Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brownie91

Passed both.. Cannot believe it! Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I missed the audit elective last year - I know the feeling some of you guys are going through ! If anyone needs advice how to tackle it next year drop me a line ?!!

I passed my elective this year decile one !! Relived man

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lylodemo

Anyone out there repeating for the 3rd time? Well I kept failing PM and this year past both FP and MA but what do they do they fail me on Audit!!!! It's an absolute joke!!! Seriously what do I do now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Energy Star

Any news of pass percentages?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lougil

Lylodemo wrote: »
    Anyone out there repeating for the 3rd time? Well I kept failing PM and this year past both FP and MA but what do they do they fail me on Audit!!!! It's an absolute joke!!
    ! Seriously what do I do now :-(

I'm the same. I failed on PM last year and have just failed on Audit but got a 0 in sufficiency. I'm actually sick. I can't believe how unfair this is. I don't know what to do either. I cant face repeating for a 3rd time to fail again, I just can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

3 greens 3 yellows bye bye poverty line (: thank you God (:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisatm

Passed both - 5 greens and 1 yellow!! #burnthebooks

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

What's the story with the repeat, any sign of a second sitting? Failed elective, again! But you know I did try and 'cheat the system' as I'm sure they see it and moved to APM from audit. Such a miserable shower, honestly wish I'd never got wrapped up with this lot. The thought of paying them membership fees to support this charade sickens my stomach. Congrats to everyone done with FAEs, well deserved and enjoy your celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lougil

Congratulations to all who have passed! Enjoy your well deserved celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

passed both -exam is pot luck more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

3 greens in FR, Bus leadership and finance. Yellows in mgmt acc and audit. Red in tax. Sufficiency 0. I am gutted. What are my hopes in appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭PhilipLuke

shuyin1 wrote: »

Totally agree!

shuyin1 wrote: »

Agreed. I got decile 1 in both but think the exam is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Kevint30 wrote: »
    3 greens in FR, Bus leadership and finance. Yellows in mgmt acc and audit. Red in tax. Sufficiency 0. I am gutted. What are my hopes in appealing?

Exact same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If ye got tax elective boys then appeal a red in core tax. Have to give it to ye, christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Elective was APM which i passed. Pretty gutting to get so close tho

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FAE dear lord

Finally passed core with 4 green and 2 yellow.
    No idea how i got a green in financial reporting but **** it ha.

I agree the exam is pot luck i failed it with sufficiency 1 before. Best of luck to all who failed. The effort will pay off eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tresb26

3rd time taking core and got all greens! got the elective previously, advice to anyone is to persevere and go for it! worked my a** off last year and failed, went travelling for 6 months this year came back and did them! whole thing is very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sean987

Kevint30 wrote: »

Same as above but got red in Finance. Any1 know of somebody that has a successful appeal?

Sean987 wrote: »
    Same as above but got red in Finance. Any1 know of somebody that has a successful appeal?

My friend got bumped up last year for his elective but was for extenuating circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

myshirt wrote: »
    If ye got tax elective boys then appeal a red in core tax. Have to give it to ye, christ.

How did ye get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cluray

Passed both - 3Y and 3G. G in Fin Reporting thought I had gone down in that as missed an indicator, not sure how they mark them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cluray

Anyone just get an email from CAI about traffic light colours on letters being different to wats on portal? Portal is right apparently but seriously nearly 3 months and still errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lylodemo

Lougil wrote: »
    I'm the same. I failed on PM last year and have just failed on Audit but got a 0 in sufficiency. I'm actually sick. I can't believe how unfair this is. I don't know what to do either. I cant face repeating for a 3rd time to fail again, I just can't.

It's soul destroying!!!!

Anyone get the email about the traffic light error. The institute are an embarrassment and completely incompetent. Having already ****ed up for the mocks you have gone and done it again in the actual exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

cluray wrote: »
    Anyone just get an email from CAI about traffic light colours on letters being different to wats on portal? Portal is right apparently but seriously nearly 3 months and still errors.

Yes that's ridiculous!!

I got 4G 2Y. Green in FR even though I thought that's what I would fail in. Yellow in finance even though I thought I did well. **** it, it's over. I don't care.

Yes that's ridiculous!!

I got 4G 2Y. Green in FR even though I thought that's what I would fail in. Yellow in finance even though I thought I did well. **** it, it's over. I don't care.

Really only the institute would manage to make a **** up like this. I got 4 green 2 yellow but letter said 4 yellow 2 green.

This will cause carnage if someone passed but letter said failed or vice versa.

To be honest a yellow in financial reporting makes more sense than the green i apparently got.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

Hi folks,

With regard to the mistakes in your results letter; I can see a few have picked up on this above and the institute have issued their sincere apologies to the committee both last night and this morning. Just to clarify, the colours are the only aspect which is incorrect. Whether you passed or failed is unaffected. Your portal results are correct in colour. A revised letter will issue early next week.

We will be liaising with the Institute to find out how this happened over the coming days and they will be issuing us with a full report on the steps already taken and to be taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Any questions please email us at info@cassi.ie.

Thanks and congratulations to those who achieved a pass or credit. If you were unlucky enough to fail, please contact us if you have any queries on the process from here on.

Caroline
    CASSI Education Officer

• Registered Users Posts: 19 b104t

Any word on the board report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Well done to those who passed.

As I said earlier on the thread, if anyone who didnt pass needs to have a chat about what their options are in terms of job prospects, just drop me a pm.

There are plenty of option, sure its a minor setback, but remember your career will probably span 40 years!

Advertisement