Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official RYDER JUG thread (- No betting posts!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭ballyk

Congrats. Looks like all these matches are going down to the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Scrubber and space hammered 4&2

Wow, thought you guys were bankers. Big pressure on the last 2 games now. C'mon team boards!

Paulo and recycled level after 16. Big easy and macker 3 up dormie. Charlie 1 up 4 to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Fix is texting me the scores, so I will keep the scoring up to date.

3.5 to to 2.5 for boards as it now sits

J

• Advertisement

Squeaky bum time

4 results confirmed

4 results confirmed

Make that 5

Down to Charlie's match, they are all square through 16

https://clubapplive.com/boards

J

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

On the road home after a disappointing day on the course for myself. First out with the intention of getting an early lead which we did but we couldn't hold onto it. First time we were behind was the 16th. 3putt played very well I just didn't back him up when it mattered.
    Tullamore is a smashing course by the way. Definately worth another trip next year.
    I enjoyed my first Ryder Jug, hopefully I'll make it next year. Apologies I couldn't wait on but a 2 hour trip and the last group were miles behind :)
    Hopefully we won :)
    Thanks to 3putt today for putting up with me and all the lads that put in a great effort into the society each year.

See ye next year.

• Advertisement

We are 1 up walking down last

All over, we halved the last to lose 2.5 to 3.5

Here are the final results

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hard luck lads. I know Charlie will be gutted but that's team golf :(

Hard luck team boards but congrats to technodub and his team on the win. He sounded very determined to win this year! Lots of very close matches this year by the looks of it - one drawn match and 3 1 up games suggests every match was hard fought. Fair play to both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fairplay to both teams is right and congrats to the reps!

Like the US in the ryder cup, its only fair that you win once in a while.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Let the inquest begin.... What went wrong with our Captain :) I blame Fix "Figjam" Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Rikand wrote: »
    Fairplay to both teams is right and congrats to the reps!

Like the US in the ryder cup, its only fair that you win once in a while.... ;)

Is it not one win each & a draw since its inception ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

mafc wrote: »
    Is it not one win each & a draw since its inception ?

Yes but with the draw we retained the trophy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,809 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I walk into team room - not a latte macchiato ready for me , nobody even stood up to greet me.

I wouldn't mind - the limo that the captain had not sent for me, never turned up - and to make things worse , I have to park miles from the clubhouse with nobody to take my bag.

A sign of things to come. :P

Fantastic day - a two day event would actually be class. I've only ever played in something like that twice and is another type of pressure all together. Loved it.

Tiger was a legend - so cool , I nearly felt like kicking him the arse at one stage - but when he changed to the real lay up at 15 - I could have kissed his arse. Great win.

At the start I was way too pumped - from perfect positions - i was just hitting the irons miles - but as all great teams do , Tiger was over to get me to "club down by one". And this got me in the zone for 6 or 7 holes.

Great course , great day , great competition, and a fantastic year for a great captain.

I would have loved if Charlie had - holed the winning putt - but not to be , it just seems an outrageous twist of fate, that a boards member made a fantastic par and up and down on last to win for the Reps. Class win for them - and in front of the most critical of all golf audiences - Board's golf **** :D

Any chance of me joining their society ( I could have no option) - or him joining ours :D

They are heading off to Old Head next week - nice bunch of lads , games played in great spirit.

It has been a blast of a year - well done pete getting trophy there to hand over - it would have been embarrassing if we didn't have it.

Thanks again to all the team and Charlie - cool bunch of golf nuts.

So off to dream it all up again - perhaps the story is over , but never say never.

• Advertisement

So my first full year with the nut jobs that are boards golf society is over.
    Great courses great company great craic.
    My goal was to make the ryder jug team and did that, even though today I can't say I played well. Our Opponents were just too strong and after going 3 down very early it was going to be tough. Hope 2015 will be as good and best of luck to seveob as our new captain.
    Also thanks Charlie for a very well run a year's golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

http://clubapplive.com/golf/index.html?clubid=309

Open this on your phone

Login via the icon on the top right corner

Click on today's matches

User - boards
    Password - stableford

Tried and tried but just couldn't get the login icon even visible!
    scrubber72 wrote: »
    Paulo and recycled level after 16. Big easy and macker 3 up dormie. Charlie 1 up 4 to play
    !

Charlie and myself were actually 1 down with 4 to play. In the end a half in our match was pretty fair I think. We all played great golf, few ropey holes for myself in the middle, but was very pleased with my game.

Great putt by technodub on the last considering I picked up my marker so I wouldn't be giving him the line and he had missed a few during the round so fair play to you, well deserved.

Roll on next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Well, that's it for another year. Pity it didn't end on the high we had got used to all year but you can't win them all.

Great day out today, on another great course and, as always, in great company. Very tight matches for all groups which is always great to have. Ours was tight from the word go, poor Seve was carrying me for a while but we battled away. Had the chance to wrap it on the 18th but a terrible layup and a fantastic putt from technodub sealed the deal. A half was a fair result at the end of the day. Am never f'n laying up again though!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately kiers is unable to take over as captain next year due to other commitments but thankfully Seve is going to step in and keep us on the great path we have started on.

So onwards and upwards, here's to next year.

Thanks to every single one of ye for making this great society the success it is.

Also, thanks again to golfgraffix for setting up the live scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

I walk into team room - not a latte macchiato ready for me , nobody even stood up to greet me.

I wouldn't mind - the limo that the captain had not sent for me, never turned up - and to make things worse , I have to park miles from the clubhouse with nobody to take my bag.

A sign of things to come. :P

Fantastic day - a two day event would actually be class. I've only ever played in something like that twice and is another type of pressure all together. Loved it.

Tiger was a legend - so cool , I nearly felt like kicking him the arse at one stage - but when he changed to the real lay up at 15 - I could have kissed his arse. Great win.

At the start I was way too pumped - from perfect positions - i was just hitting the irons miles - but as all great teams do , Tiger was over to get me to "club down by one". And this got me in the zone for 6 or 7 holes.

Great course , great day , great competition, and a fantastic year for a great captain.

I would have loved if Charlie had - holed the winning putt - but not to be , it just seems an outrageous twist of fate, that a boards member made a fantastic par and up and down on last to win for the Reps. Class win for them - and in front of the most critical of all golf audiences - Board's golf **** :D

Any chance of me joining their society ( I could have no option) - or him joining ours :D

They are heading off to Old Head next week - nice bunch of lads , games played in great spirit.

It has been a blast of a year - well done pete getting trophy there to hand over - it would have been embarrassing if we didn't have it.

Thanks again to all the team and Charlie - cool bunch of golf nuts.

So off to dream it all up again - perhaps the story is over , but never say never.

Can I just say that it was a birdie @18 for the half....:rolleyes: What a great day in fairness perfect weather lovely golf course and great company. What a tight match for us with neither side ever being more then +1. I think me mark cathal and steven will agree that our game could have been named THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY :D some serious golf shots, serious putts (SEVE) and some serious ****! I aint gonna lie when I say my hands were shaking on 18 with everybody watching knowing I had a putt to finally give boards a taste of the coveted Ryder Jug. Hope everybody enjoyed there day and made it home safely. See yas next year xxx

(Monthly pictures of me and the ryder jug in random places to follow):rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

technodub wrote: »
    Can I just say that it was a birdie @18 for the half....:rolleyes: What a great day in fairness perfect weather lovely golf course and great company. What a tight match for us with neither side ever being more then +1. I think me mark cathal and steven will agree that our game could have been named THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY :D some serious golf shots, serious putts (SEVE) and some serious ****! I aint gonna lie when I say my hands were shaking on 18 with everybody watching knowing I had a putt to finally give boards a taste of the coveted Ryder Jug. Hope everybody enjoyed there day and made it home safely. See yas next year xxx

(Monthly pictures of me and the ryder jug in random places to follow):rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was a ding dong battle alright! Yea my putter was hot today alright, the one on 15 was the best putt I hit all year, possibly ever.

Ps, last hole was a par 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,809 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    It was a ding dong battle alright! Yea my putter was hot today alright, the one on 15 was the best putt I hit all year, possibly ever.

jaysus lads - to think we lost against a lad who doesn't know the par of a hole - you had us there (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Seve OB wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Haha I really thought it was a par 5 for some reason! My bad anyway really enjoyed the day and was a pleasure as usual! Keep up the good work lads. Society seems to be going from strength to strength. Might try and join you guys for some outings next year. Also when our fixtures come out I can post here if any of you guys fancy coming along to ours!

I'd be up for that alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Well unfortunately myself & scrubber were on the losing end in our match.

The two boys Alan & Cathal were rock solid golfers. We got off to a bad start, managed to peg them back to within 1 by the 11th, but we were giving them shots on 12 & 13 & they took advantage to stretch to 3 up. Was a tough ask as we were having to make pars to get halves on a lot of holes & nothing was falling for us all day.

But was a beautiful day on a beautiful course. Thanks to tiger for the lift. The wife had to drive the car down to the garage at 10km/h with her hazards on & her dad driving behind her so it wouldn't have survived a drive to tullamore.

Best of luck to Stevie for next year. We'll have several to captain the retaking of the cup :D

Advertisement