Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Hi guys

Looking for options for king size mattress. Its for our main bed, so dont mind investing in something that will last. Bed is an ikea standard king if that makes any difference to size (shouldnt I think?)

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

zefer wrote: »
    Hi guys

Looking for options for king size mattress. Its for our main bed, so dont mind investing in something that will last. Bed is an ikea standard king if that makes any difference to size (shouldnt I think?)

Thanks

Hi zefer

Beds are made by different manufacturers in both metric and imperial sizes. King is 150cm X 200cm or 5ft X 6ft 6in. We have a large selection. Do you prefer soft, medium or firm ?

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Outstanding customer service and delivery.
    Not to mention the quality mattress and price!
    Highly recommend, definitely will be using again,
    and I’ll be spreading the word.

Cheers Mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Looking for a 6 foot zip and link mattress. Preferably premium with natural materials. Medium firm. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

@BigMickey looking for a superking medium firmness (frame and mattress) only issue I have is an 8ft space total for the length to fit in so the less the frame footprint the better

• Advertisement

davehey79 wrote: »
    @BigMickey looking for a superking medium firmness (frame and mattress) only issue I have is an 8ft space total for the length to fit in so the less the frame footprint the better

Would a divan work for you ? It only takes up 6ft 6inch in length .

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Mickey,
    Looking for a 5ft divan ottoman (neutral colour, beige or grey) and decent quality mattress for a kid. Good memory foam maybe

Blowheads wrote: »
    Mickey,
    Looking for a 5ft divan ottoman (neutral colour, beige or grey) and decent quality mattress for a kid. Good memory foam maybe

Plenty of king ottoman's in stock but no matching headboards at the moment. Can order anything in when we start back on January 4th. Mattresses in stock. Did you want to call to us to try ?

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I need a new mattress.

It's 4.5 years old atm, soft and has two problems.

One or two springs digging but, more annoyingly, a kind of squeak when I roll over that I can't isolate.

Anyone got recs? I constantly have sore shoulder/back from sleeping on side so wonder.if firm/soft better.

Would a divan work for you ? It only takes up 6ft 6inch in length .

Bigmickey.ie

Divan could work depends on pricing?
    Anything with a frame that fits the dimensions ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

Hi,

Looking for a double wooden frame and mattress - what kind of options do you have?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

hi bigmickey,
    first off happy new year to you and all your staff, i was wondering if you ever have any high sleeper units for a childs room something like the attached link below

https://www.mattressmick.ie/products/pegasus-high-sleeper-bunk-bed?variant=24225535950929

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hi there,

What is your highest mattress?

I want to match it with a high divan bed frame so I can fall out of bed onto my feet. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭listermint

py2006 wrote: »
    Hi there,

What is your highest mattress?

I want to match it with a high divan bed frame so I can fall out of bed onto my feet. :-)

Weirdly enough I was just about to ask this

Looking at changing the bed and base. And had a high base and mattress on old apartment and loved it. Mattress was some Sealy model not sure which. But would like to see what's available that would do as above.

Hoping to see out the window view to the see from the bed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

listermint wrote: »
    Weirdly enough I was just about to ask this

Looking at changing the bed and base. And had a high base and mattress on old apartment and loved it. Mattress was some Sealy model not sure which. But would like to see what's available that would do as above.

Hoping to see out the window view to the see from the bed. :)

Hah yea, I love high beds. I think the thickest mattress is about 30-33 centimetres that I have seen. Make sure when buying your bed sheet that it has the dimensions to fit over the bigger mattress.

Divan could work depends on pricing?
    Anything with a frame that fits the dimensions ??

Divan base will work out cheaper than frames. You will fit most frames in to an 8ft space. Give me a call on Monday and we can go through them.

Will do a good deal for a returning customer.

Regards

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Bigmickey, do you have any decent 4'6" mattress toppers in stock?

Divan base will work out cheaper than frames. You will fit most frames in to an 8ft space. Give me a call on Monday and we can go through them.

Will do a good deal for a returning customer.

Regards

Bigmickey

Will do buzz ya Monday cheers

Will do buzz ya Monday cheers

Been snowed under last couple days will give a buzz tomorrow

Only wrote: »
    Bigmickey, do you have any decent 4'6" mattress toppers in stock?

Hi

We don't have any in stock currently but have on order

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any word back on tall mattress and tall bed base ? Above.

listermint wrote: »
    Any word back on tall mattress and tall bed base ? Above.

Hi listermint

Most standard bases are 14 inch high but we can get made higher if you want. Got one 18 inch high for a customer just before Christmas. What height and size are you hoping for ?

Bigmixkey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

hi bigmickey,
    first off happy new year to you and all your staff, i was wondering if you ever have any high sleeper units for a childs room something like the attached link below

https://www.mattressmick.ie/products...24225535950929

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    hi bigmickey,

https://www.mattressmick.ie/products...24225535950929

Hi again

That link does not work. Did you look on www.bigmickey.ie

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Akula

Just wanted to add my endorsement. Absolutely super value for money on the bed and service. Amazing mattress for probably half the price of comparable ones elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am back looking at beds.. x 4 (3 double - king size and 1 kids single) - A few that seem to be most repeated through the thread (without reading every post) are the Hilton 3000, the Vogue Ortho, and the (respa?) diamond 2000 from bigmickey.ie
    Missed the Hilton before the price hike (also unsure about memory foam), the Vogue seems a bit too firm and the Diamond 2000 says "These non turn designed mattresses" but on some sites it says they are turnable... :confused:
    Also looking at the Elite 3500 Mattress, the Jubilee mattress and the Ashford or cagliari and went off completely into a spirally rabbit hole. I started to smell hotel rooms in Spain/Italy etc.. :D I was aiming for Hilton original price to see what's available (assuming it is similar type bed as price).

Time for my own old bed..

Any recommendations gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi Bigmickey. Do you stock the dormeo aloevera delux memory foam mattress in double size?

Suckit wrote: »
    I am back looking at beds.. x 4 (3 double - king size and 1 kids single) - A few that seem to be most repeated through the thread (without reading every post) are the Hilton 3000, the Vogue Ortho, and the (respa?) diamond 2000 from bigmickey.ie
    Missed the Hilton before the price hike (also unsure about memory foam), the Vogue seems a bit too firm and the Diamond 2000 says "These non turn designed mattresses" but on some sites it says they are turnable... :confused:
    Also looking at the Elite 3500 Mattress, the Jubilee mattress and the Ashford or cagliari and went off completely into a spirally rabbit hole. I started to smell hotel rooms in Spain/Italy etc.. :D I was aiming for Hilton original price to see what's available (assuming it is similar type bed as price).

Time for my own old bed..

Any recommendations gratefully appreciated.

HI

We have some stock of Hilton 3000, Diamond 2000 and Vogue Ortho. None of these are made by Respa. We don't stock any Respa anymore. All of the above 3 models are turnable. The Hilton is a memory side on one side and orthopedic on the other side. Hilton 3000, Vogue Ortho and Diamond 2000 are our three biggest sellers.

"Also looking at the Elite 3500 Mattress, the Jubilee mattress and the Ashford or cagliari " We don't stock these or have any information on them either,

With BREXIT and all the customs clearance procedures causing havoc these days, no doubt there will be further price increases across the board. Many suppliers have stopped sending products to Ireland from UK. Most suppliers have increased their prices due to the cost of shipping containers from abroad (gone up from 4000 euro to 12000 euro since this time last year) Brexit is going to add further price increases as haulage companies can be held up for days at the port and at a cost of 50 euro per hour. Customs clearance running in to hundreds of euros per load and that is without any extra duties on the items themselves. When retailers have sold any "old stock" that they had in stock before January 1st I can see everything going up so buy whatever you need sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey. Do you stock the dormeo aloevera delux memory foam mattress in double size?

Hi

We got a mixed load of Dormeo late last year but all the doubles are long sold. Anything else to suit you ?

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Northern lassie

In the market for a double bed and mattress. Budget about 700 for both ... any good deals on double frames at the moment or what are the ones you would recommend?

Looking at something like a Chloe wooden bed frame but not stuck on that one ... is there any similar frame that you would recommend?

Bought a mattress from you last year and very happy with quality.

Thanks

Advertisement