Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

These can take a European size mattresses but you can put a standard size mattress in them also.

European size 140cm X 200cm

Standard size 135cm X 190cm

There is quite a lot of assembly on these and not for the amateur assembler. It takes our guy and a helper who is used to them close to 3 hours. It took him 6 hours the first time he done one. I will check in the morning if there is anything that I can do a special on. We have them both on display in our showroom in Longford if you wish to view in advance of purchase.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Thanks I'll be passing Friday if you are open? Think I'd need a vertical mounted one due to room size

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Thanks I'll be passing Friday if you are open? Think I'd need a vertical mounted one due to room size

I will be around but some of the staff are off. I won't be too far away. You can call me on 086 8356888 if you are calling to view.

Thanks
    Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

Bought the John Lewis mattress and the Laura Ashley king size bed. installed over the weekend. Have to say great quality. Was a little weary about ordering a bed i'd never seen online but no complaints. good value vs the chain stores and big mikey will answer any questions you have and then some:D Will be first port of call for next couch or bed purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi there

I can take E800 from you but you can spend less if you like and still get a very good mattress. What time frame have you on this ?

Thanks for the quick reply Mick, we'll be painting the bedroom this weekend so not immediate, just happened upon this thread and we had been talking about a new mattress seeing as we were doing up the bedroom so thought I'd ask.
    I'm a firm believer on getting a very good mattress seeing as we spend so much time there.
    Don't want one you have to turn every 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wertyu12

Hi Mick, I suffer with lower back pain at the best of times. Looking to purchase a new matteress Quee size I think can you give me any recommendations that you'd have in stock? Thanks

• Advertisement

wertyu12 wrote: »
    Hi Mick, I suffer with lower back pain at the best of times. Looking to purchase a new matteress Quee size I think can you give me any recommendations that you'd have in stock? Thanks
    Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply Mick, we'll be painting the bedroom this weekend so not immediate, just happened upon this thread and we had been talking about a new mattress seeing as we were doing up the bedroom so thought I'd ask.
    I'm a firm believer on getting a very good mattress seeing as we spend so much time there.
    Don't want one you have to turn every 6 months.

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung ones that we are selling for €499 are really good value. They are made in Leeds in the UK in the Harrison Beds factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Hi Big Mickey Looking for a 3ft wide Mattress for my son has back issues too anything you recommend and do u take the old mattress cheers

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey Looking for a 3ft wide Mattress for my son has back issues too anything you recommend and do u take the old mattress cheers

Yes. We take away the old ones. We have everything in stock from E65 upwards. It’s down to budget really how good of a mattress that you get.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

The John Lewis 5000 pocket sprung ones that we are selling for €499 are really good value. They are made in Leeds in the UK in the Harrison Beds factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

Thanks

Bigmickey

Do you stock them in kingsize?

curranbaz wrote: »
    Do you stock them in kingsize?

Yes. In stock for €499 with free delivery.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

Hi Mickey

Interested in this bed frame (without mattress) in king size, https://bigmickey.ie/product/miami-storage-bed-frame/ . Can you tell me the total length (incl headboard), also is it available to view in your showroom and last but not least what is the order time on them.

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Do you have any of the john lewis/harrison single mattress in stock

noclee wrote: »
    Do you have any of the john lewis/harrison single mattress in stock

Hi noclee

We had in the John Lewis ones in single but all gone now. I can check next Tuesday if any more available but I don't think so. Might have something in a Harrison own label.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi MM3

WE had on display until a couple of weeks ago but that model was sold to someone on boards in our on line auction and we have not had a space on the shop floor to replace it since. As far as I know it is available in kingsize.

King is

Width 162cm

Length 216cm

Height 114cm

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi MM3

WE had on display until a couple of weeks ago but that model was sold to someone on boards in our on line auction and we have not had a space on the shop floor to replace it since. As far as I know it is available in kingsize.

King is

Width 162cm

Length 216cm

Height 114cm

Thanks

Bigmickey
    Thanks for the quick response.

Is there anything on display with a similar fabric? BTW what is the lead time on those?

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Hi Bigmickey,
    Would you have any mattress that is similar to 1600 pocketspring firmness?
    I am looking for a mattress that is firm to very firm and with pocketspring.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

What 4ft foot double mattress do you have?.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Tks what price on single harrison and are they firm. Send on the name of the model you have in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Anyone recommend good decent prices pillows? Fussy bugger on pillows and like then relatively firm.....but it's hard to find the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Yes. We take away the old ones. We have everything in stock from E65 upwards. It’s down to budget really how good of a mattress that you get.

Thanks

Bigmickey

well id like a really good one back does be at me

• Advertisement

Hi Bigmickey,
    Would you have any mattress that is similar to 1600 pocketspring firmness?
    I am looking for a mattress that is firm to very firm and with pocketspring.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to call to us ? Where are you based ? We also have a mobile display operating in the Dublin area.

We have a Mayfair Jade 1500 pocket with natural latex on both sides (turnable). It's quite firm. A local Chiropractor in Longford has this one and is very happy with it. We would have plenty of others also.

Thanks

Bigmickey

What 4ft foot double mattress do you have?.

Thanks

We have over 200 x 4ft mattresses in stock. We have everything from E79 up to about E599

We have open coil. pocket sprung, memoey, latex and so on

Thanks

Bigmickey

Anyone recommend good decent prices pillows? Fussy bugger on pillows and like then relatively firm.....but it's hard to find the right one.

Hi maynooth_rules

A pillow can be as important as a mattress for some people. Currently we just have regular type pillows in stock but we had some Dunlipillo ones before Christmas and they were amazing. Trying to get some more or similar. Will pm you in we get them.

Thanks

Bigmickey

torrevieja wrote: »
    well id like a really good one back does be at me

Hi again

Give me a shout when you are ready and I can go through the different single mattresses that we have. We have some brand new high quality new samples that we are selling off at a big discount. These are where the manufacturers bring out a new model and they send us a single size as a sample for our comments. Have some of these.

Thanks

Bigmickey

MM3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response.

Is there anything on display with a similar fabric? BTW what is the lead time on those?

Thanks

M

We have sample books in the shop that you can have a look at. Lead time on these beds are generally only a few days.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    Just want to thank you and your daughter for the great service. Dropped in Thursday, got a great bargain and delivered yesterday evening and slept like a log last night, cheers
    Arthlone

Connrang wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just want to thank you and your daughter for the great service. Dropped in Thursday, got a great bargain and delivered yesterday evening and slept like a log last night, cheers
    Arthlone

Hi Connrang

Glad to hear you hit it right the first night as it can take 10 to 14 nights to get used to a new bed in some cases.

Thanks for the business.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Hi. Did you have a sister company in Dublin for just need?
    Forget name. Your shop a bit far for me to travel and want to discuss and test beds etc. After two single divans and o e double mattress please

Sasso wrote: »
    Hi. Did you have a sister company in Dublin for just need?
    Forget name. Your shop a bit far for me to travel and want to discuss and test beds etc. After two single divans and o e double mattress please

Hi there

Yes. www.dublinbeds.ie. It's an on line store with a mobile display vehicle. You can call Fiona on 086 8489850 or 01 8558648. How much of a rush are you in ? Dublin beds will be at the Ideal Home Show in the RDS 20th to 22nd April if you want to go there and have a look. If you pm me your address I can send you a free pass for any day of the show for 2 people.

AS regards our shop in Longford, most people can do it from Lucan in an hour or so. 70% of our sales are to Dublin and most of those customers will make the trip to Longford to visit us.

Thanks

Mick

• Advertisement

We have sample books in the shop that you can have a look at. Lead time on these beds are generally only a few days.

Bigmickey

That’s great, might be passing tomorrow, is the shop open?

Thanks

M

Advertisement