Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

technodub wrote: »
    And here I am trawling as expected :D was hoping for some insights and team tactics, pairings and order but all I get is your glorious outfits! I just want to point out last year was a draw so it was retained rather then won so 3 in a row is a generous statement :eek::eek::eek:

Im team captain this year and I wont lie when I say IM GOD DAM EXCITED. Praying for a decent day weather wise as im sure you guys are too. I know I mentioned it last year and was met with mixed reaction but I am still a firm believer that going forward a 2 day event, Fourball followed by singles would be amazing and give a serious ryder cup feel aswell as a chance for you guys to drown your sorrows after a horrendous first day :rolleyes: anyway some food for thought..... Anyway thats enough of the niceties BRING IT ON :D

2 days all the way, but make it interesting :D
    Sat morning Fourballs, Sat afternoon Foresomes
    Sun Morn Fourballs, Sun afternoon singles
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Seve OB wrote: »
    2 days all the way, but make it interesting :D
    Sat morning Fourballs, Sat afternoon Foresomes
    Sun Morn Fourballs, Sun afternoon singles
    :P

Haha its obviousy your first year on the team. We have an average age of about 74! :eek::D na not that bad but i think 2 games squeezed between alot of fizzy drinks would be enough and I just really think the singles would add so much to the event serious EXCITEMENT! Tactics tactics tactics. Sure we could get a good deal for 2 rounds with accom if we booked early too so hopefully your not the only one interested!

We are off to old head the following weeknd. Play Kinsale on the friday followed by the demon that is old head on the sat :D:D:D

technodub wrote: »
    Haha its obviousy your first year on the team. We have an average age of about 74! :eek::D na not that bad but i think 2 games squeezed between alot of fizzy drinks would be enough and I just really think the singles would add so much to the event serious EXCITEMENT! Tactics tactics tactics. Sure we could get a good deal for 2 rounds with accom if we booked early too so hopefully your not the only one interested!

We are off to old head the following weeknd. Play Kinsale on the friday followed by the demon that is old head on the sat :D:D:D

i was just taking the P155. I played last year, so yea spotted the average age might be slightly higher than ours alright.

2 days might work for some but not all i imagine. maybe subs could be roped in for a second day though for those who can only play 1 round... just an idea :cool:

i was just taking the P155. I played last year, so yea spotted the average age might be slightly higher than ours alright.

2 days might work for some but not all i imagine. maybe subs could be roped in for a second day though for those who can only play 1 round... just an idea :cool:

Apoligies its hard to keep up with the real names and the boards names :-) ye its obviously more difficult for you guys as you are spread al around the country. Food for thought though!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Lads I hope the weather is a bit softer for you this year, enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I think the 2 day might be a stretch too far for some but I'd be up for it. Either that or 2 rounds, fourball in morning and singles in afternoon. Dinner inbetween.

I'm sure we'd get a club to accommodate this if we booked it early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Ye Ben the first 9 was awful, but the back nine the sun was splitting the sky, Just after getting towels out of the clubhouse to dry off. The weather forecast is saying it's going to be dry for sat so looking good so far. Looking forward to it.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think the 2 day might be a stretch too far for some but I'd be up for it. Either that or 2 rounds, fourball in morning and singles in afternoon. Dinner inbetween.

I'm sure we'd get a club to accommodate this if we booked it early enough.

thing about that is though it really would have to be dinner on the hoof.

the time of year and all that, I tee'd off at half 2 yesterday and mush later it would have been difficult to get in before dark... and that was a 4 hour round!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

thing about that is though it really would have to be dinner on the hoof.

the time of year and all that, I tee'd off at half 2 yesterday and mush later it would have been difficult to get in before dark... and that was a 4 hour round!

Also the fact that you'd be paying two green fees in one day which seems a bit excessive and I'm not sure there are many courses that have society slots available both in the morning and in the afternoon on a Saturday.

If the first tee time was say 9:00am and the second at 2:00pm? Then again frost might be an issue and as Seve said you might run out of light for the afternoon session.

If you were playing over two days its still two green fees PAR!! Imagine the hangover trying to play golf on the sunday morning?!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

If the first tee time was say 9:00am and the second at 2:00pm? Then again frost might be an issue and as Seve said you might run out of light for the afternoon session.

If you were playing over two days its still two green fees PAR!! Imagine the hangover trying to play golf on the sunday morning?!!!!
    Pretty sure Headfort used to do deals on playing both courses in one day with a meal in between. Would really have to run the cup earlier in the year though realistically to make a 1 day event feasible.

A 2 day event would be great craic alright with a fourball & singles. Tough one to organise though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was only talking about it being on one day.
    I'd say there'd be a lot more than frost to worry about, frosty receptions for sure ;)
    You'd have some lads leaving at 6am and getting back at 10pm.
    And I doubt any decent club would let 6 fourball or even foursomes pairings out at 9am on a Saturday morning unless they don't particularly like their members.

2 day event for a society like boards would basically be a non runner in my eyes. Would be ideal for Technodubs society but they're not coming from the four corners and it'd be their big weekend out... If boards were doing a weekend away then it's best to do it at captains with everyone is involved.

Could be a tough one to organise alright.

Hopefully this rain will blow off too, thunder storms promised for Tullamore today but then very little rain for the rest of the week and weekend.

Could be a tough one to organise alright.

Hopefully this rain will blow off too, thunder storms promised for Tullamore today but then very little rain for the rest of the week and weekend.

The thunder rolled through here earlier on, still p1ssing but looks promising

Pretty sure Headfort used to do deals on playing both courses in one day with a meal in between. Would really have to run the cup earlier in the year though realistically to make a 1 day event feasible.

A 2 day event would be great craic alright with a fourball & singles. Tough one to organise though
    PARlance wrote: »
    I was only talking about it being on one day.
    I'd say there'd be a lot more than frost to worry about, frosty receptions for sure ;)
    You'd have some lads leaving at 6am and getting back at 10pm.
    And I doubt any decent club would let 6 fourball or even foursomes pairings out at 9am on a Saturday morning unless they don't particularly like their members.

2 day event for a society like boards would basically be a non runner in my eyes. Would be ideal for Technodubs society but they're not coming from the four corners and it'd be their big weekend out... If boards were doing a weekend away then it's best to do it at captains with everyone is involved.

Ye guys I figured that with lads all over the country it would be tough but great all the same!Two weekends away in one year for golf aint too much to ask is it.... A man can dream cant he! Anyway food for thought I just love matchplay !:rolleyes:

Weather Looking good for Sat.
    Range tomorrow
    this tonight

2 hours on range last night, practiced chipping and putting at course till dark tonight and range again tomorrow night......am gonna shoot the lights out saturday!!!

Am slightly concerned with the weather though, getting frost last few nights and more promised with fog for weekend. Road conditions could be tricky and hopefully the fog wont linger on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Weather Looking good for Sat.
    Range tomorrow
    this tonight

I thought the "this" was going to be an "How we won the ryder cup 2014" video ;)

Lads favour, anybody coming Saturday that'll be near greystones tomorrow?

Lads favour, anybody coming Saturday that'll be near greystones tomorrow?

What you need? I'm not, but know a man who might be

• Advertisement

Lads, would there be anyone coming from Dublin direction that could collect me en route? A couple of car issues have cropped up. I'm based in city west so just off the N7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Good luck lads and enjoy.

Charlie let me know if you want the live scoring set up, for match play it only takes seconds

J

Lads, would there be anyone coming from Dublin direction that could collect me en route? A couple of car issues have cropped up. I'm based in city west so just off the N7

Little bump...don't suppose there is anyone that can get me on the way. I can get a lift to some spot if it helps, but the car has pretty much died today so won't be able to make it under my own steam

Sorry for the late notice lads, this one was out of my control

• Registered Users Posts: 20,775 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Little bump...don't suppose there is anyone that can get me on the way. I can get a lift to some spot if it helps, but the car has pretty much died today so won't be able to make it under my own steam

Sorry for the late notice lads, this one was out of my control

Space I can if stuck. But . Not sure any point as not going back to Dublin.

See if anybody else is.

But again I can get you there

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Best of luck tomorrow lads , hope ye enjoy the buzz of Team Golf & the Thrill of matchplay.

Remember never give a winning putt !

See if anybody else is.

If you could fix it would be great. We'll get him back home somehow! I'll even drive up myself if we have to!!

See if anybody else is.

I can work with that if there is someone I can rope into a lift back?

Cheers Fix. Hopefully one of the lads is heading both directions.

I think all the lads from the other society are Dublin based too. One of them might give you a lift either, if you don't brag too much about your winning putt!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Bring it home lads. Best of luck to our captain fantastic and his 11 brave warriors!

• Advertisement

I can work with that if there is someone I can rope into a lift back?

Cheers Fix. Hopefully one of the lads is heading both directions.

Il drop you back.... Il put ya in the back of the van for some alone time with the trophy.. Dont worry a year aint that long!:cool:

Advertisement