Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermac's food on a plate

Options
  • 16-09-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

Have you ever been in Supermac's and noticed people being served their food on a big white plate?

How does that work? I've noticed it's generally older people who seem more rural in their location, maybe making a trip to the city (I've observed this phenomenon in Galway). Are the staff members told that they're older and a but isolated and more set in their ways, and want their dinner on a plate?
    Or do they have to ask for it on a plate?

It just looks weird seeing a normal ceramic plate in a fast-food place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Have you ever been in Supermac's

jesus... no.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you ever been in Supermac's ..

No.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Have to stop reading these threads. Already had ****e lunch due to chipper thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

God I love Supermacs! Have never seen that myself in the one on O'Connell St or Westmoreland St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Breakfast yes, otherwise no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Supermac's food should be served from a trough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Worked in Supermacs when I was a kid. Got a lot of older people coming in and asking "Do ya do sit-down meals?". I usually didn't know what they meant so told them "yes, you can sit down on the chairs there". Never served anyone food on a plate other than breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you order fish in some Supermac's it comes on a plate with a little side salad. You also get a metal knife and fork. They only started doing this in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see auld lads in a chipper near me get it on paper plates. This is a normal italian style chipper with high chairs at the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Have you ever been in Supermac's and noticed people being served their food on a big white plate?

How does that work? I've noticed it's generally older people who seem more rural in their location, maybe making a trip to the city (I've observed this phenomenon in Galway). Are the staff members told that they're older and a but isolated and more set in their ways, and want their dinner on a plate?

If you order breakfast yes.
    If you order the Cod and chips yes.

Anything else........gtfo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

How many Michelin stars has the Galway Supermacs attained now? Is it that they're going for their third? :confused:

Oh wait, the Simon Community do better food for free. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Last time I was in one (Salthill) I got the plate, knifes and fork treatment and I'm old :(

I felt like a real hotshot there munching into my Chicken Breast Sandwich meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've only seen it once or twice, it was people ordering fish and chips.

God I'd love a supermacs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

How does that work?.

Generally the restaurant will put the food on a plate to give it an appetising appearance and should also supply you implements to take the food from the plate and into your mouth. I generally find thats how it works. Some of these places even have electric candles and toilets that you sit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

they normally serve breakfast on regular plates

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I've never been in Supermac's for breakfast (I have some standards), but it does seem to be usually fish and chips people are eating off plates, though I'm sure I've seen the odd snack box. I don't see why they can't just throw the fish in a snack-box box.
    c_man wrote: »
    Last time I was in one (Salthill) I got the plate, knifes and fork treatment and I'm old :(

I felt like a real hotshot there munching into my Chicken Breast Sandwich meal.

Yeah, they've marked you. Watch out for them making you sit next to the toilets soon in case you need to make a dash.

While I'm asking Supermac's questions: can anyone who's worked there confirm what I've always suspected, that they raise the prices on Saturday nights after everyone's spilled out of the late bars and clubs and is too drunk to notice/convincingly argue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'm too good for Supermacs :cool:

Yes, I have seen people getting served with the white plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    God I love Supermacs! Have never seen that myself in the one on O'Connell St or Westmoreland St.

I worked in the ocs one for a few years. Breakfasts, or cod + chips are served on a plate with proper cutlery.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

The one in Eyre Square Galway always has a lot of homeless people who avail of the paper with a cup of tea in the morning. I always feel a slight guilt when eating my super fry.

Have never seen the white plates been used after breakfast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've never been in Supermac's for breakfast (I have some standards), but it does seem to be usually fish and chips people are eating off plates, though I'm sure I've seen the odd snack box. I don't see why they can't just throw the fish in a snack-box box.

Yeah, they've marked you. Watch out for them making you sit next to the toilets soon in case you need to make a dash.

While I'm asking Supermac's questions: can anyone who's worked there confirm what I've always suspected, that they raise the prices on Saturday nights after everyone's spilled out of the late bars and clubs and is too drunk to notice/convincingly argue?
    The fish doesn't fit in a snack box.

No, they don't raise the prices. Only good thing I can say about the kip. Franchises have different prices, though. The Blackrock branch is higher in price than the ocs store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

If you order fish in some Supermac's it comes on a plate with a little side salad. You also get a metal knife and fork. They only started doing this in the last 18 months.
    I once made the mistake of ordering fish from Supermacs in Cobh a few years back. I was there for a day trip only and knew no better - ****ing inedible.

Awful stuff.

Dino's in Kinsale though. Woah, that was tasty stuff, would love to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

I've never been in Supermac's for breakfast (I have some standards)

It is actually a decent breakfast surprisingly although the sausages are a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Never heard of that practice.

If it pleases the elderly folk let them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

There are 4 Supermacs in Ballinasloe. The only decent thing about that festering knacker ridden hellhole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The one in Eyre Square Galway always has a lot of homeless people who avail of the paper with a cup of tea in the morning. I always feel a slight guilt when eating my super fry.
    Jesus, no need to rub it in!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I haven't been in Supermacs for years. Does the food still have the laxative effect? As I recall it went through the body fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I sat down at a Supermacs once and was waiting forever for someone to take my order. *looks at watch and looks around nervously* :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't been in Supermacs for years. Does the food still have the laxative effect? As I recall it went through the body fairly quickly.

You probably just have a bad digestive system!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It goes thus:

Burger King

McDonalds

Road kill

SuperMacs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You probably just have a bad digestive system!

Only ever experienced it with Supermacs.:p

Advertisement