Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

They're the 5th and 9th highest scoring mids in the game and playing quite well at low prices. For short to medium term it's hardly madness

Yeah Downing deserves to play this week as he is revelling in the role behind Sakho and Valencia. As for after, I presume he was bought a good bit ago but he still could do great vs Newcastle. I'd nearly be starting both tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Silva or Siggy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Silva or Siggy?

To transfer in, Silva I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is Kevin Nolan a step too far for my wild mad splurge before conformity, templateicity (may have made this word up) and strength in numbers approach reigns supreme again next week?

Do we have any West Ham fans or anyone who could hazard a guess as to whether he'd start on Sunday? I know Allardyce has mentioned shoring up the defence which could be code for dropping one of Sakho or Valencia for a 5th mid in Nolan. I really want to do it as a reward for all my restraint so far. I'd go with Downing otherwise.

Backstory to the madness: Rooney and Ramsey injured. Taking a hit to replace them and wildcarding next week so have a free roll of the dice. Bringing in RVP and have 7.3 to spend on a mid of my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Is Kevin Nolan a step too far for my wild mad splurge before conformity, templateicity (may have made this word up) and strength in numbers approach reigns supreme again next week?

Do we have any West Ham fans or anyone who could hazard a guess as to whether he'd start on Sunday? I know Allardyce has mentioned shoring up the defence which could be code for dropping one of Sakho or Valencia for a 5th mid in Nolan. I really want to do it as a reward for all my restraint so far. I'd go with Downing otherwise.

Backstory to the madness: Rooney and Ramsey injured. Taking a hit to replace them and wildcarding next week so have a free roll of the dice. Bringing in RVP and have 7.3 to spend on a mid of my choice.

Just going to throw this out as a bit of a mad one: Milner. Has started the last 3 league games and didn't start midweek (though he did come on at half time). Seems to be in good for also and will be up against a shaky Villa defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Get lampard mr p

Just going to throw this out as a bit of a mad one: Milner. Has started the last 3 league games and didn't start midweek (though he did come on at half time). Seems to be in good for also and will be up against a shaky Villa defence.

I like it, if we go that direction what about Lampard :D

Funny, I was going to suggest him too, but thought he might be too 'mainstream' for you. He does have over 1% ownership after all!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Get lampard mr p

Posted before I saw this :pac: It's just the whole home to QPR that caught my eye, with Nolan showing his scoring touch without being rewarded.

I need to sit down and have another think. Get the creative juices flowing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

FutureGuy wrote: »
    To transfer in, Silva I think.

It's wildcard time so yeah, thats what I was thinking of. But I'm giving myself options and asking the crowd.
    It's either: ADM, Sterling, Fabregas, Silva, Jedinak with Pelle, Costa and Ulloa
    or ADM, Sterling, Fab, Jedinak, Elmohammady with aguero, Costa and Ulloa
    or ADM, Sterling, Fab, Chadli Siggy with Pelle, Costa and Ulloa.

Wildcard Season brings out the indecisive person in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not really as you can then get tadic if need be. Wellbeck is the cheapest way into arsenals great fixtures.
    Where I'm not usually into this needing attacking coverage from every good team business, I do agree with you on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

km79 wrote: »
    Ignoring the prices of your players is there no one with a worse game than those 2 ? If you are not going to start them this week not much point having both ......

My attacking team is:

Silva, Fabregas, Sterling + Downing/Dyer

Ulloa, Aguero, Diego Costa.

Downing/Dyer are decent cheap options whose prices are on an upward trajectory. I like having two like that to choose from as my last attacker, but this week it is a real selection headache.

I'm currently on Downing as I think West Ham are starting to come into decent form and QPR are absolutely hopeless away from home. Newcastle aren't much better though...........

• Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    My attacking team is:

Downing/Dyer are decent cheap options whose prices are on an upward trajectory. I like having two like that to choose from as my last attacker, but this week it is a real selection headache.

I'm currently on Downing as I think West Ham are starting to come into decent form and QPR are absolutely hopeless away from home. Newcastle aren't much better though...........
    thats a tough tough call
    I'd actually go as far as to say its 2 from fabregas downing and dyer!!!!
    if its just a straight choice in your opinion between downing and dyer I'd go downing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    thats a tough tough call
    I'd actually go as far as to say its 2 from fabregas downing and dyer!!!!
    if its just a straight choice in your opinion between downing and dyer I'd go downing
    Fabregas is a must play!!

mectavba wrote: »
    My attacking team is:

It's gotta be Downing for me. Dyer's done nothing for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's gotta be Downing for me. Dyer's done nothing for 3 weeks.

Prior to 3 weeks ago downing had done nothing for 3 years☺

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dyer scores more goals than Downing...it's an easy choice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

which be a smarter move to play dyer or welbeck?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Krul to Schmeichel done, feels good to be finally rid of him.

Nolan or Downing. Downing or Nolan. Or Lampard. Or Nolan. Or Downing....or Ben Arfa?

Kinda thought I'd have decided by now :o But I thought there'd be more solid news on Nolan by now too and I didn't anticipate reading into Downing's stats and Allardyce bigging him up for his role in the hole (calm yourself Mick). It's between the 2 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Nolan or Downing. Downing or Nolan. Or Lampard. Or Nolan. Or Downing....or Ben Arfa?

Kinda thought I'd have decided by now :o But I thought there'd be more solid news on Nolan by now too and I didn't anticipate reading into Downing's stats and Allardyce bigging him up for his role in the hole (calm yourself Mick). It's between the 2 I think.

Lampard is in great form for a player that was past it for Chelsea, unusual to see him on the pitch and not taking penalties, when Aguero scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Am tempted to bring in Mata for the next couple of games, but it would mean shipping out either Fab or Sterling, probably not a good idea but I reckon Mata will be going Hell for leather to prove to LVG that he should be in the team.

It could be a masterstroke or a total disaster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Am tempted to bring in Mata for the next couple of games, but it would mean shipping out either Fab or Sterling, probably not a good idea but I reckon Mata will be going Hell for leather to prove to LVG that he should be in the team.

It seems logical, but Mata will want to recapture his form of old to oust Rooney even though he's a more talented player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,791 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads, If I have two transfers available this week but only make one will I have two free transfers next week?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's a good shout mata hasn't really played that we'll at Utd but has great ff stats when selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Lads, If I have two transfers available this week but only make one will I have two free transfers next week?

yes

Invincible wrote: »
    It seems logical, but Mata will want to recapture his form of old to oust Rooney even though he's a more talented player.

With Rooney on his 3 match ban I figure Mata will be brought in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seriously i have no idea who to replace ramsey with!.

If i take him out ive 11.5 to spend and i already have Di Maria Sterling Fabregas and siggy.

Have Costa Pelle and wood up front with one transfer to make.

Theres no clear choice to make that i can see!.

It's a good shout mata hasn't really played that we'll at Utd but has great ff stats when selected.

I didn't see Liverpool's CL match match midweek but heard Sterling wasn't great (judging by the match thread on here anyway) but Fab looks to have possibly the more difficult game upcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Seriously i have no idea who to replace ramsey with!.

If i take him out ive 11.5 to spend and i already have Di Maria Sterling Fabregas and siggy.

Have Costa Pelle and wood up front with one transfer to make.

Theres no clear choice to make that i can see!.

Silva possibly?

Advertisement