Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey

Can you recommend a Single bed headboard for my teenager this might have to go on the wall also might need a mattress

thanks

Hi torrevieja

We get custom made headboards from UK every week so you can have whatever you want. Our single headboards start from €59. Plenty of mattresses in stock also.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi torrevieja

We get custom made headboards from UK every week so you can have whatever you want. Our single headboards start from €59. Plenty of mattresses in stock also.

Thanks

Mick

Do ú have a link?

Do the headboards go straight on wall ?

Do ú have a link?

Do the headboards go straight on wall ?

Hi

For €59 it's a plain rectangular fabric headboard and available in many colours. You get 4 clips for hanging on the wall. Can send you images tomorrow.

Is you wall a stud or solid wall ?

Thanks

Mick

Hi

For €59 it's a plain rectangular fabric headboard and available in many colours. You get 4 clips for hanging on the wall. Can send you images tomorrow.

Is you wall a stud or solid wall ?

Thanks

Mick

solid wall its a B??ch to drill yea sends images

solid wall its a B??ch to drill yea sends images

Hiya mick did u get those images its a solid wall I hate it

• Advertisement

Hiya mick did u get those images its a solid wall I hate it

Sent you a pm.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dnpaddy

No we still get job lots of Sealy

and great deals currently on Harrison Spinks models out of John Lewis and also Sealy from:) Bensons for Beds

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis...-size/p2429078

Kingsize in John Lewis is £999 (€1088) OUR PRICE €550

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/sing...tSku=433000002

Kingsize in Bensons for Beds £1599.99 (€1744) OUR PRICE €699

Anyone interested in the John Lewis mattresses hold on a little longer as we are doing a promotion on them here on Boards in a few weeks time and any member of boards will be getting a further €100 discount. We have the promotion booked with the guys on Boards to coincide with The Ideal Homes Exhibition so yours for only €450 at the show.

https://idealhome.ie/free-ticket-registration/

Use Promo Code - Dublin Beds

Last Saturday I travelled to Longford with my wife to try out Harrison Spinks / John Lewis mattresses mentioned by Big Mickey in the above post. We were on the market for a replacement for our almost 10-year old Silentnight mattress, and have tried different mattresses in various shops in Dublin .

This trip to Longford was very worthwhile. We spent more than hour in Mick's shop as he had a number of options to test. Mick was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We ended up buying a king size Harrison Spinks / John Lewis mattress for ourselves and a single Ruby mattress for our son. The overall cost for both of them, including delivery and collection of the old ones, was less than the average price for a single king size mattress in Dublin's shops.

The mattresses were delivered to our home in North County Dublin at around 10am on Tuesday. After sleeping on them for four nights we are very happy with our choice. The only problem - now it is much harder to get our teenage son out of bed. :)

Overall I would highly recommend Mick and his shop. If you don't have a chance to travel to Longford you might meet Mick and see his offers at The Ideal Homes Exhibition in Dublin.

Thank you Mick!

dnpaddy wrote: »
    Last Saturday I travelled to Longford with my wife to try out Harrison Spinks / John Lewis mattresses mentioned by Big Mickey in the above post. We were on the market for a replacement for our almost 10-year old Silentnight mattress, and have tried different mattresses in various shops in Dublin .

This trip to Longford was very worthwhile. We spent more than hour in Mick's shop as he had a number of options to test. Mick was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We ended up buying a king size Harrison Spinks / John Lewis mattress for ourselves and a single Ruby mattress for our son. The overall cost for both of them, including delivery and collection of the old ones, was less than the average price for a single king size mattress in Dublin's shops.

The mattresses were delivered to our home in North County Dublin at around 10am on Tuesday. After sleeping on them for four nights we are very happy with our choice. The only problem - now it is much harder to get our teenage son out of bed. :)

Overall I would highly recommend Mick and his shop. If you don't have a chance to travel to Longford you might meet Mick and see his offers at The Ideal Homes Exhibition in Dublin.

Thank you Mick!

Hi dnpaddy

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you are happy with your purchases. For anyone interested, here are a couple of videos as to how the harrison Spinks mattresses are made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3rq3ADvqBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

Also anyone wanting to visit us (dublinbeds.ie) at the Ideal Homes Exhibition in the RDS on 27th-30th October we have some free tickets left, just ask.

Hopefully see you at Stand M50 - dublinbeds.ie

We will have a sponsored thread here on boards next week with some offers and competition prizes posted for the show. Keep an eye for it.

Regards

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm looking for a kingsize bed and mattress and a single mattress.

The ones with storage would be really handy. Do the ones where the whole bed lifts up have good longevity? Are they sturdy?

I'll be at the Ideal Homes later this month.

PS am I the only one who thinks the Dublin Beds logo looks a bit dirty? :D

Probably just my mind :rolleyes:

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm looking for a kingsize bed and mattress and a single mattress.

The ones with storage would be really handy. Do the ones where the whole bed lifts up have good longevity? Are they sturdy?

I'll be at the Ideal Homes later this month.

PS am I the only one who thinks the Dublin Beds logo looks a bit dirty? :D

Probably just my mind :rolleyes:

Hi Wheety

The lift up storage beds come as a frame and also as a divan. We have not had any issues with either type to date. We will have a divan ottoman on display at the Ideal Homes Show. Both types are quite sturdy. If you want free passes for the show just pm me and I will be happy to put in the post for you.

As regards the logo, it's working very well. Loads of people are sharing it and talking about it. Despite what you think of it, dublinbeds.ie is a very serious business and Fiona is getting a lot of repeat customers out of it. She is a very serious woman when it comes to customer service. She has a really nice stand (M50) built for the show. Hope to see you there.

Regards

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

the link to donedeal does not operate

the link to donedeal does not operate

Is it the one going back to 2014 ? Probably , well gone by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Good morning, I hope you didn't suffer too much damage storm wise.

I'm looking for a Reclining chair for an older person with limited mobility that tilts forward to assist them in getting out.

If you have any options I'd be interested in considering them.

Ideally something you have in stock or can source quickly please

Thanks a lot

Damien

E30i wrote: »
    Good morning, I hope you didn't suffer too much damage storm wise.

I'm looking for a Reclining chair for an older person with limited mobility that tilts forward to assist them in getting out.

If you have any options I'd be interested in considering them.

Ideally something you have in stock or can source quickly please

Thanks a lot

Damien

Hi Damien

pm sent.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi Wheety
    If you want free passes for the show just pm me and I will be happy to put in the post for you.
    Thanks for the offer. I already have a couple of free passes so will see you there.

Wheety wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer. I already have a couple of free passes so will see you there.

Great. Stand M50. See you there.

Anyone else looking for free tickets. Just ask but only ask if you are going to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Hi Mickey I'm looking for a small double mattress for a room I'm renting out. Don't want to spend too much. I'd need to get a head board too. I'm in Cork city. Just wondering what would you recommend. Thanks

Hi Mickey I'm looking for a small double mattress for a room I'm renting out. Don't want to spend too much. I'd need to get a head board too. I'm in Cork city. Just wondering what would you recommend. Thanks

Hi

We can put a mix/match Airsprung divan set together for you for €249 but we have a set call Windsor, it's a turnable mattress and very deep for €299. Can find you a headboard from €30 or matching one for the Windsor for €59 but call it €350 for the full Windsor set including headboard. I think we have some cheap leather beds for €299 inc. mattress also.

Thanks

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Interesting piece....just pm me and we can get a review site up and running . I always wanted to be a millionaire;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

I ordered a mattress off of Mick during the week,

Very easy to deal with and great value with the John Lewis 6000.

Best of luck at the show Mick.

Alan G wrote: »
    I ordered a mattress off of Mick during the week,

Very easy to deal with and great value with the John Lewis 6000.

Best of luck at the show Mick.

Hi Alan G

Thanks for the business.

Still have about 10 free tickets left for the Ideal Homes Show this weekend if anyone needs one but today is last day for posting to receive on time.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Hi Mick,

I'm looking for a king size divan bed (preferably with storage) with a good quality mattress - was thinking along the lines of the John Lewis mentioned above. I'm on a budget, and was half thinking of a mix and matching the base + mattress as I have a very good quality (black) headboard on my current bed that suits the room. Anything in stock that might be suitable?

Thanks,

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi Mick looking for a double bunk bed with a double bed on the bottom and a single on top with a decent double mattress delivered to dundalk in white painted wood. Pm price please

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Hi Mick looking for a double bunk bed with a double bed on the bottom and a single on top with a decent double mattress delivered to dundalk in white painted wood. Pm price please

pm sent.

Thanks

Mick

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

I'm looking for a king size divan bed (preferably with storage) with a good quality mattress - was thinking along the lines of the John Lewis mentioned above. I'm on a budget, and was half thinking of a mix and matching the base + mattress as I have a very good quality (black) headboard on my current bed that suits the room. Anything in stock that might be suitable?

Thanks,

Dan.

HI Dan

Should have kingsize storage bases from €250. Will be Silentnight or Sealy. Have pocket sprung king mattresses from €249. Give me a call on 086 8356888

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Hi Mick- do you know if you have anything like the attached in a king-size light grey? Would be looking for a decent mattress with it too.

Thanks,
    Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭frankston

Hi
    I suffer from acid reflux an need a bed that can be adjusted so I sleep at an angle (tilted) much like a hospital bed.

I am not sure if this can also be provided in a double/queens size format with each side working independently

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭frankston

Hi
    I suffer from acid reflux an need a bed that can be adjusted so I sleep at an angle (tilted) much like a hospital bed.

I am not sure if this can also be provided in a double/queens size format with each side working independently

Regards

• Advertisement

frankston wrote: »
    Hi

Regards

Hi frankston

Yes we can. We have these in stock.

Thanks

Mick

Advertisement