Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sympathy for an old bigot ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Oh great. "Cos it's 2014 and we've moved on." Great. Really answered my question. Bravo.

It's my business if I want it to be, homosexuality is unnatural and I don't want my children growing up corrupted by this liberal propaganda.

Very curious now, if your child announced that he/she was gay. What would you do?
    How would you feel if people started saying how sordid it is what your child is doing, how unnatural it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Oh great. "Cos it's 2014 and we've moved on." Great. Really answered my question. Bravo.

It's my business if I want it to be, homosexuality is unnatural and I don't want my children growing up corrupted by this liberal propaganda.

You do realise you are doing the very same thing that you are complaining about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

It's liberal on their terms Wazky, anyone disagreeing with the liberal agenda must be silenced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

wazky wrote: »
    Way out of line to be honest, I'm mental because I don't agree with your incorrect viewpoint?, I cast doubt upon your own sanity.

You're mental because you've made an outlandish claim with zero backup, and are ignoring users who wish to look into your view more thoroughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

How exactly is homosexuality un-natural? How in any way would your children be affected? Do you think homosexuality was just invented by liberals to piss you off? What if your children are gay, what you going to do then?

• Advertisement

You do realise you are doing the very same thing that you are complaining about?

What, being homosexual? Don't think so.

Liberals are intolerant of me trying to be intolerant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

but we don't have those values at all.

we have an illusion of those values once a person fully subscribes to the liberal agenda.
    Anybody steps up and says "I don't agree" is shot down with accusations of what ever the offence-de jour is.

How dare those liberals not tolerate intolerance.

Just because they believe everybody has the right to equal dignity, respect and treatment, doesn't give them any right to be against inequality and discrimination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I fail to see why exactly it bothers you, in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Flibbles wrote: »
    You're mental because you've made an outlandish claim with zero backup, and are ignoring users who wish to look into your view more thoroughly.

I don't think you should be joking around about mental health in fairness, it's pretty sick to just throw out that's someone's "mental" all willy nilly like that.

• Advertisement

daithi84 wrote: »
    How exactly is homosexuality un-natural? How in any way would your children be affected? Do you think homosexuality was just invented by liberals to piss you off? What if your children are gay, what you going to do then?

There were far fewer homosexuals before it became the cool, new "in" thing to do as it has done in the past ten years. Put it this way; Would you be happy if the world decided it was okay to be a nazi? Didn't think so.

My children won't be gay because I won't poison their innocent minds with your liberal bullshít.

What, being homosexual? Don't think so.

No. Claiming people are not backing things up and propaganda while doing the very same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Your children are more likely to be corrupted by your narrow minded values than the gay guy down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I'm not saying that's a bad thing but say I was pro church, anti gay marriage, anti homosexuality, pro life there are fewer & fewer places where I can feel safe expressing my views.

It may not be feasible for me to join a right wing fundamentalist christian group & many of my age are not internet savvy.

In many instances these people are our relations, our parents, part of an older Ireland.
    Is there a sadness that their ways & beliefs have been completely eroded ?

Isn't one of the prophecies of Muhammad that a sign of the end of times will be when men imitate women and vice versa?

If you can throw around that being gay is sordid and unnatural then people have the same right to call you mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There were far fewer homosexuals before it became the cool, new "in" thing to do as it has done in the past ten years. Put it this way; Would you be happy if the world decided it was okay to be a nazi? Didn't think so.

My children won't be gay because I won't poison their innocent minds with your liberal bullshít.

AHHHHH HA HA HA He ACTUALLY thinks it's a choice, Seriously dude stop, my sides are hurting from laughing at these moronic posts.

No. Claiming people are not backing things up and propaganda while doing the very same.

I have explained my viewpoint, all I got from him was "it's this year and therefore we should all think in the same way".

AHHHHH HA HA HA He ACTUALLY thinks it's a choice, Seriously dude stop, my sides are hurting from laughing at these moronic posts.

It is a choice.

The cool thing to do? New?
    It's been around since the dawn of time you muppet.
    It was illegal to be gay if you remember and now it isn't.
    I'd honestly rather be gay than have a bigoted role model like you as a father.
    Do you think that a man or woman wakes up one day and thinks "you know what I'll be gay today". They don't choose to be gay just like we don't choose to be straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

This is all just a piss-take at this stage.

• Advertisement

Do you not think it has to do with the fact that homosexuals weren't able to be open in public due to conservative society and laws making it illegal!!! The only thing cool is that we have a more open and accepting society where people dont have to hide for fear of persecution.

What has nazi's got to do with gays? You are aware that nazi's murdered hundred of thousands of gay people.

I fear for your children with you as a parent.

It is a choice.

So did you choose one day you're straight? Or did it just come naturally that you like women?

I have explained my viewpoint, all I got from him was "it's this year and therefore we should all think in the same way".

Where did you prove it was unnatural? You don't seem to care about natural things when it suits you.

It is a choice.

When did you decide to be straight?? Is there a form you fill out? Idiot

Remember when Wanky said he had other accounts.... just saying ;)

bear1 wrote: »
    So did you choose one day you're straight? Or did it just come naturally that you like women?

No, because being straight is the natural orientation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

It is a choice.

I used think like that too, until my brother-in-law told me he was gay. Wasn't my fault, had just been conditioned that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If someone has sexual urges for someone, it's natural. The gender is irrelevant.

bear1 wrote: »
    Remember when Wanky said he had other accounts.... just saying ;)

I am not Wazky, I rarely post in the same threads as him.

• Advertisement

I used think like that too, until my brother-in-law told me he was gay. Wasn't my fault, had just been conditioned that way.

Like he was conditioned to be gay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement