Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclocross Season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

nak wrote: »
    One naughty person got a telling off after swapping bikes as he didn't swap the number over to the pit bike.

Ah, I guess for there next Connacht CX race they will have proper CX numbers printed out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Ah, I guess for there next Connacht CX race they will have proper CX numbers printed out...

Would be good, but doubt it for this season as most don't have pit bikes and the numbers aren't a problem for mountain bikers as they wouldn't be putting their hands on the tops. The B race was mostly mountain bikers, few in the A race too.

They had a good setup - proper toilets, showers, sign-on indoors which is an added bonus for the volunteers, plus sandwiches and tea and coffee afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nevskin

Rode the B race yesterday ( on a CX bike) .. thoroughly enjoyable.. Great course, challenging with lots of elements to keep it interesting. Huge effort by the Galway crew to pull this together- UCG is a great location. Having access to easy parking, showers, plus the pavilion is a real bonus. Hopefully this race will take place again soon & congrats to all involved.

Have been travelling from Clare to the Connacht CX league & one of the Fixx races so added bonus having race within an hour of home.

AFAIK 6- 7 races left in season-( in the south ) but I stand corrected-

Dec 14- Boyle, Roscommon CX- Lough Key Forest Park( great location)
    Dec 21- Fixx Supercross- Venue TBD
    Dec 28th- Swords CX- Rivervalley Park
    Dec 28th- Sligo CX- venue TBC
    Jan 4th - Westport CX- Westport House
    Jan 11th- Nationals- Swords
    Jan 18th- Cashel CX - date TBC

Anyone know of any other races in pipeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I don't think there is a River Valley race in Swords on 28th. Possible that there is an alternative location but pretty sure not in River Valley. Don't know any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

14th December, PunchesCross!

Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Kildare

https://facebook.com/dublincitycyclocross

info on the way...

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I don't think there is a River Valley race in Swords on 28th. Possible that there is an alternative location but pretty sure not in River Valley. Don't know any more than that.

I think you're right, was told Balbriggan was a possibility instead, but not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭QueensGael

25sean wrote: »
    PunchesCross!

Love it :)

I can see the potential!

2zps5kj.jpg

• Advertisement

Some teaser pics courtesy of 2015 Irish CX Champs facebook page...

http://swordscc.com/2015-cx-champs-teaser/

Ah the "Tarmac path climb of Death!"

The ground looks good, wonder how it will hold up?

Ah the "Tarmac climb of Death!"

The ground looks good, wonder how it will hold up?

Over a month to go, so anything could happen!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like some McNally Swords CC riders have been getting some sneaky practice in ....

.... not going to make any difference to the result mind:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 umami

Anyone know if the River Valley race on 28th going ahead? It's crossed out on Ulster Cyclocross calendar.

umami wrote: »
    Anyone know if the River Valley race on 28th going ahead? It's crossed out on Ulster Cyclocross calendar.

It is not going ahead.

It is not going ahead.

Thanks, so no race on the 28th (Balbriggan was mentioned previously)?

nak wrote: »
    Thanks, so no race on the 28th (Balbriggan was mentioned previously)?

All I know is that there is no race in River Valley on the 28th. Heard there _may_ be one elsewhere but no details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Anyone could give me a lift to Punchestown on 14th? I am based near Portobello.

(Ideally with my wife and kid, but not 100% necessary)

Entries for the final round of the Fixx Supercross cup should be open this week...

The race will be in a new venue, Kilternan, South Co. Dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Entries for the final round of the Fixx Supercross cup should be open this week...

I'll look forward to that. Can't make this weekends race due to work. :(

Up on the Race Track yesterday, course laid out with a few tweaks and turns to be done..

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM 2012!!!!

Course will be a mixture of the following

1. rough lumpy terrain
    2. steep run ups
    3. shlippery descents
    4. steady climbing on sealed(ish) road
    5. more irregular climbs on softer ground
    6. mud to be powered through

You will need

.... A BIG ENGINE TO LAST THE FULL HOUR!!!!

Hot food, music, horses and maybe even a Christmas tree!

Perfect preparation for the Nationals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'll look forward to that. Can't make this weekends race due to work. :(

such is life!

We hope it's the first of many.. next time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Fingal County council won't allow us use any of the 5 different venues I mentioned to them so there will be not race iin Balbriggan on 28th purely and simply because their official in charge "doesn't want the parks ruined "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Great news abut the Kilteirnan race. looking forward to it big time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 umami

RobFowl wrote: »
    purely aad simply because their official in charge "doesn't want the parks ruined "

Such a shame.

It's amazing the difference in attitude of parks authorities here to their counterparts up North. 8 or 9 parks/ burrough councils around greater Belfast area very accommodating & facilitating in allowing spaces to be used as a public facility for family day of cx.

Do CI not assist (attempted) promoters when they are trying to secure approval, & if not why not? Or why isn't the matter referred at a higher level; MoS/ MoE, etc. Surely the example of NI burrough councils is a good starting point.

Fingal County council won't allow us use any of the 5 different venues I mentioned to them so there will be not race iin Balbriggan on 28th purely aad simply because their official in charge "doesn't want the parks ruined "

The park won't get ruined. Trace is gone within a matter of weeks.

because their official in charge "doesn't want the parks ruined "

There's usually more to it than that, and without knowing precisely, I would say it's the NIMBY's moaning to the local T.D/Councillor who then rings the park ranger.

• Advertisement

The park won't get ruined. Trace is gone within a matter of weeks.

Said that to her clearly,offered to show photos and even bring her on a tour around the any courses we've used but just stonewalled me.
    Very disappointing attitude tbh.
    Ni interest in fact was hostile to even the thought ......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement