Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'd be up for that alright

**** them! They're the enemy! They can burn in hell!!!!!!

P.s. mostly kidding...... mostly......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,781 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Well unfortunately myself & scrubber were on the losing end in our match.

The two boys Alan & Cathal were rock solid golfers. We got off to a bad start, managed to peg them back to within 1 by the 11th, but we were giving them shots on 12 & 13 & they took advantage to stretch to 3 up. Was a tough ask as we were having to make pars to get halves on a lot of holes & nothing was falling for us all day.

But was a beautiful day on a beautiful course. Thanks to tiger for the lift. The wife had to drive the car down to the garage at 10km/h with her hazards on & her dad driving behind her so it wouldn't have survived a drive to tullamore.

Best of luck to Stevie for next year. We'll have several to captain the retaking of the cup :D
    That is true love.

Has she seen you dance ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    **** them! They're the enemy! They can burn in hell!!!!!!

P.s. mostly kidding...... mostly......

Best way to beat the opposition is to get among them and watch them play!!!

That is true love.

Has she seen you dance ?

I have the photos here!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I have the photos here!!

I almost ended my relationship with this society again.

When some dude said . I have video footage of you in kilkenny.
    :cool::cool::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

That is true love.

Has she seen you dance ?

She regularly tells me she married me despite having seen me dance

Seve - don't think you could go too wrong having an outing there.

Best of luck - great pick for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

I see "The big easy" was'nt only winning at tullamore yesterday, he won the big race at newmarket @ 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Been a long night !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

technodub wrote: »
    Been a long night !:rolleyes:

I hope you've not been Jager Bombing outta that :D

• Advertisement

I was disgusted when I realised I couldnt drink out of the jug :)

I was disgusted when I realised I couldnt drink out of the jug :)

You mean you weren't doing this? ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGn43rBEBWmmCRCfU-aWVhDlhAzAKN9XbpB0AMddm-vnTsBfpl

Seve OB wrote: »
    You mean you weren't doing this? ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGn43rBEBWmmCRCfU-aWVhDlhAzAKN9XbpB0AMddm-vnTsBfpl

Nothing but dust in that.. Cant fit too much in and im a man of high drinking standards. Gonna get the drill out and hollow the middle!

We didn't rub it in this much did we ?

Me - Space, 3 putt were getting feedback from course and we were happy enough that it looked good.

Amazing how close it was in the end. Class stuff.

Lads I was woken this morning by nightmares of my 3 putt on 13 & approach in the drink on 16 ,they were real potential swing shots in terms of momentum...god we take this golf too seriously :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Lads I was woken this morning by nightmares of my 3 putt on 13 & approach in the drink on 16 ,they were real potential swing shots in terms of momentum...god we take this golf too seriously :D

Could you call what I did on 16th tee a drive?Swing speed mach 4 distance traveled 50 feet. Lived the nightmare

Made a balls of 16 myself.

In fact we had a chance to win match on 16. Great tough hole. I love course . Hard to admire it fully when you are absorbed in a match like that.

Jaysus to think of it the other lads did very well to hold us at all.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Could you call what I did on 16th tee a drive?Swing speed mach 4 distance traveled 50 feet. Lived the nightmare

That first drive never happened scrubber

Charlie won't mind me saying this but he topped his tee shot on 16. Went maybe 3 yards, staying on the box.

He got a half from the hole :)

Seve OB wrote: »
    Charlie won't mind me saying this but he topped his tee shot on 16. Went maybe 3 yards, staying on the box.

He got a half from the hole :)

Did I say I'm never laying up again?!!:D

So much for trying to play safe golf!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Macker1

Really enjoyed the Ryder Jug experience. A smashing course and great weather set the day up well. Solid play from The Big Easy and myself brought in a win which is always enjoyable. Congrats to the opposing team on their overall win. Looking forward to next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Macker1 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the Ryder Jug experience. A smashing course and great weather set the day up well. Solid play from The Big Easy and myself brought in a win which is always enjoyable. Congrats to the opposing team on their overall win. Looking forward to next year already.

Good job I was playing with the golfer of the year, that's all I can say :)

When I parred the Index 2 third, I thought I was going to play well, you should never think while playing golf :rolleyes:

I never really got it going after that, with the low-light being three duffed 64 degrees (yeah I know I shouldn't be using it :p) from the middle of the 11th fairway. That might have kept me up space ;) if Macker hadn't been so solid all day.

His back to back birdies on 7 and 8, the second poured in right on top of our opponent's for a half, were the winning of the match really.

Have to agree with you Fix, really liked the course and well worth a full outing next year.

Congrats again to Seve OB, great choice for captain, I think you should have an outing in Cork as a gesture of goodwill ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    I see "The big easy" was'nt only winning at tullamore yesterday, he won the big race at newmarket @ 10/1

Irish Rookie won at 40/1 as well, would've been a nice double ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

Irish Rookie won at 40/1 as well, would've been a nice double ;)
    . I see that, if only i had dropped into the bookies on route :rolleyes:.
    Kicked off the round with a solid par on the 1st to go 1up, however it was'nt long before my poor driving so much so that fixit felt obliged to explain to our opponents that he was not calling me tiger because of my long driving ability:(:pac: pulled down my game and i had to rely on fixit to keep us level up to the 6th.I managed to roll in a decent put on the 7th to keep us from going two down which i'll take the credit for turning the match:). after a quick talk to fixit on the 8th to club down (to allow for the adrenline) he quickly turned on the style with a great birdie and some magical play until we got to the 14th where he started to get flashbacks from last year and was eager to close out the match:eek:. with a little pep talk and assurance that my game was starting to come good:pac: we cruised on to the 16th where i had a 4 footer to end the game, now i,am not saying that i missed it intentionally but i was enjoying the match so much and opponents where such nice guys that maybe i did,nt give it the attention it required and pushed it. boy did i feel like a pumpkin when i was made put a one footer on the 17th for the half "nice guys":o. But the highlight of the day for me had to be fixit's face:pac::pac: when i decided to lay up from middle of 18th fairway 220 out with pitching wedge to 145ish to allow me finish in style with 8 iron which i semi bladed to back of green but managed to get it up and down even thought the putter felt more like a sledge hammer. Super day and class course hopefully seve will put it on the short list for next years courses.

Lol :D

"Tiger you can be my wing man anytime"

Honestly - It wasn't your play - I just suddenly became aware I was calling you Tiger - I was just thinking - what were that lads thinking. This user name is confusion at the best of time - what the hell would lads think with someone calling someone Tiger in real life :D

One whispering to other He is calling him Tiger Woods :P

Anyway - thanks for getting my game together.

Great finish.

Lol :D

"Tiger you can be my wing man anytime"

Honestly - It wasn't your play - I just suddenly became aware I was calling you Tiger - I was just thinking - what were that lads thinking. This user name is confusion at the best of time - what the hell would lads think with someone calling someone Tiger in real life :D

One whispering to other He is calling him Tiger Woods :P

Anyway - thanks for getting my game together.

Great finish.

That post just popped this song in to my head. Few NSFW lyrics in there

Can the 2 Ryder jug cork lads pm me please... ? Have 2 spots for has the weekend :-)

Can the 2 Ryder jug cork lads pm me please... ? Have 2 spots for has the weekend :-)

One word for old head STUNNING worth every penny great weather and amazing course. Cork lads ya missed a trick today. In other news the wind was unplayable ( for me with a high ball flight) cathal it might suit you pal ... worth every penny

I maybe a little typsy thats why i repeated myself !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

its so infrequent that you post here and now that you've won the jug, we can't get rid of you ;)

Picture looks class though. Must get down there for a game some time :D

Advertisement