke...Some things are more tightly bound smoke, and give the impression of something 'solid' and permanent. We're just waves brah...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Dmt would maybe answer some of the questions i have

Advertisement