Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

How do I get 10 off 40 spend? Do I need a Dunnes card?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

gherkin wrote: »
    Or buy a 50 euro gift card with your card first...:)

Does that work??? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 gherkin

d1980 wrote: »
    Does that work??? Thanks

Worked for me a very long time ago with Boots, haven't tried recently.
    But I don't see why it shouldn't work. the bank can only see how much you spend with Dunnes, they don't know what you bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Anyone know if Hennessy is on offer in Dunnes ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,263 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Moyglish wrote: »
    Anyone know if Hennessy is on offer in Dunnes ATM?

Yes it's €25 for 700ml, think it expires end of Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

snor wrote: »
    I do all My shopping in Tescos but I got no money off vouchers from them at all this Christmas. Got lots for Dunne’s and S valu. Don’t feel like a valued tesco customer at all!

Same with me. My mam who doesn't really use them at all got loads of 5 off 25 vouchers. I popped her card into my rewards app on my phone and have her vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RuasMum

Hi folks,

My friend has sent me her €10 off €50 dunnes vouchers, when's at the checkout can I just have them scanned with a picture on my phone? Or does it have to be the actual printed receipt??

TIA

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RuasMum wrote: »
    Hi folks,

My friend has sent me her €10 off €50 dunnes vouchers, when's at the checkout can I just have them scanned with a picture on my phone? Or does it have to be the actual printed receipt??

TIA
    They will work if scanned from the phone but depending on who you're dealing with, they might refuse to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RuasMum

Quackster wrote: »
    They will work if scanned from the phone but depending on who you're dealing with, they might refuse to do so.

Ok grand, thanks, I'll cross my fingers and give it a go ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Guys quick Q couldn’t see the answer, I don’t normally shop in Dunne’s so not too familiar if I have a 10 off 50 voucher do I need to spend 50 or 60 euro on the next shop which would work out at 40 and 50 after using the voucher to get another voucher, hope that make sense TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Guys quick Q couldn’t see the answer, I don’t normally shop on Dunne’s so not too familiar if I have a 10 off 50 voucher so I need to spend 50 or 60 euro on the next shop which would work out at 40 and 50 after using the voucher to get another voucher, hope that make sense TIA

U need to spend 50 to get a 10 off voucher and you need to spend 50 in your next shop for the voucher to be used so only your second €50 shop will be reduced to €40

U need to spend 50 to get a 10 off voucher and you need to spend 50 in your next shop for the voucher to be used so only your second €50 shop will be reduced to €40

Sorry still a little confused, I have a voucher already, I know I need to spend 50 to use it and bill will be reduced to 40, but will I get another voucher in that transaction or would it need to be 60 euro with 10 off so a net spend of 50 again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sorry still a little confused, I have a voucher already, I know I need to spend 50 to use it and bill will be reduced to 40, but will I get another voucher in that transaction or would it need to be 60 euro with 10 off so a net spend of 50 again?

No you will get another voucher for 10 off 50...even though you technically only spent 40

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Yes once your original tally hits 50 u get another voucher regardless of final bill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

You will still get the voucher. You don't need to spend 60

Yes once your original tally hits 50 u get another voucher regardless of final bill

Super thanks, was hoping it worked that way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got a voucher yesterday with exp date of 26th. Thought they used to add on closure dates?

M

TheDriver wrote: »
    I got a voucher yesterday with exp date of 26th. Thought they used to add on closure dates?

That stopped about a month or so ago.

That stopped about a month or so ago.
    No, to take account of the days all their stores would be closed, they always added on two extra days to vouchers that would otherwise have expired on Christmas or Stephen's Days and one extra day to vouchers that would otherwise have expired on New Year's Day or Easter Sunday.

M

Quackster wrote: »
    No, to take account of the days all their stores would be closed, they always added on two extra days to vouchers that would otherwise have expired on Christmas or Stephen's Days and one extra day to vouchers that would otherwise have expired on New Year's Day or Easter Sunday.

Didn't think of that, hopefully the same this year, nothing worse than having to start back from scratch.

I overheard someone working in LIDL saying they are not open Stephens Day. Asda in the UK also doing this for their staff, I can imagine a lot of places will do it.

• Advertisement

Didn't think of that, hopefully the same this year, nothing worse than having to start back from scratch.

I overheard someone working in LIDL saying they are not open Stephens Day. Asda in the UK also doing this for their staff, I can imagine a lot of places will do it.
    A voucher I got on Saturday also has the 26th as the expiry date which does seem odd.

AFAIR, Aldi & Lidl here have never opened on Stephen's Day. Only some Tesco and SuperValu outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

gherkin wrote: »
    Or buy a 50 euro gift card with your card first...:)

Bought a Dunnes €50 gift card on Friday - got a fiver back from TSB today.

Thanks for that tip - would never have thought of doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got an email off Dunnes tonight with €10 off a €40 shop on a digital voucher which can be scanned at the checkout, valid until 24th Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnkieran1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Got an email off Dunnes tonight with €10 off a €40 shop on a digital voucher which can be scanned at the checkout, valid until 24th Dec.

I got the same digital voucher.

Is this one voucher regardless of how much you spend or is it €10 off for every €40 you spend.

e.g if I spend €200 in Dunnes today do I get €50 off?

It's just the T&Cs say "Multiple vouchers can be used once the sum of the voucher threshold spend is met".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I got the same digital voucher.

Is this one voucher regardless of how much you spend or is it €10 off for every €40 you spend.

e.g if I spend €200 in Dunnes today do I get €50 off?

It's just the T&Cs say "Multiple vouchers can be used once the sum of the voucher threshold spend is met".

Voucher itself can be used only once .

The multiple vouchers refers to using more than one voucher per transaction.

i.e. €92 euro spend you can use your 10 off 40 and 10 off 50 euro voucher (so two vouchers)

€142 euro spend, 10 off 40, 10 off 50 and 10 off 50, 3 vouchers used.

Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnkieran1

Voucher itself can be used only once .

The multiple vouchers refers to using more than one voucher per transaction.

i.e. €92 euro spend you can use your 10 off 40 and 10 off 50 euro voucher (so two vouchers)

€142 euro spend, 10 off 40, 10 off 50 and 10 off 50, 3 vouchers used.

Etc.

Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Hi everyone, does anyone know where I could get a 10 off 50 voucher today? Maybe in a newspaper or an email form. I had 2 but they must have gone in the recycling by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Just found a 10 off voucher that expired yesterday...any chance they will still let me use it if i ask nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

LowOdour wrote: »
    Just found a 10 off voucher that expired yesterday...any chance they will still let me use it if i ask nicely!

no
    but if you ask really nicely they might have a voucher knocking around.
    i think the older checkout ladies are a better option for this, the young ones dont give a damn.
    having said that, i've often rolled up and forgotten my vouchers and never been lucky enough to get one :(

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    no
    but if you ask really nicely they might have a voucher knocking around.
    i think the older checkout ladies are a better option for this, the young ones dont give a damn.
    having said that, i've often rolled up and forgotten my vouchers and never been lucky enough to get one :(
    Whenever I've a spare I know I won't use, I leave it at the checkout. They've always been more than happy to hold on to them to use whenever someone rocks up without one. I see it happening pretty regularly in my local stores.

Advertisement