Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

placed my order today, looking forward to delivery approx the end of next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭wonderwall900

Looking for a great single mattress for a dodgy back. I've been staying in some high end hotels with work over the past 6 months and they have made me realise that my own mattress is - well - a bit shíte! ;)

Have you anything that fits this description? So I'd be looking for a firm one and I'm presuming most nice hotels use pocket sprung ones these days so I think I was lying on that type most of the time

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Looking for a great single mattress for a dodgy back. I've been staying in some high end hotels with work over the past 6 months and they have made me realise that my own mattress is - well - a bit shíte! ;)

Have you anything that fits this description? So I'd be looking for a firm one and I'm presuming most nice hotels use pocket sprung ones these days so I think I was lying on that type most of the time

Hi wonderwall900

We have quite a few in stock. We will have many different pocket sprung ones and we will have a couple of really firm ones without springs. Where do you live ? Can you call to us ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi wonderwall900

We have quite a few in stock. We will have many different pocket sprung ones and we will have a couple of really firm ones without springs. Where do you live ? Can you call to us ?

Thanks

Bigmickey

Hi

Dublin based

Have you a showroom here yet?

PS

How are you beating other prices online by upto 200 euros? Are all the mattresses 100% new?

I ask because there is a company in Dublin who notoriously re-sell the old mattresses they take off customers as new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

That's an insulting question..

That's an insulting question..

No, he is quite right to ask. There are loads of guys selling old recovered mattresses. We were on Joe Duffy last year talking about this terrible practice and you would not know what you have bought until you sleep on it. I have a video from the NBF (National Bed Federation ) in UK. I will dig it out and post it. Last week we were leaving in a load of old mattresses to a recycling centre and at the same time a company we know that sells off Facebook and Done Deal were taking out a load of old mattresses , springs and fillings so the recycling centre were getting paid on the double. We won't be going to that one again in a hurry.

Bigmickey

PS

How are you beating other prices online by upto 200 euros? Are all the mattresses 100% new?

I ask because there is a company in Dublin who notoriously re-sell the old mattresses they take off customers as new

Hi

We sell mostly brand new but we will have some new transport marked, clearance lines and ex display. We can beat most of the Dublin stores by more that 200 euro on most models. You can go back on boards.ie up to 9 years and you will find positive postings about us. We are just an hour from Lucan and about 70 per cent of our sales are to Dublin. Delivery is free and quick.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

not sure how to describe this but have a bed inside a window and need a low level headboard for a double divan bed. something about 50-80 cm above the back of the bed basically just to stop a pillow falling.

is this something you supply?

eoinf wrote: »
    not sure how to describe this but have a bed inside a window and need a low level headboard for a double divan bed. something about 50-80 cm above the back of the bed basically just to stop a pillow falling.

is this something you supply?

Hi eoinf,

Yes we do a wide range of custom made headboards in custom sizes so you can get it made to whatever design and size you like. Feel free to pm us your requirements (sizes, design and colour).

Regards

Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Hi BM,

I am thinking of getting the John Lewis based on feedback in the thread.

I already have purchased a mattress & divan from your shop across the road a few years back and am very happy with it.

I already have a divan for the mattress which i want to replace the john lewis mattress with but it isn't in great nick.

What kind of divans have you got (with and without storage) and what kind of prices are they?

TIA

Hi

We will have many bases. Some big brands like Harrison (maker of the John Lewis mattress) Sealy, Silentnight. Our standard RAZ base is 199 euro. The Sealy and Silentnight are 249 euro. Harrison is 300 euro. Drawers are 25 euro extra per drawer. We also get custom made base. You can pick a colour and type of fabric and we can order in for you. You can also supply your own fabric once it's suitable.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Hi, which mattress exactly from John Lewis everybody is raving about here? I'm looking for firm, pocket spring, small double mattress.

j@utis wrote: »
    Hi, which mattress exactly from John Lewis everybody is raving about here? I'm looking for firm, pocket spring, small double mattress.

They are made by Harrison Spinks for John Lewis. In the 4ft I think we have some 4000 pocket sprung left. They are all medium tension as far as I know.

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Thanks for your reply. Medium will be soft for us (just read some reviews online on it). What else do you have in small double size, firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks for your reply. Medium will be soft for us (just read some reviews online on it). What else do you have in small double size, firm?

I had a firm Respa back care before the John Lewis and two months after buying it I'd still consider this one just as firm even though it's marked medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

Caranica wrote: »
    I had a firm Respa back care before the John Lewis and two months after buying it I'd still consider this one just as firm even though it's marked medium.

this is reason that why BM dont supply - Respa :D:D

We have so many different ones and all in stock. We get customers that spend many hours reading reviews and think they have their mind made up based on those reviews but when they eventually call to our shop and try out the different ones, they end up buying something totally different than planned.

We have mattresses as hard as the floor and as soft as cotton wool and loads in between.
    Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi all,

Enquired about the John Lewis mattress with bigmickey. They offered to drive the mattress to my address in Dublin, to try it out with my partner, with absolutely no obligation to buy. They could not have been more helpful.

We decided to go with the mattress, as it felt very comfy.

Really was a fantastic service.

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Enquired about the John Lewis mattress with bigmickey. They offered to drive the mattress to my address in Dublin, to try it out with my partner, with absolutely no obligation to buy. They could not have been more helpful.

We decided to go with the mattress, as it felt very comfy.

Really was a fantastic service.

Hi chases0102

Glad you were happy with the service. We will do this where possible for customers but it's always better to call to our shop if you can as there is a big range of mattresses to try out. Great to hear it worked out for you. Sleep well.

Thanks for the business

Bigmickey.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Hi Mick,

I bought a John Lewis mattress from you last year, super mattress, very happy with it.

Do you have that mattress for a 4 ft double bed? I'm looking to replace the mattress in my daughter's bedroom.

Neames

Neames wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

I bought a John Lewis mattress from you last year, super mattress, very happy with it.

Do you have that mattress for a 4 ft double bed? I'm looking to replace the mattress in my daughter's bedroom.

Neames

Hi Neames

We have the John Lewis ones in 4ft in a 4000 pocket and the bigger sizes are 5000 pocket.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Thanks Mick,

Can you tell me the price for the 4ft John Lewis please and the phone number for me to place the order.

Regards

Neames

Neames wrote: »
    Thanks Mick,

Can you tell me the price for the 4ft John Lewis please and the phone number for me to place the order.

Regards

Neames

Hi Neames,

You can call us on

043 3345488

086 8356888

We are selling all models and sizes at the same price of €499. Give a call when ready and we will chat you then about it

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

anyone know what the exact reason for the john Lewis mattresses being stamped as seconds? I sent big mickey a message and he said its for contract reasons and to call if i had any other questions but i dont want to seem like an idiot if i ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hey big mickey..

looking for a single bed for my little lad.... any good deals at the moment... need matress, divan and headboard..
    what mattresses do people recommend?

Conchurl wrote: »
    anyone know what the exact reason for the john Lewis mattresses being stamped as seconds? I sent big mickey a message and he said its for contract reasons and to call if i had any other questions but i dont want to seem like an idiot if i ring.

John Lewis plc would be well impressed to find us selling their product for half the price that John Lewis themselves are selling it for. The reason for the "Seconds" stamp is that it gives the manufacturer an "out" should John Lewis decide to raise it with them. As you will have seen, your mattress was brand new and unopened. We are informed that the manufacturer made a slight mistake with the print on the label and John Lewis returned all 2500 mattresses. As they are such a large company (John Lewis) they could not be seen to misrepresent anything to their customers for fear of a back lash. In the beginning the manufacturer removed the labels completely. This was a very slow procedure and damaged and devalued the product as the labels are stitched on (see video below) before the top cloth is fixed to the mattress and you could see the holes from the stitching. They then decided to stamp them "Seconds" and "Clearance". This then gives them an "out" if John Lewis gets on to them about the likes of us selling them at a very low price compared to John Lewis shops.

This is nothing new. Most of the bed companies do this. Some remove the labels completely. Some stamp them as "Seconds" and some as "Clearance". If anyone is concerned about these stamps on the labels then by all means go to John Lewis direct and pay double the price for the same product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

Hope this helps.

Bigmickey

jobless wrote: »
    hey big mickey..

looking for a single bed for my little lad.... any good deals at the moment... need matress, divan and headboard..
    what mattresses do people recommend?

Hi Jobless

We have a base with headboard and a 9 inch turnable mattress for €299 or €199 without the headboard.
    Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

John Lewis plc would be well impressed to find us selling their product for half the price that John Lewis themselves are selling it for. The reason for the "Seconds" stamp is that it gives the manufacturer an "out" should John Lewis decide to raise it with them. As you will have seen, your mattress was brand new and unopened. We are informed that the manufacturer made a slight mistake with the print on the label and John Lewis returned all 2500 mattresses. As they are such a large company (John Lewis) they could not be seen to misrepresent anything to their customers for fear of a back lash. In the beginning the manufacturer removed the labels completely. This was a very slow procedure and damaged and devalued the product as the labels are stitched on (see video below) before the top cloth is fixed to the mattress and you could see the holes from the stitching. They then decided to stamp them "Seconds" and "Clearance". This then gives them an "out" if John Lewis gets on to them about the likes of us selling them at a very low price compared to John Lewis shops.

This is nothing new. Most of the bed companies do this. Some remove the labels completely. Some stamp them as "Seconds" and some as "Clearance". If anyone is concerned about these stamps on the labels then by all means go to John Lewis direct and pay double the price for the same product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3CMfp-tA0

Hope this helps.

Bigmickey

thanks for the quick reply i was thinking it would be something like that but wasnt sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Hi Jobless

We have a base with headboard and a 9 inch turnable mattress for €299 or €199 without the headboard.
    Thanks

Bigmickey

thanks, is it on the website that i can look at?

Advertisement