Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Auditresit2015

I didn't get no email either! Does that mean I have failed my elective again :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I didn't get no email either! Does that mean I have failed my elective again :'(

Hope not - im in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Cant believe only 14 days now

MOD SNIP

Pretty miserable post to put up now isn't it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agreed there was no need for Pol to post that, as he does not have any insider information so please don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

m1ck007 wrote: »

AHHHHHH :eek:

In some ways I just want to know, so that I can cry and get ready to repeat (such an optimist!), but on the other hand I'd rather live in denial for another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I still can't believe it's not butter.

myshirt wrote: »
    I still can't believe it's not butter.

Are you really the head of the Kwik-E-Mart?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are you really the head of the Kwik-E-Mart?

You? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Institute seem to be getting very strict on attendance now. I read in the document below if you miss more than 2 workshop days they might not let you sit exams! Maybe if they had better lecturers people might feel the need to go. Also indicators from core exam on the second last page if anyone was wondering if they missed any.

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Global/student_services/FAE%202015%20Pre-Christmas/Pre-Christmas%20Timetables/FAE%20Explained%20-%202015-2016%20-%20Final%20-%20Oct%202015.pdf

15 indicators overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Institute seem to be getting very strict on attendance now. I read in the document below if you miss more than 2 workshop days they might not let you sit exams! Maybe if they had better lecturers people might feel the need to go. Also indicators from core exam on the second last page if anyone was wondering if they missed any.

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Global/student_services/FAE%202015%20Pre-Christmas/Pre-Christmas%20Timetables/FAE%20Explained%20-%202015-2016%20-%20Final%20-%20Oct%202015.pdf

15 indicators overall.
    Thanks.

But just to note that that document says that those indicators were picked out by the education team and not the examiner, so they could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Legwinski wrote: »
    Thanks.

But just to note that that document says that those indicators were picked out by the education team and not the examiner, so they could change.

Sorry I didn't see that. Can't imagine it would be any different but you never know with the institute.

Component materiality? I thought it was use of component auditors.

Component materiality? I thought it was use of component auditors
    It also doesn't mention FRS102

It also doesn't mention FRS102

Yea right enough. Perhaps it was part of the journal adjustments one.

Also just noticed that the document includes screenshots from this very thread! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Faerepeater

They mapped the FR indicator in the second one incorrectly it seems. 4.2 per competency statement is Finance.

Also could the Sale and Leaseback indicator they propose include the effect on EPS of removing the profit on sale from P&L? Just wondering why they would go IAS 33 and not actually include in indicator?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

I notice that they only found 3 BL indicators! Surely this is contrary to what we were told many times?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

b104t wrote: »
    I notice that they only found 3 BL indicators! Surely this is contrary to what we were told many times?

Yes it is, but i only found 2 on the day!
    so even is 3 is a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Auditresit2015

The indicators called out in that document were closely linked in previous years however in would say that if u notice u r missing something from these you can still get credit for other answers provided u have sufficient back up. Don't let this doc ruin ur run in to results as i did last year and was convinced I failed but it wasn't the case.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

I just checked to see if the results were up....just in case. Nothing yet, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I just checked to see if the results were up....just in case. Nothing yet, obviously.

haha wishful thinking.. would be good to just get them over with.
    Good luck everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

Anyone else get the email welcoming back new and returning students?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

No, I didn't get that, but did get the gentle reminder from them re joining! (i.e €900!)

I didnt get the reminder about joining!! Thats not a good sign!

PhilipLuke wrote: »
    I didnt get the reminder about joining!! Thats not a good sign!

Is your training contract finished?

Ah - Im not getting any of these emails at all and my training contract is up since the 31st of October.

Yes, since March 2015. Can anyone else let me know if they got that email in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lougil

I'm an elevation repeat student and I've received no letters at all, either reminding of applying for membership or giving details on news of success what to do. I'm assuming that's an indication I've failed again??? Does anyone know if that's the case if you haven't gotten these letters?

• Advertisement

I got an email two weeks age in relation to joining, from Colin Smith.

Advertisement