Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Delivery is free. We have a huge range starting from 150 euro upwards

Thanks

Thanks Mick anything around €300-€400?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I currently have a king size Silent Night Miracoil Pillow Top Mattress on a wooden slatted base. I sleep on my side and often wake with shoulder pain even after I added a memory foam topper. Any recommendations for which mattress to go for

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Suckit wrote: »
    Kingsize thanks.

Hi Suckit

Should have some Silentnight sprung top king bases for 249 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi. Looking for a price for 2 double ottoman beds with decent mattress.
    Cheers

Hi

Is it frame or divan ottoman model that you require ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Thanks Mick anything around €300-€400?

Hi

Yes we would have or for even less. There is a shop floor John Lewis 5000 pocket model. These were in John Lewis for almost 1000 pounds. All our stock is now sold. We sold them for 499 euro. Can do the floor model for 350 euro. As far as I know is perfect but can double check in the morning. Will have others also.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement

ebeanz wrote: »
    I currently have a king size Silent Night Miracoil Pillow Top Mattress on a wooden slatted base. I sleep on my side and often wake with shoulder pain even after I added a memory foam topper. Any recommendations for which mattress to go for

Hi ebeanz

It's hard to pick a mattress for someone else. It's really a personal choice. How old is your Silentnight ? We have some Sealy Fairmount contract (Hotel) pillow top mattresses in kingsize only. They were ordered by a hotel in the incorrect size. I can WhatsApp you an image of it. Price 599 euro

Bigmickey.ie

Hi

Yes we would have or for even less. There is a shop floor John Lewis 5000 pocket model. These were in John Lewis for almost 1000 pounds. All our stock is now sold. We sold them for 499 euro. Can do the floor model for 350 euro. As far as I know is perfect but can double check in the morning. Will have others also.

Bigmickey
    Sorry, only getting back to this now. Could you check please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ebeanz wrote: »
    I am the same, I have a wooden slatted base, I got the Hilton 3000 and it has made a big difference, but I still have aches (not nearly as much as previous mattress) and that is the reason I was asking about a divan sprung top base, I have been told that would make an even bigger difference.

@bigmickey would it make as much of a difference?
    Hi Suckit

Should have some Silentnight sprung top king bases for 249 euro

Thanks

Bigmickey
    ]

Sorry, only getting back to this now. Could you check please

Hi

The mattress itself is perfect. The label on the mattress is stamped "Seconds" and has a few cuts on it but overall the mattress is in a very good condition.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Suckit wrote: »
    I am the same, I have a wooden slatted base, I got the Hilton 3000 and it has made a big difference, but I still have aches (not nearly as much as previous mattress) and that is the reason I was asking about a divan sprung top base, I have been told that would make an even bigger difference.

@bigmickey would it make as much of a difference?

]

Hi Suckit

To be honest, if you have a mattress of the quality of the Hilton 3000 then it should not really matter what type of base the mattress is on. It can take up to a month to get used to a new mattress. How long have you the Hilton 3000 ?

If you could get someone to give you a deep tissue massage then you could really benefit from this. Many of us at Bigmickey.ie have been going to a guy in Moate in Co. Westmeath for exactly that over the last 5 years. I have sent over 200 Bigmickey customers to this guy and every single one of them got a result. two customers even cancelled back surgery. His name is Pat Costello and he is a genius as far as we are concerned here and only 45/50 euro for a full hour. Customers come from all over the country to him and even from UK. If it's aches and pains then definitely worth a visit. It's a totally different experience than a Chiropractor or Physiotherapist. If you want any further information, feel free to pm us.

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah.. here.. You've bugged the mattress!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:
    The last two days have been all about deep tissue massaging etc.. and where could I go. :D
    I wasn't sure what the rules are under lockdown, but guess it's the same as doctor/physio etc..

I'll definitely look him up thanks.. thumbsup.gif or easier. PM you for the details.

- I have the mattress less than a month. Not sure exactly how long. maybe approaching a month. I find it great by the way. Just some stiffness - growing pains :pac: I was told by nobody in the bed business that the sprung base should make a big difference, and whatever way they explained it to me, made sense.

Hi

The mattress itself is perfect. The label on the mattress is stamped "Seconds" and has a few cuts on it but overall the mattress is in a very good condition.

Thanks

Bigmickey

What do mean by cuts? Along the flat surface of it? Have you a photo? You could pm it to me
    Or anything else for around €350-€400?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

FAO BM ,I've an 18 year old 6' 3 "" stuck in a single bed, room is small so a double is out of the question, any suggestions ref a bed at least 6'7 in length and bigger than a single?
    ( Decent matress)
    Including delivery ,Cork area,
    Thanks

What do mean by cuts? Along the flat surface of it? Have you a photo? You could pm it to me
    Or anything else for around €350-€400?

The mattresses were red ink stamped "Seconds" due to a labelling issue. The mattresses were double bagged in the factory. To stamp them the cut through both bags with a blade of some description and in this case they cut in to the label. Send me your WhatsApp number or e mail address and I will send you a few images.

Will have plenty of other mattresses also.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

FAO BM ,I've an 18 year old 6' 3 "" stuck in a single bed, room is small so a double is out of the question, any suggestions ref a bed at least 6'7 in length and bigger than a single?
    ( Decent matress)
    Including delivery ,Cork area,
    Thanks

Hi corks finest

Any of the Irish Beds range can be made to size for you. You can have any size you want. It's only about 50 euro extra for a custom size.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Hi Everyone,

If anyone here is in any doubt, or waiting to pull the trigger to purchase from BigMickey - dont delay - just do it.

I have zero attachment / connection to the company, just a very happy customer.

While I have been a happy customer for a long time, due to the prices & quality of the goods, i had an issue with a recent purchase.

The customer service i received from Fiona & Mick was second to none - thank you.

In this day & age its unusual to get all three from one company - Price, Quality & customer service.

I Just felt i needed to comment here as Boards is where i discovered BigMickey - 11 years ago - wow

Hope your return trip from Donegal was senic last week Mick:D

tanka006 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

If anyone here is in any doubt, or waiting to pull the trigger to purchase from BigMickey - dont delay - just do it.

I have zero attachment / connection to the company, just a very happy customer.

While I have been a happy customer for a long time, due to the prices & quality of the goods, i had an issue with a recent purchase.

The customer service i received from Fiona & Mick was second to none - thank you.

In this day & age its unusual to get all three from one company - Price, Quality & customer service.

I Just felt i needed to comment here as Boards is where i discovered BigMickey - 11 years ago - wow

Hope your return trip from Donegal was senic last week Mick:D

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes got back safe and sound. The trip was scenic for sure. There were times it was like driving on a footpath the road was that narrow. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Akula

Got a bed mattress and headboard from BigMickey this weekend and got a mattress in Jan. Both exceptionally good value for money and great service. Thank you. Couldn't recommend more.

Akula wrote: »
    Got a bed mattress and headboard from BigMickey this weekend and got a mattress in Jan. Both exceptionally good value for money and great service. Thank you. Couldn't recommend more.

Great to hear. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

Hi there! Looking for a double bed matress for about the €150 mark. Do you do duvet and pillow sets also? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi corks finest

Any of the Irish Beds range can be made to size for you. You can have any size you want. It's only about 50 euro extra for a custom size.

Bigmickey

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hello,

I was looking at the various ottoman bed options a fews ago.
    though it looks like the price on the site has gone up in the past day or two?

Ignacius wrote: »
    Hi there! Looking for a double bed matress for about the €150 mark. Do you do duvet and pillow sets also? Cheers

Hi

We have an unbranded mattress in doube size for 135 euro. It's twin sized. We sell loads of them and no complaints. Have plenty of others also above the 135 euro bracket. We have some duvet sets but stock is lower than usual due to Brexit mostly

Bigmickey

Fnz wrote: »
    Hello,

I was looking at the various ottoman bed options a fews ago.
    though it looks like the price on the site has gone up in the past day or two?

Hi

We were hit with price increases late in 2020 but held our prices. We were hit with further price increases since Brexit. I am not sure what price increases took place in recent days as I know many of them were implemented in January. The cost of shipping a container from Asia has gone up from 3000 euro to 12000 euro in the last 12 months so all manufacturers/suppliers have got hit and passed down the line.

If you e mail info@bigmickey.ie with your order then we can have a look at it for you

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Hi

What options do you have on toddler beds? Ideally with a side support that could eventually be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clayfarm1234

Hi BigMickey !

I am located in Blackrock, Dublin - is there a way I can look at some Ottoman Beds before I buy them? The ones which interest us are below ->

https://dublinbeds.ie/product/kansas-oak-double-ottoman-bed-frame-4/
    https://dublinbeds.ie/product/birlea-double-phoenix-oak-ottoman-bed-frame/

Brego888 wrote: »
    Hi

What options do you have on toddler beds? Ideally with a side support that could eventually be removed.

We stock the divan type and you can also get these made in any size and height that you want. In the past some of our customers get them with a screw in leg so as the child gets older, you can raise the height of the bed by changing the leg and avoid having to buy a whole new bed. As regards the side support, we don't currently stock any of them but any universal model will fit our beds.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Hi BigMickey !

I am located in Blackrock, Dublin - is there a way I can look at some Ottoman Beds before I buy them? The ones which interest us are below ->

https://dublinbeds.ie/product/kansas-oak-double-ottoman-bed-frame-4/
    https://dublinbeds.ie/product/birlea-double-phoenix-oak-ottoman-bed-frame/

Hi

We have a showroom in Longford. Its about an hour from Lucan, down M4/N4. The address is Bigmickey.ie, Minard, Sligo Rd, Longford N39XO28

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Looking for a double bed and mattress combo, delivery to mayo, swinford.. any offers,I'm off till Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

Hi. Looking for a high quality firm Ortho double Matress with delivery to Dublin 16. Thanks.

Advertisement