Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 the_law13

Is there not a new APM book this year?? if so, I would imagine the cgs from last year one will be outdated.. I did APM in 2015 and we were told that there was a new book in production for 2016.

Also I did the cgs 2-day course for the AAFRP last year and found it terrible. Failed the AAFRP (NC) and didnt look at their material again. Ended with a Green in FR... I know everyone is different but it was the greatest waste of €140 of the year for me...

Hope repeating APM works out. It can be an enjoyable subject to study. I skipped 2 indicators in the exam this year to concentrate on the other ones and thankfully it worked. Passed in decile 6... Again may not work for everyone but its definitely a strategy worth considering... Remember 5 RC's will pass you the exam... That was my philosophy anyway.

Finally thanks Torres for your encouragement throughout the year, I was very low after failing AAFRP but you kept pointing out that its possible to get NC in it and still pass core.. So thanks...!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Cheer, yeah same did AAFRP course too and the audit elective course twice!! But heard that its actually good for APM. Anyway sure ill see how im fixed coming closer maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 31 daisy chain

Anyone waiting for appeal results to come out tomorrow and receive an email today about the revision course??? #meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Anyone waiting for appeal results to come out tomorrow and receive an email today about the revision course??? #meltdown

Yep

Anyone else waiting on appeal? Is it just the letter in post or do they email as well?

• Advertisement

Think it's only due via email! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 2014DCR

2nd time around, passed Core, failed APM Elective with Sufficiency 1. Extenuating Circumstances appeal rejected. Another year..

Got no post or email from them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mariar89

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Got no post or email from them today.

Either did i! Wonder what that means.....

Anyone else heard anything yet? Still nothing this end. #menerves

• Advertisement

Good luck to anyone still waiting. So disappointed with appeal decision.

Got email, appeal also rejected.

Also rejected. Would like to know on what grounds. Very vague email

To the 2016 thread :(

Any of you guys going to do the revision course?

I predict low overall successful appeal percentage based on higher pass rates.

Revision Course for Core or Elective?

I failed core(1 red suffiency 0) don't think I'm going to do the revision course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MillieMollie

Anyone else heard anything yet? Still nothing this end. #menerves

Is this the extenuating circumstances or clerical appeal? I applied for the clerical recheck and heard nothing - I thought the results were out in January?

Only extenuating circumstances today as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MillieMollie

2014DCR wrote: »
    Only extenuating circumstances today as far as I am aware.

I should have gone down that appeal route. Looking at the stats 7% of extenuating appeals are successful vs basically 0% for clerical.

I failed tax (which I passed in the Mocks!!). I'm doing the revision course, as they institute said you have a better chance passing if you do the course.

I should have gone down that appeal route. Looking at the stats 7% of extenuating appeals are successful vs basically 0% for clerical.

I failed tax (which I passed in the Mocks!!). I'm doing the revision course, as they institute said you have a better chance passing if you do the course.

Yeh, nothing to do with the fee.. IMO it is all about technique at FAE. Technical knowledge is almost irrelevant. Finish the paper. Elementary but cost me in the elective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Yes i would advise doing the revision course. You get access to the new steps cases which are essential and get to do the mocks and in fairness its cheap for the value. Did it myself and passed 2nd time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lylodemo

I independently passed all FAE subjects over 2yrs and even with legitimate extenuating circumstances they refuse to pass me!! I've worked with so called FAE superstars for years who are brain dead in the field so it just leads me to believe either I'm easy pickings to drain money from or I'm not considered a part of the "elite PO BOX" group. Good luck to everyone considering repeating in 2016, I'll be making the move to ACCA

Good luck with ACCA. A know a few people who moved and all qualified now.

I am entering year 7 of this marathon as a result of rejected appeal. I now see an interim assessment has also been introduced for the elective. Another exam..

Good luck with ACCA. A know a few people who moved and all qualified now.

I am entering year 7 of this marathon as a result of rejected appeal. I now see an interim assessment has also been introduced for the elective. Another exam..

I'm in awe of you!! I sincerely hope you get it in 2016 best of luck!!

I'm raging I didn't make the move last year but I didn't expect to fail again gggggrrrrrr absolutely ridiculous marking scheme!!!

Thanks.

I thought with genuine extenuating circumstances, a sufficiency of 1 in elective despite not finishing the exam (sufficiency 2 the first time) and 6 years of determined effort they might have given me a break but obviously not. Apologies if I sound bitter. Well done to everyone who was successful with your appeal.

Thanks.

I thought with genuine extenuating circumstances, a sufficiency of 1 in elective despite not finishing the exam (sufficiency 2 the first time) and 6 years of determined effort they might have given me a break but obviously not. Apologies if I sound bitter. Well done to everyone who was successful with your appeal.

Let the bitterness out ;-) I'm close to taking up boxing just to vent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rusty91

I have just signed up for the revision course. Would anyone happen to have a copy of the timetable from last year so I can get an idea of the types of classes that will be held. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Anybody heard about their application to membership? did you get word back?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Anybody heard about their application to membership? did you get word back?

They received my cheque for membership just before xmas, but not in time for the monthly meeting so my application will be heard at next meeting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

They received my cheque for membership just before xmas, but not in time for the monthly meeting so my application will be heard at next meeting!

I got my application etc. in before the deadline and when I log on to the website I am listed as a member but haven't heard about conferment which is in Feb in Belfast.
    Congratulations on passing :)

Advertisement