Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ok, teasing it out further, alcohol definitely can no longer count towards any spend that generates a spend & save voucher and spend & save vouchers issued as part of loyalty schemes are banned too. So that's enough of a spanner to mean that supermarkets' best course of action will be to just completely remove alcohol from the mix altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Westeros wrote: »
    Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

Quackster wrote: »
    Legally this prohibition will apply to all supermarket loyalty schemes but doesn't come into force until January 12th next year.

I'd be surprised at Dunnes implementing this early in the run up to Christmas.

Early November days but still using and getting vouchers for booze in Pavillions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Can anyone recommend a Dunnes with a decent whiskey selection on the northside? Time to stock up I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

stimpson wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Dunnes with a decent whiskey selection on the northside? Time to stock up I think.

Pavillions (Swords), Portmarnock, North Earl st, Henry Street have green spot, yellow spot, john lane, redbreast 12, Mvr as well as 3 swallows, caskmates etc.

These are one I have seen in October. Dont know about others (and Scotch!).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.
    Quackster wrote: »
    Legally this prohibition will apply to all supermarket loyalty schemes but doesn't come into force until January 12th next year.

supermarkets have been getting in swing doors in their off licence sections.
    This legally comes into effect on 12th November. I wondered if the checkout lady was getting the 2 mixed up. Might have been told about the 12th jan date, then heard people talking of the second law and thought they were all the same law coming in on the same date.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    This legally comes into effect on 12th November. I wondered if the checkout lady was getting the 2 mixed up. Might have been told about the 12th jan date, then heard people talking of the second law and thought they were all the same law coming in on the same date.
    Yeah, was thinking the same. There'd be no benefit to Dunnes pulling the vouchers early just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Ah that could be it! I thought it strange that they would do this before Christmas too. She did say she wasn’t sure when in November and that they weren’t told a specific date, just that vouchers and offers on alcohol were stopping in November. Quite possibly got the two laws mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah that could be it! I thought it strange that they would do this before Christmas too. She did say she wasn’t sure when in November and that they weren’t told a specific date, just that vouchers and offers on alcohol were stopping in November. Quite possibly got the two laws mixed up.
    I asked in my store the other night and the two staff members knew nothing about it, they were shocked to hear it. The doors were installed this week after they switched the aisle where drink is located last week.

I had a family member say that there was a message sent into a WhatsApp group saying they were ending the 12th, really feel it's confusion between the two things over anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

Have they stopped the €5 off €20 spend on Sunday to Wednesday offers? Stopped in my local Dunnes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LeslieMayo81

Have they stopped the €5 off €20 spend on Sunday to Wednesday offers? Stopped in my local Dunnes anyway.

I think it’s since level 5 was introduced. It will reduce people going in midweek just to spend the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I think it’s since level 5 was introduced. It will reduce people going in midweek just to spend the vouchers.

So is the normal voucher time extended again to allow people to shop less regularly? Stopped going to dunnes since the time was reduced. Liked going every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

jaffa20 wrote: »
    So is the normal voucher time extended again to allow people to shop less regularly? Stopped going to dunnes since the time was reduced. Liked going every other week.

Yes, was in Dunnes last Sat (Nov 7) and expiry date on vouchers I got is Nov 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Yes, the Eur 10 vouchers currently has a 14 day validity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/valueclub-term-promotions

i cant see it here anymore
    is it gone now?

i think you used to have to spend over 50 between thursday to sunday and would get an extra 5 voucher to spend the following mon-wed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got the Dunnes Christmas valuecard vouchers in the post, 4 x €10 off a €40 spend and a €25 off a €100 spend starting this week up to Christmas week.
    Better than the shop and save vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Got the Dunnes Christmas valuecard vouchers in the post, 4 x €10 off a €40 spend and a €25 off a €100 spend starting this week up to Christmas week.

Has everyone received these?

I changed address recently, emailed them, they confirmed details were updated etc, but now I have the fear ....

Has everyone received these?

I changed address recently, emailed them, they confirmed details were updated etc, but now I have the fear ....
    Nope, not yet. They generally send them out in batches over a two-week period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

same here...do they work on home items ?

Me neither. They never send me any vouchers anymore

Seve OB wrote: »
    Me neither. They never send me any vouchers anymore

Are you sure your card is registered? You can log on to their site and see your balance etc.

Even before I did a full shop there I'd generate something each quarter.

• Advertisement

Are you sure your card is registered? You can log on to their site and see your balance etc.

Even before I did a full shop there I'd generate something each quarter.

Yup
    Get the money off for whatever points, but it the vouchers referred to above 10 off 40 that I never get anymore, haven’t in years now

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yup
    Get the money off for whatever points, but it the vouchers referred to above 10 off 40 that I never get anymore, haven’t in years now

That's weird as they usually come in the same booklet, at Christmas/Easter.....I'd send customer service and email it will take you 5 mins and you might get something.

The first one of mine expires 22/11 which is very short dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Same.

Tesco just sent clubcard points vouchers, no spend & save which i thought was surprising this time of year. Anyone get any from tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

123654789 wrote: »
    Same.

Tesco just sent clubcard points vouchers, no spend & save which i thought was surprising this time of year. Anyone get any from tesco?
    Yeah, there is a big thread here. I got 6x €15 off €70

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678367

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

123654789 wrote: »
    Same.

Yeah, got Tesco vouchers, 20 off 120 spend.

Yeah, there is a big thread here. I got 6x €15 off €70

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055678367
    gerard2210 wrote: »
    Yeah, got Tesco vouchers, 20 off 120 spend.

I’d rather the 15 off 70 but even Tesco don’t send me anything either

Wonder how popular these will be next year when the booze doesn't count? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I just got my €4.50 voucher, nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

tscul32 wrote: »
    I just got my €4.50 voucher, nothing else.

Me too! Got my regular money back vouchers but no ‘money off certain spend vouchers’. A bit peeved as I do all My shopping there. May need to think about that one!

Advertisement