Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mob hacks off rapist's genitals with meat cleaver after dragging him into butchers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

We have laws and rules to make us a civilised society but they are not working. We repeatedly see the system letting out rapists and murderers on a "technicality" only for them to commit more crimes. The criminal justice system does not work so it is no wonder that people will celebrate mob justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

tritium wrote: »
    Oh you're obviously familiar with the case, do give us some additional details?
    Read my post again
    Note the use of words may and probably
    I was merely speculating
    Its ok to speculate on an irish forum about an incident in india
    I'm not going to prejudice any future court case there.

Very eloquent expression of my own thoughts on this. If you beat and castrate someone, you are not much better than them
    Very eloquent ?

It looks pretty standard use of language if you ask me

And theres no need to use the third person plural them
    Its definitely a man so just use him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭tritium

lanos wrote: »
    Read my post again
    Note the use of words may and probably
    I was merely speculating
    Its ok to speculate on an irish forum about an incident in india
    I'm not going to prejudice any future court case there.

By speculate you mean make sh1t up to justify mob rule and barbarism? Because you no more know that he was guilty of all this than that he wasn't right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

By speculate you mean make sh1t up to justify mob rule and barbarism? Because you no more know that he was guilty of all this than that he wasn't right?

Well you know no better then whats said and he was called a "rapist" so clearly he could have done it before as he did not in this case. start to connect the dots instead of thinking your clever.

• Advertisement

declan2693 wrote: »
    Well you know no better then whats said and he was called a "rapist" so clearly he could have done it before as he did not in this case. start to connect the dots instead of thinking your clever.

Being called a rapist by a tabloid isn't exactly proof beyond reasonable doubt now is it? Don't you think that if they had evidence of previous trials or convictions that they might gleefully publish it.

I try to follow a fairly simple rule you see. If I have evidence to judge someone character I'll use it. Failing that I'll at very least give them the benefit of doubt and not assume the worst. In this case no evidence has been presented that he had any previous convictions or had been acquitted before, only the sensationalist language of a tabloid. Therefore I won't presume that to be the case. That saves me from the worst "no smoke without fire" stuff so beloved by many people.

See, simple isn't it?

no, I really do mean speculate

it would be quite unusual for a bunch of villagers in India to suddenly go
    insane and abduct a stranger off the street to commit appalling
    acts of depravity on an innocent man.

I simply speculated that this man is a known serial offender and the villagers simply had enough of him.

which scenario is more likely ?

and this is not a court of law.
    I am not here to acquit or convict.
    I can speculate if I wish.

come off your liberal high horse
    I believe in harsh justice, you don't, big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Packrat

Before you start telling us its OK because India doesn't deal effectively with rapists you should read the link I copied earlier from tGC. Here it is again

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-53-rape-cases-filed-between-april-2013-and-july-2013-false-delhi-commission-of-women-2023334

Now if the report is even remotely true, are you still OK with mob justice?

Ive read the link. What has that got to do with how the state punishes rapists? Nothing.

Do you presume to know more about this man's guilt or innocence than his neighbours who have lived with him in his village ?

You and your ilk are becoming tedious the way you jump all over each and every thread to defend the indefensible. Thankfully most of you never get any actual power in the real world.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

come off your liberal high horse
    I believe in harsh justice, you don't, big deal.

I'll just leave these here shall I?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/vigilante-mob-attacks-home-of-paediatrician-710864.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2479078/Chief-constable-admits-officers-failed-innocent-man-burned-death-vigilante-mob-wrongly-accused-paedophile.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4062335

Vigilantie justice isnt harsh justice, its not justice in any sense of the word

Lol on calling me a liberal though. Its been a long time since anyone felt that suited me

Packrat wrote: »
    Ive read the link. What has that got to do with how the state punishes rapists? Nothing.

Do you presume to know more about this man's guilt or innocence than his neighbours who have lived with him in his village ?

You and your ilk are becoming tedious the way you jump all over each and every thread to defend the indefensible. Thankfully most of you never get any actual power in the real world.

Ah yes, I suppose you represent the indignant silent majority. Strangely there seems to be no appetite in the corridors of power for your brand of thug justice. Makes you wonder which of our views actually doesnt get into power.....

(Nice to see you don't have an issue with the possibility of vigiliante victims being innocent tbough)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I love the way not agreeing with someone's penis being hacked off = "liberal", and is a bad thing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I simply speculated that this man is a known serial offender and the villagers simply had enough of him.

It's a city of over three hundred thousand and in a district of two million.

I simply speculated that this man is a known serial offender and the villagers simply had enough of him..
    kneemos wrote: »
    It's a city of over three hundred thousand and in a district of two million.

probably qualifies as a village in India :D

regardless of geographical properties/size
    I am speculating that the offender was known to the vigilantes

god spare me from pedants

I love the way not agreeing with someone's penis being hacked off = "liberal", and is a bad thing. :pac:

actually I only had an issue with the posters that criticized the mob because
    the alleged rapist only pinned a girl against the wall.

The liberal will only act when the culprit is caught red handed
    and probably blame a troubled upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

probably qualifies as a village in India :D

regardless of geographical properties/size
    I am speculating that the offender was known to the vigilantes

god spare me from pedants

You also speculated that he was a serial offender.
    That's a whole lot of speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭berrygood

GerB40 wrote: »
    Fúck him. If somebody raped anyone I loved I wouldn't care what happened him. I just wouldn't have the guts to do what they did...

You think it requires guts? It's not guts. It's pathetic, primitive, mob mentality. Half of them couldn't care about "justice", they just want to dish out some violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

actually I only had an issue with the posters that criticized the mob because
    the alleged rapist only pinned a girl against the wall.

The liberal will only act when the culprit is caught red handed
    and probably blame a troubled upbringing.

Right, so the conservative, "tough on crime" approach is to hack off the mans genitals?

DeadHand wrote: »
    Right, so the conservative, "tough on crime" approach is to hack off the mans genitals?

Its too early to say. But if he is a repeat offender
    Then it is the correct approach.

Irish judges have a very lenient attitude to pervert sentencing.
    That same attitude seems prevalent here also.

So what if he's not a repeat offender? What if he's not even a rapist (and from the report while it may speculate as to his intent he doesn't appear to have raped anyone). Is it the correct approach then?

How do you propose a mob have the certainty of guilt to ensure they only maim the 'right' people?

After all I've posted several links earlier of vigilante gangs that clearly chose innocent victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

It's never the correct approach in any circumstances.

It's not about conservatism, liberalism or judicial leniancy. It's about fundamental decency, basic civilisation. Mutilation by mob has no place in any society, liberal or conservative, that claims to be civilised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Lots of 'hard men' on this thread who say they agree with genital chopping, (from behind their keyboards). How many would actually go through with it themselves? Zero would be my guess. That's right- when actually handed the knife and told "Chop away!", they would turn out to be just as 'liberal' as the rest of us!

Vomit wrote: »
    Lots of 'hard men' on this thread who say they agree with genital chopping, (from behind their keyboards). How many would actually go through with it themselves? Zero would be my guess. That's right- when actually handed the knife and told "Chop away!", they would turn out to be just as 'liberal' as the rest of us!

I already pondered this and I for one would.

Have a read of the description of the attack mentioned in the thread on our home grown specimen and then repost this bull rap there - if you dare.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

anncoates wrote: »
    No pity for the rapist but you get the feeling that the animal urges of the punished and the punishers in these cases are somewhat similar albeit that the latter opportunistically exploits a pseudo - moral premise.

Great post.

I already pondered this and I for one would.

Have a read of the description of the attack mentioned in the thread on our home grown specimen and then repost this bull rap there - if you dare.

Go and ACTUALLY chop some genitals off, if you dare. Go on.

Vomit wrote: »
    Go and ACTUALLY chop some genitals off, if you dare. Go on.

Now you're just getting weird. Sleep it off buddy.

Now you're just getting weird. Sleep it off buddy.

You see? All talk, just as I said before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

Not agreeing with a man's genitals being sliced off for attempted rape means being in favour of the stupidly lenient sentences that can get passed down here?
    There's a bit too much of a valley between the two for it to be only one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What is stupid lenient?

Examples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

Holsten wrote: »
    What is stupid lenient?

Examples?
    A sentence that seems far too short in proportion with the crime. Of course this is only opinion based and not legislation based, but people can express that opinion once they don't claim they're experts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement