Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mob hacks off rapist's genitals with meat cleaver after dragging him into butchers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

It was too good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The police are acting as if they would do something about it if it was reported. I thought a major problem in India was that they rarely would leaving mob justice or no justice as the only options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Butchers have their own edging stones, the knife should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Good justice but you know your Western ahem Irish values, the heroes will be prosecuted by the Gardai/overpaid judges more than the rapist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I agree with the mob's sentiment but not with the genital hacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That pose in the last picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Finally some good news.

I don't know how people can applaud this. The man attempted a horrible crime. the crowd carried out another horrible crime. Raping is a bad thing, maiming isn't something to cheer on either.

Like Shakespears Sister, I understand the sentiment but I feel sick at the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

No pity for the rapist but you get the feeling that the animal urges of the punished and the punishers in these cases are somewhat similar albeit that the latter opportunistically exploits a pseudo - moral premise.

anncoates wrote: »
    No pity for the rapist but you get the feeling that the animal urges of the punished and the punishers in these cases are somehow similar except that the latter exploits a pseudo - moral premise.

Exactly. There's an appetite for brutality involved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Candie wrote: »
    I don't know how people can applaud this. The man attempted a horrible crime. the crowd carried out another horrible crime.

mob mentality

anncoates wrote: »
    No pity for the rapist but you get the feeling that the animal urges of the punished and the punishers in these cases are somewhat similar albeit that the latter opportunistically exploits a pseudo - moral premise.

The whole thing is just shifting from ignoring victims to brutalising those accused of victimisation.

The auld justice thing seems like an afterthought in any case.

I don't know how people can applaud this. The man attempted a horrible crime. the crowd carried out another horrible crime. Raping is a bad thing, maiming isn't something to cheer on either.

Like Shakespears Sister, I understand the sentiment but I feel sick at the action.

By castrating him, he certainly will not do it again, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

India tends to give favour towards the rapist if it's a man raping a woman so I can understand the group.
    However, castration or whatever is too far.
    But again, I understand completely why they did it. Hopefully it will lead to a legal system change there towards how crimes against women are seen

moxin wrote: »
    By castrating him, he certainly will not do it again, guaranteed.

Yeah.. in the same way that if you cut a thiefs hands off he'll no longer be able to steal

Yeah.. in the same way that if you cut a thiefs hands off he'll no longer be able to steal

You cannot be comparing rape and stealing like for like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Unless he's a clever dick.

Not the same, castration removes the urge for sex crime. Thats a good thing.

You cannot be comparing rape and stealing like for like.
    I think that he means that he won't be able to repeat the crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I won't be buying any sausages from that butchers any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

Good, should happen to all rapists.

I think that he means that he won't be able to repeat the crime!

Your missing the point also, do you think rape and theft are in the same league?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

What if the rapist was innocent and never raped anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pigmounter

Of course the actions of the rapist were despicable but that doesn't mean the mob should have took the law into their own hands. Nobody deserves that treatment no matter what theyve done.

Turtwig wrote: »

Ur not at the races at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Turtwig wrote: »
    I'm sure the manic mob will pay for the reattachment surgery and offer him many apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I think he should be sent to prison; I think hacking off his genitals is ****ing barbaric.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Fúck him. If somebody raped anyone I loved I wouldn't care what happened him. I just wouldn't have the guts to do what they did...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Nobody was raped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Suspected rapist?

Advertisement