Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014-2015

Options
  • 05-10-2014 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

A new season is upon us. Thoughts and rants in here. As a Ranger, I cannot wait for the fun to commence. Really looking forward to the season ahead after our exploits last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Looking forward to the season ahead as well, and see how some of the new players fit in at Pittsburgh.
    Different looking D from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

really looking forward to this year for some reason...

cant see the west being much different, LA and blackhawks (but anahiem and San Jose might do something this year, the rest are all alsorans imo)

cant really predict the east at all... not even going to hazard a guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As a Leaf I have already gone through the 5 steps and it's only have the first 40min of hockey this season:

1. Denial and Isolation
    This is our year. Surely. One year it will be our year... but this HAS to be it! I'll just watch this here game online on my own.

2. Anger
    **** you Max Pacioretty. **** you Montreal!

3. Bargaining
    Please let Price get injured in this game and play a stormer in every other.

4. Depression
    Eugh. 2-2. Another lead let slip. What's the point in carrying on with this illusion.

5. Acceptance.
    Sure. What harm. We've been here before. We'll be here again. 2015/2016 is our year.

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    really looking forward to this year for some reason...

cant see the west being much different, LA and blackhawks (but anahiem and San Jose might do something this year, the rest are all alsorans imo)

cant really predict the east at all... not even going to hazard a guess!

Heard to see anyone outside of the Western Conference doing anything I'd also throw the Avs into your list as well.

I would LOVE San Jose to do something this year. I have a huge horn for Tommy Hertl. Cracking player.

I was living in Canada for the playoffs and The Sharks and Tampa Bay quickly became my second teams.

Only TB, NYR(jammily), 'Canes and Boston for me in the East. But again, absolutely moot considering the mental strength of the Western teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Go Jets Go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Nice win for the hawks last night, always nice to get the season started with a win. Sitting in the airport now heading off to Chicago for a few games. Definitely have tickets for the Nashville game next Saturday and still working on getting some for the Calgary and Philly games. Can't get any for the home opener tomorrow for love nor money so will have to make do with watching it in a bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Good win for the Rangers last night to kick off the season. Jackets up next on Saturday.

The Sharks were absolutely brilliant against the Kings. For me the team to beat.

The Sharks were absolutely brilliant against the Kings. For me the team to beat.

Big call there. I'll hold you to that. One game gone in the season. :D The Pens were brilliant at times last night in front of the goal, particularly in the first period but the 'D' looked shaky. I always watch them with interest as I consider them to be the yardstick in the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Hopefully Sabres will do better this year!

This goal was nice.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    Hopefully Sabres will do better this year!

This goal was nice.

Thought the score line flattered the hawks tonight. They were terrible for the first two periods tonight but turned it on in the final period. The bar I watched the game in Chicago was so flat even at the end. Still it's two games and two wins even though the played poorly in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Nice show of grit by Vancouver last night to come back from 2-0 and 4-2 down. Oilers are awful at the back though.

watched a lot of hockey yday(have free gamecentre with my mobile contract til the new year), this was the highlight, some save!

Berserker wrote: »
    Big call there. I'll hold you to that. One game gone in the season. :D The Pens were brilliant at times last night in front of the goal, particularly in the first period but the 'D' looked shaky. I always watch them with interest as I consider them to be the yardstick in the East.

Well, game 2 is certainly showing them to be starting well.

I just think on balance and how they ended last season plus the play off games v LA that they are gonna take it up a notch this year. But I am completely biased no matter what happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Come on Pens!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

scottmcb04 wrote: »

watched a lot of hockey yday(have free gamecentre with my mobile contract til the new year), this was the highlight, some save!

Saw it in real time but didn't see the replay in slow motion. That was great.

Gamecenter via the xbox freezes for a couple of seconds after each goal. Anyone having this problem?

Come on Pens!!

No matter how many times, nor how many fora nor how many friends say this in text or email or on Twitbook I always see it as penis.

Nice finish for the Avs last night.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Nice finish for the Avs last night.

Was watching this yesterday evening on Setanta. You could see the Avs sneaking the win alright and they hit the post a few seconds before that.

That Lightning result against the perfidious Habs certainly warmed the cockles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

That Lightning result against the perfidious Habs certainly warmed the cockles.

Stamkos was on fire. With Bishop playing well I think we've got a live contender here {prob stating the obvious :)}

6-5? The Sharks! What the hell loike! I went asleep and it was 3-0!

Watching the Bruins v Red Wings. Both seems to be shaky at the back.

sketchpad wrote: »
    Stamkos was on fire. With Bishop playing well I think we've got a live contender here {prob stating the obvious :)}

Ryan Callahan's goal was very nice also... hope they do do well, have some lovely players...

Serious intensity to the Bruins play this evening. The Red Wings have only had 7 shots on goal so far and it's the 2nd period.

Serious intensity to the Bruins play this evening. The Red Wings have only had 7 shots on goal so far and it's the 2nd period.

Just home from the hawks game. Ridiculous the amount of chances we had tonight and still lost. Crawford was amazing tonight though, he made some very important stops towards the end. You get night's like this though. Bring on Nashville on Saturday, have tickets for that game too so can't wait.

Anybody in a pool on Pickuphockey.com?

I have one going with some mates in Canada but would like to set one up for Boards if there were some heads on here interested and already have a team?

Anybody in a pool on Pickuphockey.com?

I have one going with some mates in Canada but would like to set one up for Boards if there were some heads on here interested and already have a team?

What is the format of the league like? I am in our own yahoo fantasy league but would be interested if others are.
    aaronm13 wrote: »
    Just home from the hawks game. Ridiculous the amount of chances we had tonight and still lost.

I have Hiller in my fantasy team. Looking at the stats he had an amazing game. Always liked him as a goal tender but was/am worried as to whether he would/will get enough wins with that Flames team.

What is the format of the league like? I am in our own yahoo fantasy league but would be interested if others are.

I have Hiller in my fantasy team. Looking at the stats he had an amazing game. Always liked him as a goal tender but was/am worried as to whether he would/will get enough wins with that Flames team.

He really had a great game but the Hawks where so wasteful in front of goal. Hopefully it was just one of those nights.

• Advertisement

Watching Sabres vs Panthers tonight.

Advertisement