Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ireland a Boring Country???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

I would say the pace of life is much slower here. Ireland is a beautiful country with lots of amazing landscapes and scenery, without the amazing hot weather to boot. Depends what you are after in a holiday, some people will love it, some won't, personally I think it's down to the individual - this place can be as boring or exciting as you want it to be depending on your attitude twords it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ireland is one of the least boring countries in the world, we have great social interaction and life in this country.
    If you want boring, Canada is your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Killarney is a brilliant place to live, great mountain biking, great national park with all sorts of wildlife, walkways for rollerblading and prams/buggies. Lakes/rivers for fishing. Mountains to climb, lots of hiking, great lakes and seaviews, scenic drives, great road-biking, great food and plenty of restaurants. lots of social activities like badminton, mens clubs, IFA Macra na feirme, running clubs, cycling clubs, tag rugby....theme parks etc cost a lot of money and even if you lived next to one, you wouldn't go there every week......What exactly are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

Ireland is kinda crap when the weather is bad and you are stuck in a rural area with bugger all to do (apart from turf hay and silage of course). I always remember spending the summer months bored to tears when I was at school. stuck in the midlands miles away from anywhere good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rosedream

Macavity. wrote: »
    If you live rurally and the weather is particularly bad it can be boring alright.

+1 from experience.
    Not just boring, but seriously can drive you cracked living rurally. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ireland is one of the least boring countries in the world, we have great social interaction and life in this country.
    If you want boring, Canada is your place.

Looks awful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Ireland is kinda crap when the weather is bad and you are stuck in a rural area with bugger all to do (apart from turf hay and silage of course). I always remember spending the summer months bored to tears when I was at school. stuck in the midlands miles away from anywhere good.
    Where are these good places you mention where nobody ever gets bored? :)

MadsL wrote: »
    Don't mind him he sounds like a pub man ;)

rosedream wrote: »
    +1 from experience.
    Not just boring, but seriously can drive you cracked living rurally. :/
    Some people aren't cut out for country living.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

SMJSF wrote: »
    compare that to summer Spain :-/ Spain has sunny weather nearly all year round, we don't...

Compare what exactly, that Ireland more than doubles its population in tourists every year compared to Spain, population 42 million,tourism chiefs are saying tourists coming to Ireland this year could hit ten million, their must an some attraction to the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

If your an outdoorsy person there's a lot to do in any country, including Ireland.
    Never in my entire life have I has the desire to look at an old house or castle.

Really? I've visited quite a few in other countries.:D

Cowering beside a pool in a generic resort as far away from the locals as possible in what could be any other resort in any other hot country isn't really traveling. I like to out and see things, get lost, learn the history, climb their mountains, try something new etc...

So many people I know just go on the same holiday every year... I don't get it??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Come to me for week all who are bored, I'll give yiz something to be bored about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Come to me for week all who are bored, I'll give yiz something to be bored about.

Onlly if we can go to the bog yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

whupdedo wrote: »
    Onlly if we can go to the bog yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :pac:
    But one of the countless wondrous beauties this area has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

It's us Irish folk that make this little blip on the map so awesome.

I was in Berlin recently and befriended some well travelled locals who have been to Ireland. They believe we are on a different level to all other Europeans. They see us as industrious, smart, brazen and energetic combined with laid backness.

In other words, we are un German.

If your an outdoorsy person there's a lot to do in any country, including Ireland.

Really? I've visited quite a few in other countries.:D

Cowering beside a pool in a generic resort as far away from the locals as possible in what could be any other resort in any other hot country isn't really traveling. I like to out and see things, get lost, learn the history, climb their mountains, try something new etc...

So many people I know just go on the same holiday every year... I don't get it??:confused:
    I completely agree with you too many people think going to Spain every year just to toast their arses in the sun is the ultimate holiday. I know a couple that spent every spare minute they have in the pub, when they go on a foreign holiday guess where they spend most of their time :rolleyes:

Where are these good places you mention where nobody ever gets bored? :)

London New York and various major cities in mainland Europe.

London New York and various major cities in mainland Europe.
    London, you are joking right?

of course I was bored off my tits when I was a teenager growing up in rural Ireland. I lifted 15 skips of turf all by myself this summer and got burnt to bits and I had a great time. lift turf get burnt go to pub drink beer. simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Water sports are fairly decent. Dont have a huge choice due to numbers though

• Advertisement

my brother lives in London I stay there for free. I love the city lots of hustle and bustle lots to look at. a thriving metropolis. its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Water sports are fairly decent. Dont have a huge choice due to numbers though

Dirty fecker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

There's tons to do in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ErnieBert wrote: »
    It's us Irish folk that make this little blip on the map so awesome.

I was in Berlin recently and befriended some well travelled locals who have been to Ireland. They believe we are on a different level to all other Europeans. They see us as industrious, smart, brazen and energetic combined with laid backness.

In other words, we are un German.

Probably blowing smoke up your arse.

There's tons to do in London.
    I could think of better places to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Pity you weren't Irish_4life.

If you're not, just leave.

Nobody cares.

I could think of better places to be.

have you been to London ****stirrer? its not all bad when you discount the aggressive begging, complete and utter indifference to your plight by passers by when you are in trouble, the early closing times and the fact that when you are staying in a house in London their kitchens and bathrooms are no bigger than a matchbox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I had a couple of relatives from abroad over from a country and place where there is just some much different and fun things to do. I really had great holidays over there. They were over here in Ireland for a couple of weeks and it seems to me that this country can't match the level of awesomeness of some other countries. Yes we have pubs, shopping centres and sites of beautiful nature but nothing really more than that. Our beaches are bloody brutal, we really have no fun place for teenagers to go and spend a day at such as a big theme park with sky high roller-coasters and food squares. The countries weather is terrible compared to others. The list goes on but to me it just seems that this country needs more investment in the area of landmarks, must see sites to visit, entertainment places and tourism in general.

If you think an entire country is boring and all the activities are boring, it's actually you that's the boring one.

have you been to London ****stirrer? its not all bad when you discount the aggressive begging, complete and utter indifference to your plight by passers by when you are in trouble, the early closing times and the fact that when you are staying in a house in London their kitchens and bathrooms are no bigger than a matchbox!!
    I have indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

I had a couple of relatives from abroad over from a country and place where there is just some much different and fun things to do. I really had great holidays over there. They were over here in Ireland for a couple of weeks and it seems to me that this country can't match the level of awesomeness of some other countries. Yes we have pubs, shopping centres and sites of beautiful nature but nothing really more than that. Our beaches are bloody brutal, we really have no fun place for teenagers to go and spend a day at such as a big theme park with sky high roller-coasters and food squares. The countries weather is terrible compared to others. The list goes on but to me it just seems that this country needs more investment in the area of landmarks, must see sites to visit, entertainment places and tourism in general.

Go live in that magical wonderland, with an F of course .

Advertisement