Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona 2014 (spoiler alert)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Izoard wrote: »
    Presumably the heat is the main issue (coupled with wind and course profile), but interesting that both these guys are the record holders (MVH -"IM", AR - IronDistance - Roth), so have buried themselves in hot environments in the past.

Yep, chatted with a friend of mine who did it and she said you could sum up each leg this way - chop, wind, heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Was Paul O'Doherty the first Irish person home (9:16) followed by Ivan O'Gorman (9:36)?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MalDoc

pgibbo wrote: »
    Was Paul O'Doherty the first Irish person home (9:16) followed by Ivan O'Gorman (9:36)?

I think so, tracker had the country down as Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

MalDoc wrote: »

Martin Muldoon was down as IRN also.

I'm guessing that's one of the fastest Irish times in Kona ever. I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

pgibbo wrote: »
    Martin Muldoon was down as IRN also.

I'm guessing that's one of the fastest Irish times in Kona ever. I could be wrong.

Matt Molloy went 913 there one yr if i recall rightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Hugeknackers has come out and declared he is done with Kona after this year. Apart from 2010 when he finished 3rd i always thought he would eventually win it given his talent but he has had a nightmare on that course in the last few years.

I see Pete Jacobs had a DNF, that guy has gone from great to crap in the space of 2 years. Must be the reduced oxygen going to his brain with the training mask crowd he is sponsored by!

Looks like the Irish did not have an easy time of it either.

Harsh on PJ considering it was only 2 seasons ago u were giving him love ;) joking aside Jacobs has had 2 injury ridden seasons since. Vanhoknacker injured all last year and Raelert injury issues also. I don't know anyone who has ever won Kona without an injury free year . Raelart is the most disappointing for me. Not this year but 3 ago when he was on fire all yr and made the mistake of running beside Macca instead of burying him then and there. Wind seems to have been mental this yr especially for later waves... 35 mins can make a big difference if u not up the road as it picks up. Would love to know how many athletes ignored their pacing plans as a result. Really impressed with Ben Hoffman s pacing. The perfectly executed race !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MalDoc wrote: »
    My friend was the same when she got her entry details but she insisted they change it.

Advertisement