Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey I'm wondering if you'd have anything similar to the following in stock?

https://bolandsofgorey.ie/rem-1600-6ft

Hi emmetkenny

We have a massive selection of Superking beds and mattresses always in stock so generally have something for everyone and their budget.

Thanks

bigmickey team

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

I bought a 'clima cool elation' mattress last week and only slept in it for one night found myself too hot due to memory foam upper part so much for it being 'cool' . Now I stuck with it, guessing no one buys a superking mattress second ? To add to my woes my OH loves it. Just posting as a warning to anyone buying memory foam to ensure they test one some where before purchasing !

hatchman wrote: »
    I bought a 'clima cool elation' mattress last week and only slept in it for one night found myself too hot due to memory foam upper part so much for it being 'cool' . Now I stuck with it, guessing no one buys a superking mattress second ? To add to my woes my OH loves it. Just posting as a warning to anyone buying memory foam to ensure they test one some where before purchasing !

Did you contact the shop you bought it from to see if they could do anything for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Did you contact the shop you bought it from to see if they could do anything for you ?

I did and they said for hygiene reasons they couldn't take it back ! Which I kind of understand but it only was used for one night. Would a shop normally take them back or do a swap ?

hatchman wrote: »
    I did and they said for hygiene reasons they couldn't take it back ! Which I kind of understand but it only was used for one night. Would a shop normally take them back or do a swap ?

Bigmickey.ie would and have done in the past. We would then put the used item in one of our clearance sales with the reason why and someone would grab a bargain. It's called Customer Service.

Having said that I would suggest that you try your mattress again because it can take more that one night to get used to a new mattress. Some people get it right the very first night but it can take others up to 10 to 14 nights to adjust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Housemate moving out in July. I KNOW :( the mattress will have to be replaced and given its the squeakiest bed frame ever I think I need to get a divan.

King size, it's a big room. What kind of money am I looking at for an ok mattress, divan and headboard BigMickey.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Have you any 4 ft beds. I know it's an unusual size but a double bed is too big for the room and a single is too small. There's a bed in there already but tbh it's not great quality at all. Looking for something that's built to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

How much would it be for your cheapest single bed with mattress? + delivery to Cork?

retweet wrote: »
    How much would it be for your cheapest single bed with mattress? + delivery to Cork?

We have single sets for €149. Delivery is free when going your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Big mickey,

Do you take old mattress away with delivery?

• Advertisement

meath4sam wrote: »
    Big mickey,

Do you take old mattress away with delivery?

Yes, we take them to a local recycling center that disposes of them correctly and issue paperwork to us to that effect.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Hi big Mickey
    Our toddler will be moving from her cot bed into a big girl bed (single) soon. We got a flexa bed so we don't want a mattress which is too deep. What would you recommend from your stock??
    Thanks

bungaro79 wrote: »
    Hi big Mickey
    Our toddler will be moving from her cot bed into a big girl bed (single) soon. We got a flexa bed so we don't want a mattress which is too deep. What would you recommend from your stock??
    Thanks

We have or can get most single mattresses. Do you know what type you require ?

Thanks

Bigmickey team

thanks for getting back to me big mickey. what kind of mattress would you recommend for a toddler?? i had a memory foam one before and didn't like it so not that anyway! as long as its not too deep but still is good quality for her. would the air spring bed be the best as its for a smallie who will probably be jumping on the bed half the time?! the next dearest ones look great but are too deep i think for her bed. if you have any other suggestions then please fire away!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redser16

Hi Big Mickey,
    Just wanted to say I dropped down to you last Saturday week and it was a pleasure to do business. Genuine bargains with good honest information without the hard sell pressure.
    I got a superking mattress, a triple bunk bed with a double and a single mattress along with a hall sideboard.

Everthing delivered following Wednesday and took away the old superking mattress.
    Thanks for everything.

bungaro79 wrote: »
    thanks for getting back to me big mickey. what kind of mattress would you recommend for a toddler?? i had a memory foam one before and didn't like it so not that anyway! as long as its not too deep but still is good quality for her. would the air spring bed be the best as its for a smallie who will probably be jumping on the bed half the time?! the next dearest ones look great but are too deep i think for her bed. if you have any other suggestions then please fire away!

Hi bungaro79

We have complete single sets from €149 inc base + mattress. It is all down to your budget. If you want to prevent the child from bouncing on the mattress then perhaps a 6 inch foam mattress (firm). There won't be much bounce as there is no spring. These are also turnable and will last but as I said it's all down to budget.

i got a mattress off bigmickey after talking to him (i think it was him) on the phone and i got a great deal. the mattress is fantastic and my smallie sleeps like a log on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

Hi bigmickey,

I remembered seeing you did Sealy's mattresses before. But I couldn't see them on your website. Have you stopped selling their mattresses? I am looking for Sealy nostromo 1400 king. Have you got anything similar to that?

Regards
    s

s982102 wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey,

I remembered seeing you did Sealy's mattresses before. But I couldn't see them on your website. Have you stopped selling their mattresses? I am looking for Sealy nostromo 1400 king. Have you got anything similar to that?

Regards
    s

No we still get job lots of Sealy

and great deals currently on Harrison Spinks models out of John Lewis and also Sealy from:) Bensons for Beds

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis...-size/p2429078

Kingsize in John Lewis is £999 (€1088) OUR PRICE €550

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/sing...tSku=433000002

Kingsize in Bensons for Beds £1599.99 (€1744) OUR PRICE €699

Anyone interested in the John Lewis mattresses hold on a little longer as we are doing a promotion on them here on Boards in a few weeks time and any member of boards will be getting a further €100 discount. We have the promotion booked with the guys on Boards to coincide with The Ideal Homes Exhibition so yours for only €450 at the show.

https://idealhome.ie/free-ticket-registration/

Use Promo Code - Dublin Beds

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

and great deals currently on Harrison Spinks models out of John Lewis and also Sealy from:) Bensons for Beds

Anyone interested in the John Lewis mattresses hold on a little longer as we are doing a promotion on them here on Boards in a few weeks time and any member of boards will be getting a further €100 discount. We have the promotion booked with the guys on Boards to coincide with The Ideal Homes Exhibition so yours for only €450 at the show.

Thanks. Do you stock different firmness for the two mentioned above? I would be looking for a medium to firm one. I know I should try them before ordering. But I am living in Limerick . It can be difficult for me to get there. Do you know if there are any similar mattresses stocked in EZ-living or Harvey Normal so I could try them out first? ;)

• Advertisement

s982102 wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you stock different firmness for the two mentioned above? I would be looking for a medium to firm one. I know I should try them before ordering. But I am living in Limerick . It can be difficult for me to get there. Do you know if there are any similar mattresses stocked in EZ-living or Harvey Normal so I could try them out first? ;)

Hi s982102

If you pm me your details, then the next time we are going near you we can put one of each on and give you a look at them. No obligation to buy. There are some 5000 pocket and 6000 pocket mattresses in the consignments that we got. The 5000 pocket seems a bit firmer than the 6000 pocket. I am unsure what the other shops have but as far as I know they don't have anything from the Harrison brand. As I said send your details and we can discuss other options also.

bigmickey.ie Team

043 3345488

086 8356888

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

The link for Benson's isn't working, the john lewis one looks good though! I am looking for super king mattress and simple bed frame. Are you doing these in those sizes?

loopymum wrote: »
    The link for Benson's isn't working, the john lewis one looks good though! I am looking for super king mattress and simple bed frame. Are you doing these in those sizes?

Hi loopymum

We have plenty of Superking mattresses in stock. We have over 200 units currently. There will be a mixed bag of Sealy. The John Lewis ones are in Single- 4ft - Double and Kingsize but No Superking in those yet. Then, we have our regular stock. We have about 15 different high quality models on our shop floor and also some cheap ones too.

I have a hard copy of the Bensons Sealy bed. I will post it when I get a chance.

Thanks

loopymum wrote: »

http://www.serenefurnishings.co.uk/products/amelia-opal-white-bed

I have one of the left, brand new and boxed in Superking for €250

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice before I shell out....

I have a superking bed frame with slatted base, and a pocket sprung mattress, both bought new about 10 years ago - one or the other or both have my back broken :mad:

Was told along the way that pocket sprung mattress was not suitable for a slatted base - do you agree with this? I got sheets of board to put under the mattress, and that has improved matters a bit, but still far from perfect.

The mattress was an expensive Halcyon one bought new, so I'm surprised if it's the problem - but if it is, I have no problem replacing it. Or replacing the bed for a divan if that would fix things. But I don't want to shell out hundreds and still have the same problem after!

If I could try a mattress on the bed frame and return if not suitable it'd be great - but understandably that's not an option!

Do you have any advice for me???

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hi there, looking for a bit of advice before I shell out....

I have a superking bed frame with slatted base, and a pocket sprung mattress, both bought new about 10 years ago - one or the other or both have my back broken :mad:

Was told along the way that pocket sprung mattress was not suitable for a slatted base - do you agree with this? I got sheets of board to put under the mattress, and that has improved matters a bit, but still far from perfect.

The mattress was an expensive Halcyon one bought new, so I'm surprised if it's the problem - but if it is, I have no problem replacing it. Or replacing the bed for a divan if that would fix things. But I don't want to shell out hundreds and still have the same problem after!

If I could try a mattress on the bed frame and return if not suitable it'd be great - but understandably that's not an option!

Do you have any advice for me???

How big is the gap in the slats in your current bed and are they sprung or ridgid slats ? If the gap is too big the pocket springs can eventually sag between the slats causing a problem but this would be quite rare. Did you buy the bed and mattress at the same time ? How long are you experiencing this problem ?

Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 28,818 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How big is the gap in the slats in your current bed and are they sprung or ridgid slats ? If the gap is too big the pocket springs can eventually sag between the slats causing a problem but this would be quite rare. Did you buy the bed and mattress at the same time ? How long are you experiencing this problem ?

Bigmickey Team

The slats are approx 9cm wide, with about a 3cm gap between them. They're wood, not sprung.

I bought the bed (Foko) and mattress (Halcyon) new at the same time - the mattress was the one being sold by the shop with the bed but I got it from the company direct. They both seem to have gone out of business since then, so I can't query it with them.

It's never been really comfortable, but in recent years (say three or four) it's got so that I have to move to another (cheap n cheerful) divan for a few nights every couple of weeks to give my back a break! I'm desperate at this stage!!

ETA, I've regularly turned and rotated the mattress, so don't think it should have deformed around the slats.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The slats are approx 9cm wide, with about a 3cm gap between them. They're wood, not sprung.

I bought the bed (Foko) and mattress (Halcyon) new at the same time - the mattress was the one being sold by the shop with the bed but I got it from the company direct. They both seem to have gone out of business since then, so I can't query it with them.

It's never been really comfortable, but in recent years (say three or four) it's got so that I have to move to another (cheap n cheerful) divan for a few nights every couple of weeks to give my back a break! I'm desperate at this stage!!

ETA, I've regularly turned and rotated the mattress, so don't think it should have deformed around the slats.

Hi again

The distance between the slats is fine. That is not the problem. I will pm you and see if we can assist further.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi bigmickey,
    just to let you and everyone else know that I could not be more impressed with the mattress you suggested after email contact 2 weeks ago.
    I told you what I wanted and you delivered within 2 days, no messing no hard sell.
    You were recommended to me from someone on here and I have no hesitation recommending you to others who have yet to do business with you.
    Kind regards,
    Rows Grower.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Hi bigmickey,
    just to let you and everyone else know that I could not be more impressed with the mattress you suggested after email contact 2 weeks ago.
    I told you what I wanted and you delivered within 2 days, no messing no hard sell.
    You were recommended to me from someone on here and I have no hesitation recommending you to others who have yet to do business with you.
    Kind regards,
    Rows Grower.

Hi Rows Grower

Glad to hear you are happy. Boards.ie is such an important part of our business and we always try that bit harder for you guys.

By the way which mattress did you get ?

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Advertisement