Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Quackster wrote: »
    Whenever I've a spare I know I won't use, I leave it at the checkout. They've always been more than happy to hold on to them to use whenever someone rocks up without one. I see it happening pretty regularly in my local stores.

yes have done the same

its just pot luck if there is one knocking around when you check out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Does anyone know if you can use the Dunnes vouchers (the ones that come in the quarterly mailing) to purchase Dunnes gift cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Does anyone know if you can use the Dunnes vouchers (the ones that come in the quarterly mailing) to purchase Dunnes gift cards ?

No you can’t

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

No you can’t

Feck. Thanks for the info .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got a €10 off a €40 spend by email which I can scan at the till.
    Valid until 18th January but will be used for drink this weekend before that stops ;).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Got a €10 off a €40 spend by email which I can scan at the till.
    Valid until 18th January but will be used for drink this weekend before that stops ;).

I have 3 * 10-off-50 vouchers here- what is the best value alcohol in Dunnes at the moment- looking for quality rather than quantity. I know they have Redbreast and Greenspot- any idea of prices, and how they might compare with O'Briens or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

I have 3 * 10-off-50 vouchers here- what is the best value alcohol in Dunnes at the moment- looking for quality rather than quantity. I know they have Redbreast and Greenspot- any idea of prices, and how they might compare with O'Briens or elsewhere?

Yellow Spot 83 e then 81.65 less 20% means 65.32
    Green Spot 62 e then 60.99 less 20% means 48.79
    Redbreast 63.50 then 62.47 less 20% means 49.98

first is vat at 23%, next vat @21%. third is less 20%

O'briens are 78.65 for yellow, 61.98 redbreast, no green listed.

Bad news is Dunnes are shy of any of these.....Portmarnock or Pavillions Swords

sceach16 wrote: »

Thanks- popped into Cornelscourt on the way into work. They have a special display of Redbreast by the swing door at the exit to the alcohol section- nabbed 3 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Ì have several of the "€5 off €20" vouchers, does anybody know if I can use them in the one transaction? I want to buy something for €60 and use 3 of the vouchers to get €15 off. Thanks in advance.

Ì have several of the "€5 off €20" vouchers, does anybody know if I can use them in the one transaction? I want to buy something for €60 and use 3 of the vouchers to get €15 off. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 frenchpoodle

Can i use a 10e off 40 e,and a 10 e off 50e on a 50e transaction , or do i need to spend 90e ?

Can i use a 10e off 40 e,and a 10 e off 50e on a 50e transaction , or do i need to spend 90e ?

Your spend needs to be €90 to get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

You'd need to spend 90.

sceach16 wrote: »

Colonelscourt now out of all of these (and Couvosier and pretty much anything of good quality). Manager says they sold more alcohol today across their stores than any other day ever. The amount of alcohol being sold there was staggering.

Colonelscourt now out of all of these (and Couvosier and pretty much anything of good quality). Manager says they sold more alcohol today across their stores than any other day ever. The amount of alcohol being sold there was staggering.

There's a surprise, everybody using up their vouchers on the last day before they go food only.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Selected Valueclub members receive an exclusive offer of (1) €5 off €20 voucher upon swiping their card in a transaction of at least €1
    Anyone know what 'selected' members qualify? Anyone get one these till spits?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Dunnes have e mailed me 2 x €10 off €40 vouchers in the last fortnight. Vouchers last for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

My local Dunnes has been heaving last few times I've gone, no way they could be following regulations. It looked like they're allowing enough customers in for the square footage of drapery also, really felt unsafe.

Wish they'd extend the vouchers a bit more. My last two have gone out of date because I just didn't feel like 'risking' it. SV click and collect feels much better for the mo, even if the prices aren't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's same as reserve and collect which is very much click and collect.
    What's the story with 10 off 40?. Is used, do u get another or is that only 10 off 50? Last 50 shop I got a 10 off 50 and 10 off 40

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

zell12 wrote: »
    Anyone know what 'selected' members qualify? Anyone get one these till spits?

Not sure tbh, but I did a shop last Thursday and got a fiver off voucher for sun-wed.

Did a shop today and got a fiver voucher sun-wed, on a 120 spend, last week was around the same.

So I presume if you shop Thursday, Friday or Saturday you will get a fiver voucher, from that anyway.

• Advertisement

Did a shop today and got a fiver voucher sun-wed, on a 120 spend, last week was around the same.

Did you not get 2 x €10 off €50 spend as well as the €5 off with a €120 spend?

Did you not get 2 x €10 off €50 spend as well as the €5 off with a €120 spend?

Yeah....it seems to be a promotion they run every so often.

I usually have 2 vouchers so try to keep the bill as close to 100 as I can, it still generates the extra fiver voucher, so I don't think the fiver is related to spend.

Yeah....it seems to be a promotion they run every so often.

I usually have 2 vouchers so try to keep the bill as close to 100 as I can, it still generates the extra fiver voucher, so I don't think the fiver is related to spend.

No. It’s permanently run for ages now.
    Spend over 50 and you get a voucher back for 10 off 50, but if you shop between Thursday to Saturday, they give you a second voucher for 5 off 20 which will only be valid from the Sunday to Wednesday. You will only get one 5 off 20 voucher back no matter how much you spend.
    If you are spending a hundred, you are better off splitting it into 2 seve rate 50 spends.

Seve OB wrote: »
    No. It’s permanently run for ages now.
    Spend over 50 and you get a voucher back for 10 off 50, but if you shop between Thursday to Saturday, they give you a second voucher for 5 off 20 which will only be valid from the Sunday to Wednesday. You will only get one 5 off 20 voucher back no matter how much you spend.
    If you are spending a hundred, you are better off splitting it into 2 seve rate 50 spends.

The fiver stopped for a while.

Yeah I would be better off to split it unfortunately I don't have the patience for that

Got an email off Dunnes tonight with a €10 off a €40 voucher which is scanned so no need to print.
    Don't really shop there anymore so presume it's to get me back in?

Got an email off Dunnes tonight with a €10 off a €40 voucher which is scanned so no need to print.
    Don't really shop there anymore so presume it's to get me back in?

I’m still not getting these emails. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ditto, caller. I feel most unloved

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Does anyone know if you get a 10 off 40 back if you use one like the 10off50

TheDriver wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get a 10 off 40 back if you use one like the 10off50

No- you get another 10-off-50 back in its stead.

• Advertisement

I lost my card months ago and took a new card and registered my email on it
    and have received at least three, €10 off €40 vouchers but rarely shop there.
    OH has the original card, gets no vouchers by email and she uses it a
    good bit.
    The voucher I got today has an expiry date of 20th Feb so 16 days.

Advertisement