Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

I get it too :D

Well except when you don't even smile.

Thank,s phil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,775 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

You mean team mate - edit post dude. It is all secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Charlie - McGinley (master tactician, inspirational captain)
    Ivan - Rory (lethal long game, massive power)
    Fix - Sergio (long hitter, passionate competitor, yet to win a major, read Boards outing)
    Macker - GMac (lethal short game, red hot putter)
    Tiger - Westwood (rock solid all rounder, always featuring at the top of the table)
    3putt - Kaymer (hits a solid high fade, consistent performer)
    Big easy - Rose (delivering on promise, has won on the biggest stage)
    Seve OB - Poulter ( wildcard, consummate team player, has the game to compete with anyone on his day)

Sorry to the other Lads, haven't played with you so will let someone else fill in the who's who

Edit - will give myself Stenson - worked my way up the rankings without hitting a driver :p

Its lucky he didnt pick me as id have to be steven gallacher. Played 2 lost 2.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Thank,s phil :D

"Captain Charlie" - at what time will your limo arrive to pick me up for private transfer.

I hear the lads are meeting in Supermacs - then onto Busaras :)

Lads I'll leave 6 cans of Dutch Gold with the bus driver for you.

Go Team. (ok so 12 cans) - drink them from the cup for team building.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lads, we're gonna rock this match 100 times better than gleneagles!!! If we can get fix to drink a case of wine the night before, a buggy for macker, seve's lucky ryder cup jumper, spacecoyotes funky trousers and I wont practice till the morning of the event we'll be grand!!!!!

I'd be up for staying as I could have got us a great deal on a hotel in tullamore but I have an important anniversary mass Sunday morning.

Tis in the wash my friend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

We Don't typically stay over Big Easy.

I think it is a good idea - But I feel from talking to lads - we push the boat out enough during the year - telling her it was the end of year bash last month - and now it is the end of year , end of year bash . Is a bit beyond the realms of reality.

After all that - I would , but this year date does not suit.

Don't worry Fix, I was suggesting it with tongue firmly in cheek :p Those type of occasions usually work best as once a year blowouts :pac:

Meant to say congrats Seve on the pick, well deserved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Lads, we're gonna rock this match 100 times better than gleneagles!!! If we can get fix to drink a case of wine the night before, a buggy for macker, seve's lucky ryder cup jumper, spacecoyotes funky trousers and I wont practice till the morning of the event we'll be grand!!!!!

I'd be up for staying as I could have got us a great deal on a hotel in tullamore but I have an important anniversary mass Sunday morning.

I have a dilemma now over which trousers to where...Jesus I'm turning into a golf diva.

Pretty sure I have a Ryder cup golf glove unopened sitting somewhere at home, will have to do some digging

I have a dilemma now over which trousers to where...Jesus I'm turning into a golf diva.

Pretty sure I have a Ryder cup golf glove unopened sitting somewhere at home, will have to do some digging

I might wear these ones :)

450934132-winners-of-the-wacky-trousers-contest-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXd5%2bgSuQ%2bPiEobyF1UK7Q2Fo3%2fGpxv6WvEhj8uIJW8rto2SibO1BOk8Cvnvf3HXBQ%3d%3d

[IMG]https://flic.kr/p/o44AZA //[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

12 of these outfits will make all the difference Saturday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Macker1

scrubber72 wrote: »
    12 of these outfits will make all the difference Saturday week.

My eyes are hurting..............

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »

YOUR eyes?

Did you even look in the mirror on captains day :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    YOUR eyes?

LOL

Macker1 wrote: »

YOUR eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

What time is tee off Saturday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

3putt wrote: »
    What time is tee off Saturday?

11:30 so can everyone be there before 11 if possible.

11:30 so can everyone be there before 11 if possible.

No problem Charlie.

What are the warm up facilities like there? Is there a range to hit a few balls?

As mentioned earlier us there any colour coordination going on sign tee_shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Strong team lining out for boards. Three in a row looks a distinct possibility. Best of luck to all on Saturday. Will there be any live scoring available?

ballyk wrote: »
    Strong team lining out for boards. Three in a row looks a distinct possibility. Best of luck to all on Saturday. Will there be any live scoring available?

Hard luck ballyK on not making team - not many teams leave an unbeaten man at home. ;)

No problem Charlie.

What are the warm up facilities like there? Is there a range to hit a few balls?

As mentioned earlier us there any colour coordination going on sign tee_shirts?
    There is a range, 2 putting greens, chipping area and a few nets as far as I remember.

I don't mind on the colours. Anyone have any light blue polo tops? Boards colour? Grey trousers?

I have a good few different coloured polo tops so am easy. Think we'll need jumpers Saturday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Hard luck ballyK on not making team - not many teams leave an unbeaten man at home. ;)

I didn't play well enough in the outings I got to. At least my 100% record is safe! ;)

Blue and grey is good for me.
    Gonna be tough week at work trying not to think about Saturday every 10 mins.
    Love the pressure of playing team golf.

Blue and grey is good for me.
    Gonna be tough week at work trying not to think about Saturday every 10 mins.
    Love the pressure of playing team golf.

I've been going through tactics in my head for weeks now, iron off which tees, where to be agressive and where to be safe. My head is fried!!!

I've been going through tactics in my head for weeks now, iron off which tees, where to be agressive and where to be safe. My head is fried!!!

So will we all be getting PMd with a tactics sheet to study for the week then Charlie?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Rikand wrote: »
    Keep to yourself is right - Technodub does trawl these forums. Don't want him getting the inside track :)
    ballyk wrote: »

And here I am trawling as expected :D was hoping for some insights and team tactics, pairings and order but all I get is your glorious outfits! I just want to point out last year was a draw so it was retained rather then won so 3 in a row is a generous statement :eek::eek::eek:

Im team captain this year and I wont lie when I say IM GOD DAM EXCITED. Praying for a decent day weather wise as im sure you guys are too. I know I mentioned it last year and was met with mixed reaction but I am still a firm believer that going forward a 2 day event, Fourball followed by singles would be amazing and give a serious ryder cup feel aswell as a chance for you guys to drown your sorrows after a horrendous first day :rolleyes: anyway some food for thought..... Anyway thats enough of the niceties BRING IT ON :D

Here are our tactics. Look good. Kick ass.

Here are our tactics. Look good. Kick ass.

Sounds solid enough did you have fergie in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

technodub wrote: »
    Sounds solid enough did you have fergie in? :D

Yep, I was there! And Eur... I mean Team Boards are ready for ye punks ;)

Raging I wont be there myself but qualification is tough in our society! We have a serious team this year!

Rikand wrote: »
    Yep, I was there! And Eur... I mean Team Boards are ready for ye punks ;)

Raging I wont be there myself but qualification is tough in our society! We have a serious team this year!

Ye im happy with our team too got some good solid form players makes for an interesting contest! Praying for the weather and really looking forward to Tullamore heard its gorgeous!:cool:

• Advertisement

So how many previous ryder jug players qualified this year?

Advertisement