Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hi Rows Grower

Glad to hear you are happy. Boards.ie is such an important part of our business and we always try that bit harder for you guys.

By the way which mattress did you get ?

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

I was going to buy a more expensive brand and you guided me towards a 19cm Signature Sleep King Harmony, a great mattress.
    Thank you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

I was going to buy a more expensive brand and you guided me towards a 19cm Signature Sleep King Harmony, a great mattress.
    Thank you.

Great. They are coming to an end and we have nothing similar to replace them. We got around 1000 of them some months ago and not even a single complaint about one of them. €249 for a double or king pocket sprung mattress is not a bed deal these days.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Hi Big Mickey,
    Looking for a queen size bed and frame delivery to Galway. Packed flat if possible as there is a tight turn at the top of the stairs. What would you recommend?
    Cheers

Hi Big Mickey,
    Looking for a queen size bed and frame delivery to Galway. Packed flat if possible as there is a tight turn at the top of the stairs. What would you recommend?
    Cheers

Hi supersparkz

When you say queen size, what width do you need ? Is it 5ft or 6ft ? If shopping around you are better using these sizes as names can differ depending on country of manufacture.

Thanks
    bigmickey

Hi supersparkz

When you say queen size, what width do you need ? Is it 5ft or 6ft ? If shopping around you are better using these sizes as names can differ depending on country of manufacture.

Thanks
    bigmickey

Hi BM,
    Good point, It's a 6ft I am after, can you give me a couple of mattress options too please,
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi BM,
    Good point, It's a 6ft I am after, can you give me a couple of mattress options too please,
    Thanks

Hi supersparkz

Any chance you could visit us in Longford ? We have over 200 superking mattresses in stock from €150 up €3000. It's very hard to pick a mattress for someone else. We have a big selection of 6ft frames both on display and in stock. If you can't come up to us, just send me your number or give me a call on 086 8356888 and I will try and figure out what might work best for you.

Thanks
    bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bigmickey will you have a selection of mattresses at the Ideal Homes show in the RDS?

We are currently looking to replace ours and a trip to Longford is quite a way from Wexford.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Bigmickey will you have a selection of mattresses at the Ideal Homes show in the RDS?

We are currently looking to replace ours and a trip to Longford is quite a way from Wexford.

Hi emmetkenny

Yes, we should have about 8 or 9 different models to try. We will be doing weekend deals so a good time to buy.

Hi emmetkenny

Yes, we should have about 8 or 9 different models to try. We will be doing weekend deals so a good time to buy.

Excellent thank you, if we don't find something we like we can go for a recommendation from yourselves on the day anyway.

Do you accept One4All vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aldarjes

Hi, wondering if you have Raz orthopedic double divan beds in stock. I got one a few months ago and very happy with it so looking to get another one. Also, when you you expect to be in West Cork next. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi supersparkz

Any chance you could visit us in Longford ? We have over 200 superking mattresses in stock from €150 up €3000. It's very hard to pick a mattress for someone else. We have a big selection of 6ft frames both on display and in stock. If you can't come up to us, just send me your number or give me a call on 086 8356888 and I will try and figure out what might work best for you.

Thanks
    bigmickey

Now that you mention it we did like the odearest posturefirm mattress. Would you have something similar? Thanks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Excellent thank you, if we don't find something we like we can go for a recommendation from yourselves on the day anyway.

Do you accept One4All vouchers?

Hi emmetkenny. We don't take the One4All vouchers currently but we accept all major credit and debit cards, Paypal and bank transfer

Thanks
    bigmickey

Hi emmetkenny. We don't take the One4All vouchers currently but we accept all major credit and debit cards, Paypal and bank transfer

Thanks
    bigmickey

Thanks again!! See you at the Ideal homes so.

Aldarjes wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if you have Raz orthopedic double divan beds in stock. I got one a few months ago and very happy with it so looking to get another one. Also, when you you expect to be in West Cork next. Thanks.

Hi Aldarjes.

This always happens. We are in Cork today. We have loads of the beds in stock. We use a courier that we work with from Cork. I will call him now and see is he going near you.

Now that you mention it we did like the odearest posturefirm mattress. Would you have something similar? Thanks

Hi again

I would think so as we carry an extensive range of 6ft (Superking) mattresses and we generally have mattresses to suit all our customers.

Thanks

bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

Hi bigmickey

I’m looking for a double bed, with storage underneath preferably pull up, for a spare room. Based in north Dublin. Can you recommend a bed, price and delivery?

Thanks Amy

copea2 wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey

I’m looking for a double bed, with storage underneath preferably pull up, for a spare room. Based in north Dublin. Can you recommend a bed, price and delivery?

Thanks Amy

Hi Amy

I take it you mean an Ottoman bed. We have from all prices. How is your room size. A divan ottoman will only take up the same size as the mattress while most frame ottoman's will take up much more space. Delivery is free and quick. We are loaded for Dublin for tomorrow but I believe we have loads again on Friday and on Saturday of this week. What type would suit you best ?

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

Hi Bigmickey,

Would you take away old mattress if required?

Thanks

Hi Bigmickey,

Would you take away old mattress if required?

Thanks

Hi insullation

Yes we take them away and dispose of them properly to a licensed waste disposal company that issue the correct paperwork for every transaction and none of them end up in places like here :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/warning-issued-cheap-mattress-scam-6733750

This is getting quite worrying as more and more of these types are popping up every week with rogue traders. I heard there were people complaining to Joe Duffy this week about dodgy mattresses and I will bet it was guys like this. They are recovering the old ones and poor unfortunate customers are buying a load of crap while think they are getting a bargain.

Thanks

bigmickey team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Hi Mickey,
    Daytob here purchased a fair bit of your stuff years ago, still solid after even having a toddler, I too have seen those pages on facebook and the likes and still wouldnt touch them.
    I often feel bad because I bought most of my house from you and its still in great condition, and while I do tell others about you, some wont. Will you be doing anything in and around dublin, for those who are afraid of travelling out to the schticks ;) I mean apart from the ideal homes exhibition?

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,
    Daytob here purchased a fair bit of your stuff years ago, still solid after even having a toddler, I too have seen those pages on facebook and the likes and still wouldnt touch them.
    I often feel bad because I bought most of my house from you and its still in great condition, and while I do tell others about you, some wont. Will you be doing anything in and around dublin, for those who are afraid of travelling out to the schticks ;) I mean apart from the ideal homes exhibition?

Hi Daytob

Good to hear from you again and that your money was well spent with us all those years ago . Yes, many of these rogue traders are on Facebook while others are just going around taking a chance knocking on doors. Some of the Facebook traders change their pages every few weeks to avoid detection.

We always do great deals for all you guys on boards. We deliver to Dublin nearly every day. About 70% of our sales are to Dublin. For those customers that can't or won't travel to Longford and are from Dublin, we have our sister company in Dublin, www.dublinbeds.ie This is a first of it's kind. It's a mobile display bed and mattress shop. It's totally online and it suits many customers that work very long hours or that don't drive so instead of them going to the shop, the shop comes to them. They will be doing some very special deals on beds and mattresses at the Ideal Homes Exhibition in October. I will post a free admission tickets link in a few mins for anyone interested.

Thanks for your comments.

https://idealhome.ie/free-ticket-registration/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 copea2

Hi Big Mickey

Thinking about it maybe a divan would be better (is that with drawers underneath)?

Room is about 15/16sqm. What would you recommend?
    What’s the Hilton like?

Thanks
    Amy

copea2 wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey

Thinking about it maybe a divan would be better (is that with drawers underneath)?

Room is about 15/16sqm. What would you recommend?
    What’s the Hilton like?

Thanks
    Amy

Hi Amy

You can have a divan with drawers, usually 2 or 4 but we get custom made so everything is possible. The cheapest way out will be a standard set with or without drawers. That Hilton has come to an end. The Raz or the Ruby would be more superior and still around the same price.

If you can't come to the shop and you are living fairly central then we can show you them before you part with your money to see if you like any of them. Best is to call me on 086 8356888 or 043 3345488 to discuss or pm your number and we can call you.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1 din03

Hello Big Mickey,

I am looking for king size bed of pocket sprung and medium firmness may be orthopedic one. Since I have back problem so looking for suitable mattress. I am based in Dublin but can manage to visit once to Langford. Could you please suggest me some mattress as per my requirement?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi big mickey, looking for 2 bunk beds. One with double at bottom and other standard all including mattresses delivery to dundalk. Any pics on your website? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi Daytob

Good to hear from you again and that your money was well spent with us all those years ago . Yes, many of these rogue traders are on Facebook while others are just going around taking a chance knocking on doors. Some of the Facebook traders change their pages every few weeks to avoid detection.

We always do great deals for all you guys on boards. We deliver to Dublin nearly every day. About 70% of our sales are to Dublin. For those customers that can't or won't travel to Longford and are from Dublin, we have our sister company in Dublin, www.dublinbeds.ie This is a first of it's kind. It's a mobile display bed and mattress shop. It's totally online and it suits many customers that work very long hours or that don't drive so instead of them going to the shop, the shop comes to them. They will be doing some very special deals on beds and mattresses at the Ideal Homes Exhibition in October. I will post a free admission tickets link in a few mins for anyone interested.

Thanks for your comments.

https://idealhome.ie/free-ticket-registration/

the Dublin beds logo, is even better lads. Love it :)

din03 wrote: »
    Hello Big Mickey,

I am looking for king size bed of pocket sprung and medium firmness may be orthopedic one. Since I have back problem so looking for suitable mattress. I am based in Dublin but can manage to visit once to Langford. Could you please suggest me some mattress as per my requirement?

Thanks

Hi din03

We always have hundreds of mattresses in stock. We prefer for customers that have particular needs to come and try them out for themselves. Quite often when customers do this they buy a different mattress than they intended. We have 30 quality mattresses on our shop floor. If you can call to us at all then this would be better. We have three customers that are Chiropractor's. One bought the Platinum 2000 Memory, other guy bought a Jade 1500 latex and the third guy bought a 2 in 1 non pocket mattress. With the 2 in 1 there are no springs but one side is rock hard while the other side is a bit softer.

Thanks

Mick

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Hi big mickey, looking for 2 bunk beds. One with double at bottom and other standard all including mattresses delivery to dundalk. Any pics on your website? Thanks

Hi gomamoch1

Were you thinking wooden or metal ? Wood way out sells metal.

Thanks

Mick

rob316 wrote: »
    the Dublin beds logo, is even better lads. Love it :)

and the promo video.....................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gUD59k_sIY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi Big Mickey

Can you recommend a Single bed headboard for my teenager this might have to go on the wall also might need a mattress

thanks

Advertisement