Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah this months one was fairly bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I assumed that every month included a T Shirt :p That would have made it sort of worth it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I ordered loot crate for the first time ever. I happened to get the Geek Fuel crate for the first time ever too.

I also assumed the loot crate one always came with a t shirt, especially after they asking my t shirt size.

The loot crate one certainly was underwhelming to say the least. I was a bit happier with my geek fuel one, it came with a very nice X Fighter t shirt too :)

The previous three crates were great. I had no interested in any of this month's stuff really, except for the
    shredder mask

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Judging by Ashens video you could make that spoiler yourself with a scissors and some plastic from the green bin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thargor wrote: »
    Judging by Ashens video you could make that spoiler yourself with a scissors and some plastic from the green bin.

I was thinking the exact same tbh. Looked cheaper than some of the cheapest Poundland tat he reviews...

Yeah you definitely could. Was the only thing I liked in the crate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyone who went for the half price loot crates three months deal -

you should probably be checking you are unsubscribed at this stage if dont intend keeping for another 3 months.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭doctorwho-fan

Hello, can anyone help or direct me if this is not the right place to post. I signed up for nerdblock for 6 months, didn't see that it was automatically renewed! my mistake, but they have now taken 170 euro from me for something i don't want. I am having trouble contacting them no phone number. Have tweeted and FB still waiting for a reply since monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Hello, can anyone help or direct me if this is not the right place to post. I signed up for nerdblock for 6 months, didn't see that it was automatically renewed! my mistake, but they have now taken 170 euro from me for something i don't want. I am having trouble contacting them no phone number. Have tweeted and FB still waiting for a reply since monday.

It is really up to them if they want to refund you or not.

You can contact them on their site. https://www.nerdblock.com/contact

• Advertisement

Have sent many emails through their site. No contact yet. Why should it be up to them if they want to refund me. I have not received anything yet so therefore should be entitled to refund. Have contacted consumer agency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Have sent many emails through their site. No contact yet. Why should it be up to them if they want to refund me. I have not received anything yet so therefore should be entitled to refund. Have contacted consumer agency

Nerdblock are not based in Europe so you have no rights, and even if they were you would still not be entitled to a refund as it would not be in the first 14 days of your subscription.

They will probably refund you, then again they might not.

Thanks for that. Have to be more careful i guess. Think they are very overpriced for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Can I ask why you guys are buying all this garbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

ozmo wrote: »
    Anyone who went for the half price loot crates three months deal -

you should probably be checking you are unsubscribed at this stage if dont intend keeping for another 3 months.

i got the 3 months half price offer, and have no cancelled

anybody know of any other deals/offers on it ?
    was great value at half price but not worth the full price to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JPC2006

I just wanted to reply to this thread and make a comment on how bad the shipping is.. I was subscribed to lootcrate for 6 months but cancelled due to the poor shipping.
    For last 3 months of my subscription it could be 7 or 8th of next month before i would get previous months crate..
    Nerd block have far better shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

JPC2006 wrote: »
    I just wanted to reply to this thread and make a comment on how bad the shipping is.. I was subscribed to lootcrate for 6 months but cancelled due to the poor shipping.
    For last 3 months of my subscription it could be 7 or 8th of next month before i would get previous months crate..
    Nerd block have far better shipping

I have never (over the last year) gotten my crate "on time", If you can get some deal like the 3 months at half price I'd give it a punt, but it is no linger worth full price in my opinion.

My friend received an email from lootcrate offering 2 free crates he could send to 2 different friends , Christmas and all that.

So he's sending me 1, keep an eye out on your emails. He just had to enter my email and I received 1 like this:

roZKm3v.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    My friend received an email from lootcrate offering 2 free crates he could send to 2 different friends , Christmas and all that.

So he's sending me 1, keep an eye out on your emails. He just had to enter my email and I received 1 like this:

Lucky you

is he a current subscriber? and has he been for long?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Lucky you

is he a current subscriber? and has he been for long?

I already ordered the December crate so I filled it out with my other friends address :P

Yeah he's a current subscriber. I thought he was only subbed a few months but just asked him and he's been subbed since January. Still decent of them to give 2 bonus crates, nice touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

twinsen wrote: »
    Can I ask why you guys are buying all this garbage?

Yeah, i find it really weird that buying a random selection of crap swag-bag freebies that were left over from various conventions is considered a "bargain".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Yeah, i find it really weird that buying a random selection of crap swag-bag freebies that were left over from various conventions is considered a "bargain".

I think the original "bargain" was the fact that there was a deal on a 3 or 6 month subscription.

Personally, if I had more disposable income, I'd probably still be subscribed. Sure, most of it is complete tat, but I got 4 t-shirts out of my 6 month subscription, a copy of a book I wanted, 2 or 3 nice items that I have displayed at home and a few "this thing is cool to play with for a day or two" type items.

I think most of the attraction is that you don't know what you'll get. Sort of like buying scratch tickets or playing the lotto, for the vast majority of the time you'll get bugger all, but then on one occasion you'll get something really cool that justifies the entire endeavour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I get more pleasure out of Ashens videos bitching about them than I would out of a free subscription. It really is just a way to get rid of surplus convention stuff. Those big head models of characters from Breaking Bad/Star Wars etc that they have in every bag are a complete mystery to me, Forbidden Planet is stacked to the rafters with them for 20 quid a pop so people must be buying them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

It really is just a way to get rid of surplus convention stuff.

The best stuff is the convention stuff - but most of the things in the box lately seem to be special loot crate branded "exclusive" which somehow seems less genuine to me.

Ashen is funny allright and I have no idea the attraction of those big heads either.

The attraction though is the wrapped present/lucky bag element to it.

I was gifted two crates last year - and the stuff was very cool (decent books, tshirts, electronic thingys) - these half priced three months, not so impressive...

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    The best stuff is the convention stuff - but most of the things in the box lately seem to be special loot crate branded "exclusive" which somehow seems less genuine to me.

Ashen is funny allright and I have no idea the attraction of those big heads either.

The attraction though is the wrapped present/lucky bag element to it.

I was gifted two crates last year - and the stuff was very cool (decent books, tshirts, electronic thingys) - these half priced three months, not so impressive...

I always hated the stuff that had lootcrate logos on it. One in particular that comes to mind is the deck of "Super Fight!" cards. They were cheering from the rooftops "THIS IS A SPECIAL LOOT CRATE EXCLUSIVE DECK!". Who cares? I'd have been just as happy, if not happier, with a regular deck.

After cancelling my Geekfuel subscription, they still ended up sending me December's crate (for free) :D

Particularly like the t-shirt, loved the last t-shirt from these guys too.

bIyEE7T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

nerd block
    50% off until Monday November 30th at 11:59 PM EST.
    use promo code BLOCKFRIDAY

if your new to nerdblock and sign up via this link <SNIP> i get 5 dollars of my next block so i would appreciate it , or you get just use the normal link here https://www.nerdblock.com/

loot crate
    use promo code BOX5 for 5 dollars of a one month subscription
    use promo code BOXSW for 10 dollars off the special star wars box
    use promo code BOX5 for a 3 or more month subscription get 5 dollars off and a free months level up
    promo code LVL for 5 dollars off level up

all codes have to be used before the 01/01/16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody get Decembers crate yet caus I haven't.

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Anybody get Decembers crate yet caus I haven't.

Just got mine now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Got the email to say it's in Dublin so should have it later today hopefully, tomorrow at the latest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement