Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermac's food on a plate

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Had Fish & Chips there a few times and pretty sure they gave me a paper plate and plastic utensils.

Then, maybe I had a look about like I'd harm someone if they gave me real ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Jesus, no need to rub it in!!!!

Its actually called the super fry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

The Peanut wrote: »
    Have to stop reading these threads. Already had ****e lunch due to chipper thread.

This one's on a plate. Posh

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

mad muffin wrote: »
    It goes thus:

Burger King

McDonalds

Road kill

SuperMacs

I try to keep fast food to a minimum but supermacs is far superior to burger king or mc****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't see how anyone could say mcdonalds is better than supremacs with a straight face. At least supremacs you know, tastes good, not bland or watery like that mcdonalds ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Supermacs sauces are just too disgusting.

There was a time when you could justify eating in those kips, but a Quarter Pounder is almost €7 now.
    I'd much rather Eddie's, GBK or even Nicks that eat the anemic muck that Supermacs and McDonald's have the cheek to call burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Get Real

I try to keep fast food to a minimum but supermacs is far superior to burger king or mc****.

Dear lord no. Supermacs reminds me of an early 1990s Maccers or BK. Sh1tty plastic, luminous seating, trying desperately to be a mix between a local chipper and an international chain.

And people who look for "proper chipper burgers" I don't get it. If you like the taste, thats grand, but a chipper/supermacs burger has that taste because its maybe 80% beef, then eggs and fillers.

Something that would back up this is go to a Chipper/ Supermacs and order a plain burger with no bun, then do the same in a maccers or bk. Without all the supermacs burger sauce (which I love) you'll notice the patty is a thin, pale piece of crap. Mcd or whatever will also be thin, but better texture and the taste of beef. That "real burger" taste is spices and eggs added. Even here with Big Als "homestyle" burgers, scroll down to ingredients:

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=279570847

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

efb wrote: »
    Breakfast yes, otherwise no

breakfast yes, but, if ya order the cod ya not only get a plate but ya get proper thick cut chips ;)

When I was growing up my local wimpy served everything on a delph plate with proper cutlery. And knickerbockerglory's in tall glasses with long spoons.

Proper posh nosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

It goes thus:

Burger King

McDonalds

Road kill

SuperMacs

Supermacs whilst average at best is substantially better than mcdonalds or burger king.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

dirtyden wrote: »
    Supermacs whilst average at best is substantially better than mcdonalds or burger king.

I must disagree in the most strongest of terms.

*takes boxing stance*

I'm barred from supermacs in carlow.
    Thanks be to fook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I must disagree in the most strongest of terms.

*takes boxing stance*

I have not eaten in either of the three in years so I am only going on hazy drunken memory. I stand by it though.

dirtyden wrote: »

Agreed when it comes to chicken burgers anyway.

Chicken burgers in BK and McDonald's and processed muck that doesn't even resemble chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I like Supermacs. I'd prefer to eat there than any of the rest of the fast food outlets on offer. Their chips and their ice cream are particularly superior to McD's & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ate in the one on Eyre square, once. It is literally 'Bog standard' food that I wouldnt give my dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I'm surprised to see so much hatred for Supermacs here. Look, it is firmly in the franchised fast food category so its never going to be fine cuisine but it is far better than McD and BK. The chips are a decent thickness and actually look like they've been made from potato unlike the stringy floury crap you get in other places.

Their chicken breast sandwich burger is actually quite succulent (when not overcooked), and their curry is quite nasty.

But the most important thing is that you don't feel hungry again 45 mins after eating a Supermacs

oh..and they have the creamiest ice cream by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Agreed on the chips, Supermacs chips are far better than the crap in MacDonalds or Burger King or KFC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Supermacs do breakfast? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

When did Superslaps start serving food?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Someone would voluntarily have their breakfast in Supermacs ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

McDermotX wrote: »
    Someone would voluntarily have their breakfast in Supermacs ??

My dad actually likes their breakfast and hasn't eaten anything else from the place...

Ate in the one on Eyre square, once. It is literally 'Bog standard' food that I wouldnt give my dog

Fast Food tends to be low standard. It started out as a regular small town chipper...were you expecting something that wasn't fast food??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Supermacs is getting a bit of slack here but from my experience they generally serve clean, freshly prepared food. As far as fast food goes in Ireland, you can do a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Fairly weird how anything to do with Supermacs ends up in a ****storm of Dubs venting at the rest of the country. What is the specific problem that Dubs have with the rest of the country?

What is the specific problem that Dubs have with the rest of the country?

It's not Dublin...

I don't get it much myself. In fairness, I suppose it doesn't help that a lot of people outside of Dublin don't like the city that much. When they voice that, people from there get defensive. I didn't like it growing up. I thought it was an awful place in the 90's. It's gotten much nicer now....

The whole Culchies and Jackeens thing has gotten a bit tired

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What is the specific problem that Dubs have with the rest of the country?

Supermacs.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Super-Rush wrote: »
    When did Superslaps start serving food?

When "Papa John" moved in. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I really liked Supermacs when I was younger, then I started reading boards and now have an irrational fear of the place.

Fcuking boards ruins everything!

Advertisement