Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mob hacks off rapist's genitals with meat cleaver after dragging him into butchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

the whole thing smells like bull$hit, he only has a few scratches despite being "beaten for an hour with sticks
    Before angry locals used a meat clever (sic lol) to castrate the 40-year-old
    "

give him back his mickey I say

Your missing the point also, do you think rape and theft are in the same league?
    The point that the OP made was that, would chopping someone’s hands off prevent them from stealing again! yes it would, does chopping off someone's dick stop them from raping, yes it does!

He makes no comment about them being in the same league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

BMJD wrote: »

give him back his mickey I say

He still has his mickey i imagine, its the rest thats gone. Its like a car with no petrol now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

He still has his mickey i imagine, its the rest thats gone.

you mean to tell me that there is a penis roaming around India missing the rest of the body? like a possessed dildo.

mind blown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Free willy...........you might say

• Advertisement

The point that the OP made was that, would chopping someone’s hands off prevent them from stealing again! yes it would, does chopping off someone's dick stop them from raping, yes it does!

He makes no comment about them being in the same league.

It was not the op that you are getting your opinions on, best leave that poster post his opinion on his thoughts unless you are a mind reader.

It was not the op that you are getting your opinions on, best leave that poster post his opinion on his thoughts unless you are a mind reader.
    You're not reading my mind. that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

This reminds me of a thing that was on Facebook following that horrific case on the bus in India a couple of years back:

It was an illustration of a row of poles and a few naked men with their hands tied to each pole and sitting on the ground, rats attacking their genitals, with the caption "This is what should be done to rapists". The thing was liked by thousands of people and anyone who commented that it was barbaric were of course shouted down with accusations of "You support rape" and similar tripe. One woman who commented that it was barbaric was met with "Maybe you should be raped so lol".

That's what this reminds me of - not totally sure all who attacked this man, reprehensible and all as he is, really cares that much for his potential victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

moxin wrote: »
    Not the same, castration removes the urge for sex crime. Thats a good thing.

Does it? Any links to back that up? Would cutting a gay man's penis off mean that he becomes asexual and never has any urges afterwards?

Stuff like that doesn't stem from the tool.. but from the person using it.

You're not reading my mind. that's for sure.

And you may not be reading the posters mind that you think is the op of this thread which is not.
    How more confusing do you want to make this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,454 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You do realize that testicles and male sexuality are inherently linked, right?

/edit - by the way, the link says 'castrated', which is the removal of the balls. The rest stays.

o1s1n wrote: »
    You do realize that testicles and male sexuality are inherently linked, right?

Gender maybe... not sexuality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Does it? Any links to back that up? Would cutting a gay man's penis off mean that he becomes asexual and never has any urges afterwards?

A non functioning sex organ can't interact with messages from the brain I'm guessing. They are linked.

Minjor wrote: »
    A non functioning sex organ can't interact with messages from the brain I'm guessing. They are linked.

It stops the gallop in bull calves anyway.

Minjor wrote: »

Linked enough to warrant the procedure? I don't think so

If it's shown to be effective then let's have a debate on how and why we should consider it. Cheering a bunch of plebs mutilating another person before even cops show up is kinda dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

moxin wrote: »
    By castrating him, he certainly will not do it again, guaranteed.

If you think rape is usually a sexually motivated crime, perhaps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

They shouldn't chop off his genitals in this way but it should be all govenments policy to punish rapists severely, just do it in a more humane way. Maybe render them useless by medical means. I don't think anyone can complain about this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

After finding the 40-year-old pinning the girl against a wall, a lynch mob dragged him to a butchers shop where they beat him with sticks for an hour before castrating him.

Pinning a girl against wall does not equate to rape or even attempted rape. Yes, the guy is likely a real asshole, but this punishment is far too aggressive for what is essentially a suspected attempt at a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pretty rough justice
    Its not justice at all. Its retribution. For an assault that may have led to rape, but did not.

I understood why the mob did what they did. But what the mob did was wrong. No question. Even if the punishment was considered an appropriate one in the jurisdiction, the accused has the right to offer a defence.

What if, and I'm of course speculating here, he hadn't intended rape? What if his wallet had been stolen and he rightly or wrongly attacked the girl believing her to be the thief? Does he deserve mutilation for that?

Punishment is meted out by cooler heads, after consideration, and after the fact when all information impacting on the potential severity of that punishment may be taken into account.

The wider question is a societal one for India. Why is sexual violence against women so widespread, why does the indian legal system seem happy not to deal with it, and why would the general populace feel it both necessary and appropriate to take matters into their own hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    Someone in tGC just posted the following link in another thread

http://www.dnaindia.co...ion-of-women-2023334

Seems strangely timely given the mob mentality were seeing supported by many posters on this thread.

Laziest link. Ever!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

endacl wrote: »
    Laziest link. Ever!

:pac:

Shhh blame the boards software, my copy and paste was impeccable :). (Fixed now)

Edit , - guess you'll just have to cut and paste yourselves until I can fix it :(

tritium wrote: »
    Shhh blame the boards software, my copy and paste was impeccable :). (Fixed now)

Error 404 this time!

:pac: :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

thats how you do it. I can guarantee sex crimes would lower if the threat was torture or death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Roquentin wrote: »
    thats how you do it. I can guarantee sex crimes would lower if the threat was torture or death
    No, no..........this is the way to do it..............the Irish way!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1010/651480-abuse-tullamore-court/

Because the death penalty really works as a deterrent, doesn't it?

What's the murder rate looking like in the US these days? Compare murder rates in Florida in the years since 1978. Florida was the first state to reintroduce state sanctioned killing after the Furman v. Georgia decision in 1972.

Quick question for you. I'm sure you'll have no trouble googling the answer. Have murder rates in Florida risen, fallen, or stayed the same since 1978? A quick search should show you how daft your comment is. In the light of facts and evidence.

;)

Because the death penalty really works as a deterrent, doesn't it?

What's the murder rate looking like in the US these days? Compare murder rates in Florida in the years since 1978. Florida was the first state to reintroduce state sanctioned killing after the Furman v. Georgia decision in 1972.

Quick question for you. I'm sure you'll have no trouble googling the answer. Have murder rates in Florida risen, fallen, or stayed the same since 1978? A quick search should show you how daft your comment is. In the light of facts and evidence.

;)

you do realize you are on a forum right

you do realize you are on a forum right

You have a point?

You have a point?

that being condescending and facetious on an internet forum, doesnt carry the same weight as in the real world, largely in part to the fact that we are anonymous. If i asked you to remember what a poster wrote one month ago, you will struggle. if i asked you to remember what a friend said face to face one month ago, you could probably remember this gist of the conversation(not word for word, but nobody can do that). I suppose the point is, that engaging in puerile point scoring replies on internet forums is utterly futile because

A) Nobody remembers anything that is posted (try yourself)
    B) Based on A. nobody gives cares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Huh? All Enda said was this isn't "guaranteed" to be a deterrent, and used the example of how the death penalty isn't a murder deterrent.
    Ok, his manner was condescending but what's points-scoring about what he said?
    And what on earth does this being a forum have to do with anything? Yeh it is a forum - so people will give their views.
    It being different to the real world or people not remembering it or people not caring (neither of the latter two are true by the way) - these don't change the relevance of what Enda has said.

:confused:

Advertisement