Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

You could take a risk and wait and see if anything comes up on ticketexchange if you are holding out for Grandstand seats.

I see the north stand is sold out - it must be where the Ulster fans are sitting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

Excellent - thanks a million Ssaye2!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ssaye2 wrote: »

Given the number of interpros on around that time I imagine we'll have the same farcical situation of full teams playing against seconds.

Given the number of interpros on around that time I imagine we'll have the same farcical situation of full teams playing against seconds.

Im playing - on the firsts its gonna be carnage :pac:

• Advertisement

Touch section put in on the grandstand side[/QUOTE]

What is the view like from the touch section? I go to the RDS quite a lot but always half way up in block k or j. Is the view restricted?

SuperCet wrote: »
    Touch section put in on the grandstand side

What is the view like from the touch section? I go to the RDS quite a lot but always half way up in block k or j. Is the view restricted?[/QUOTE]

Only put in on very busy matches, being on the sideline you may get a camera man on securitty guard in your way but douby it would be a hindrance they would be sitting /moving around. At this stage if you want a premium seat you can also check ticket exchange on the leinster site closer to the game, only 2 tickets available atm,

ssaye2 wrote: »
    What is the view like from the touch section? I go to the RDS quite a lot but always half way up in block k or j. Is the view restricted?

Only put in on very busy matches, being on the sideline you may get a camera man on securitty guard in your way but douby it would be a hindrance they would be sitting /moving around. At this stage if you want a premium seat you can also check ticket exchange on the leinster site closer to the game, only 2 tickets available atm,[/QUOTE]

Ok cool - will give em a go. Cheers!

• Administrators Posts: 53,655 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Be aware though that Ulster are going to give Leinster a good thumping. This is a lot of effort you are putting in to find a ticket to something that is certain to make you miserable. :)

awec wrote: »
    Be aware though that Ulster are going to give Leinster a good thumping. This is a lot of effort you are putting in to find a ticket to something that is certain to make you miserable. :)

Sure at the rate Ulster are going, we'll get a better game out of the Ravens by that point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

A fair point. Middle of the season with no silverware on the line...this is the sort of game that Ulster peak for.

:D

Buer wrote: »
    A fair point. Middle of the season with no silverware on the line...this is the sort of game that Ulster peak for.

:D

Well it all depends on whether the Leinster man of the match from the Pro 12 final is involved or not.

john-lacey-310x415.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eat My Point

Are Leinster in danger of now being the least entertaining of the 4 provinces? With Ian Madigan as the cool head who now kicks all their points?? What is this bizarro world?

What is this bizarro world???

Are Leinster in danger of now being the least entertaining of the 4 provinces? With Ian Madigan as the cool head who now kicks all their points?? What is this bizarro world?

What is this bizarro world???

In terms of "entertainment factor" I think Leinster these days almost totally rely on
    Fitzgerald
    Madigan
    Cronin
    Healy
    SOB

Heaslip

for the highlight reels. Given the injuries of Healy and SOB, Fitzgerald being a lucky dip to be available on a game-to-game basis and the fact that Cronin will hopefully have Strauss pushing him hard for gametime, and Madigan appearing to be evolving/devolving into the Jack of All / Master of none I think you're right.

It's time for the most electrifying man in sports entertainment to step up to the plate. The most under rated Irish winger of recent years. A guy who Joe refuses to pick for Ireland, questionably left out during the 6Nations win this season.

One man, and one man alone is going to return the days of Leinstertainment to our screens.

That man is
    95688.jpg

The Fannarooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Strangely chants of "Fanj, Fanj, Fanj, Fanj!" echoing around the RDS would sound pretty damn good.

Fanj and Vange sound too alike.

What about Fanny, Fanny, Fanny, Fanny instead?

But seriously. The answer is yes. We have many tidy and dutiful players, we don't have an awful lot of catalysts any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Fanj and Vange sound too alike.

What about Fanny, Fanny, Fanny, Fanny instead?

I prefer my Fanny to your Diack any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eat My Point

Fitzgerald being back is brilliant, arguably the best back in the country when on form. What's the timescale on Healy and SOB? It'll be tragic if SOB keeps getting injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fitzgerald being back is brilliant, arguably the best back in the country when on form. What's the timescale on Healy and SOB? It'll be tragic if SOB keeps getting injured

I'm actually very worried about O'Brien. I wonder will we be seeing him on the pitch at all this season.

But seriously. The answer is yes. We have many tidy and dutiful players, we don't have an awful lot of catalysts any more.

What's amazing is the talent we have in the forwards coming out of the Academy and the lack of similar talent in the back line. We can point to a couple of players like EOM or McKinley who we lost to injury, but what back 3 players have we produced in the last 2-3 years? Morris would be the pick of the bunch. Who else of note is there though?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,389 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm actually very worried about O'Brien. I wonder will we be seeing him on the pitch at all this season.

FYP :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

scott1974 wrote: »
    You Could try the Brass Monkey in the Meatpacking District.
    The owner is Irish.

Yeah cheers was going there anyway just wanted to keep you all in the loop with my travel itinerary.

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah cheers was going there anyway just wanted to keep you all in the loop with my travel itinerary.

E0O9M.gif

Mod - banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

molloyjh wrote: »
    What's amazing is the talent we have in the forwards coming out of the Academy and the lack of similar talent in the back line. We can point to a couple of players like EOM or McKinley who we lost to injury, but what back 3 players have we produced in the last 2-3 years? Morris would be the pick of the bunch. Who else of note is there though?

I would have said Dave Kearney would be the pick of the punch. Conway's doing alright as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You're becoming the Delon of the mod team. Shut up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Dave Kearney? He's a year younger than Morris who never really delivered for Leinster at all (4 starts ever).

We were never going to produce many back 3 players in the past 3 or 4 years mainly because there was no place for them. Kearney, Nacewa, McFadden and Fitzgerald had the first choice spots absolutely nailed down. There was no room at the inn.

Then Dave Kearney broke through with guys like Fionn Carr (the only one I would rather didn't get as much game time) and Madigan getting appearances in the back 3. Andrew Conway came on the scene but was impatient. He'd be getting a lot of game time in his home province if he had stayed and must be wondering what may have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Buer wrote: »
    Dave Kearney? He's a year younger than Morris who never really delivered for Leinster at all (4 starts ever).

We were never going to produce many back 3 players in the past 3 or 4 years mainly because there was no place for them. Kearney, Nacewa, McFadden and Fitzgerald had the first choice spots absolutely nailed down. There was no room at the inn.

Then Dave Kearney broke through with guys like Fionn Carr (the only one I would rather didn't get as much game time) and Madigan getting appearances in the back 3. Andrew Conway came on the scene but was impatient. He'd be getting a lot of game time in his home province if he had stayed and must be wondering what may have been.

Well in fairness Conway has just got an Ireland call up after starting H Cup games for Munster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement