Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive! Newspaper.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

That would make sense for a garden of about one third of an acre.
    Assuming the stocking rate for Catholics is the same as for Sheep generally, at about 4 per acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

failinis wrote: »
    Every month with out fail, one gets forced through the letter box, regardless of the sign I have up to stop unsolicited spam like this.

Normally it is thrown in the recycle pile or on to the coal bucket but for the first time in months I decided to read it, for a laugh.
    To be honest I ended up getting rather angry, I am sure I will learn to laugh at bollocks like this like most other people do but I can't right now.
    I should laugh, but when I was younger my parents brought home copies of it, and I ended up reading as a confused gay early teen that I was "disgusting" and "bound for hell" and such rubbish which really did not help me till I got a lot older and could shake it off.

Their website - http://www.alive.ie/ - has some articles but not most of them.

From what I hear, the church says they try and distance themselves from this group who write it, but in that case, why does every church in my city appear to supply copies of this crap?
    Should they really not allow them to be distributed from their churches in that case?
    I know the getting it in the letter box as spam is different.

I know its a self published sort of paper and it is based on some peoples view points, but is this not ..... I don't know, illegal in some way?

Most people do laugh or ignore it, but is their not a way to get rid of it, or at least stop receiving it in the post?

I have attached some of the most recent gems of inside articles as the website does not give some of them.
    Really disgusting hatred filled paper so it is.

I wonder what the action is like on the 'personals' section at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"Repressed and self-loathing gentleman seeks similarly minded guilt ridden lady for companionship and possibly more. Help me show them I don't have de ghey."

Something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Probably an automated, "Shame. Shame. Shame," hotline. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Probably an automated, "Shame. Shame. Shame," hotline. :pac:

You forgot the bell!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

recedite wrote: »
    That would make sense for a garden of about one third of an acre.
    Assuming the stocking rate for Catholics is the same as for Sheep generally, at about 4 per acre.

Hmm will you be allowing the offspring to remain in the field garden or will you be selling them, to Americans perhaps?

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement