Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Tox56 wrote: »
    Bib theory:
    Fitz appears to be sitting it out but I can't see a second winger so ill presume it's him.

Mick McGrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hmmm.

Ah feck is he injured again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Hagz wrote: »
    Mick McGrath?

Actually correcting myself what about Fanning? Is he injured? Cant see him in any of those pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Neil3030 wrote: »

Every game is a bonus with Luke,

Did they not say they will manage his time very cautiously, maybe he will only play when we least expect it :pac:

End of the game, seemed fine, hopefully any tests/scans after all ok too, you will drive yourself insane if we start worrying too much.

INPHO_00860861.jpg

• Advertisement

Actually correcting myself what about Fanning? Is he injured? Cant see him in any of those pictures

Surely deserves a break most minutes of anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Well he's not even stripped to train and he has a face like a smacked arse so something is up.

Hopefully it's just tightness after his first game in so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

I wouldn't be too surprised if Luke was given extra recovery days compared to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

INPHO_00862108.jpg

Hmmm.

1st game in 7 months an he plays 80mins. Should be rested to give the body time to easy into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

stephen_n wrote: »
    True enough, but refs seem to pick up on dropping the bind quicker, dark arts of the front row. Still prefer him at LH but he is doing a good job at TH considering.

I was wondering about this, during scrums when the Ref was not on Bents side the Castres prop directly after set would wrap his arm around and push it into Bents chest. Did anyone else notice this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's a 5 day turn-around. Don't want to take any extra risks with Luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Theta wrote: »
    I was wondering about this, during scrums when the Ref was not on Bents side the Castres prop directly after set would wrap his arm around and push it into Bents chest. Did anyone else notice this?

Some refs would interpret that as trying to hold a bind with Bent dropping off, others would see it as not binding correctly, it's a bit of a lottery but more often than not the ref will penalise dropping the bind.

For some strange reason the other officials seem to give little or no help to the ref when he's on the other side of the scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Surely deserves a break most minutes of anyone

Yeah that would make sense alright. Although when Rob K, Dave K, McFadden and Luke Fitz come back his minutes will naturally go down so I wouldn't be too worried about overplaying him. He has had a huge workload recently though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

stephen_n wrote: »
    Some refs would interpret that as trying to hold a bind with Bent dropping off, others would see it as not binding correctly, it's a bit of a lottery but more often than not the ref will penalise dropping the bind.

For some strange reason the other officials seem to give little or no help to the ref when he's on the other side of the scrum.

It was odd, it almost looked like he was pushing Bent up or putting pressure on his chest when the ref wasnt around because Bent would try get his hand off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ben Teo speaks to the media....

Interview with a Vangepire, you might say....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Ben Teo speaks to the media....

Interview with a Vangepire, you might say....

:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

ssaye2 wrote: »
    End of the game, seemed fine, hopefully any tests/scans after all ok too, you will drive yourself insane if we start worrying too much.

INPHO_00860861.jpg

That has to be one of the worst pics of Luke I have ever seen, can't imagine he is too pleased with it either...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

In complete contrast to:

vcs2ts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah that would make sense alright. Although when Rob K, Dave K, McFadden and Luke Fitz come back his minutes will naturally go down so I wouldn't be too worried about overplaying him. He has had a huge workload recently though

It'd be more a case of resting the muscles after 80 minutes after a long period of no rugby. No amount of rehab replaces the pain of playing for the first time in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Also, anyone know if anywhere in NYC will be showing this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

.ak wrote: »

Shutup .ak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

You Could try the Brass Monkey in the Meatpacking District.
    The owner is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There's some really nice places in the South Bronx that you should try. In fact, it would be unfair to name any single place. Just wander around the area and some of the locals will surely be happy to help by directing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Thanos wrote: »
    That has to be one of the worst pics of Luke I have ever seen, can't imagine he is too pleased with it either...............

You obviously don't remember the 'happily married' pics of Luke and Madigan that did the rounds a few years ago before being taken down rather rapidly

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Pretty sure the Blue Oyster Bar shows the matches

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Go to the Brass Monkey. Watching the France 6N match there in March was one of the happiest days of my life. The time difference legitimizes early drinking too. If you're looking for somewhere smaller / bit quieter try Dorian Grey in the East Village. Since it's an Irish match there will be a good few places showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but just wondering if the post Christmas match against Ulster is already mostly sold out, or do the tickets normally go on sale in a staggered manner?

There's nothing showing for the Grandstand and only a splattering of single seats for the Anglesea... Tried to get tickets for the same game last year for the Grandstand but couldn't get any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭LostArt

The Christmas/New Year games always sell really well if not sell out completely, I'd imagine what's up there is all that's left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

Feck - had been keeping my eyes peeled for the last couple of weeks and only saw them on sale recently. That's a pain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement