Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards European Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Bulldog. The inaugural champion. And a true European. I can't even remember Mark with the title

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yup, bulldog for me too. Mark Henry a truly forgettable champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Europe=England=Bulldog.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A whitewash of Mark Henry who, let's face it, was never gonna cause any damage to Davey Boy in this tournament. The upcoming contest could be a little closer however.

Al Snow

The Walking, Talking Stereotype

AlSnow_display_image.jpg?1320852574

vs

Kurt Angle

Your Euro-Continental Champion... It's True, It's True

tumblr_mtddw0xN8e1rg89a6o5_500.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kurt Angle. Better wrestler, better matches. Like someone already said the Euro-continental run was a highlight of the European titles run in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Necrominus wrote: »
    Kurt Angle. Better wrestler, better matches. Like someone already said the Euro-continental run was a highlight of the European titles run in WWE.

Can't put it more perfect than that.

+1 for Kurt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Al Snow, I appreciated the levity he brought to the title.

Al snow. Used look forward too his outfits etc!

Kurt no contest. Awesome matches for the euro title. Triple threat vs Benoit vs Jericho anyone?

That went to a final fall, match of the round so far. It's the gold medalist who comes out on top here. This match is our second last bout of Round 2, who will grab a quarter final berth?

Val Venis

Bonjour....Ladies!

ValVenis_display_image.jpg?1320851064

vs

Chris Jericho

Break Down The (Berlin) Walls

jericho.jpg

• Advertisement

This is tough, both to me would be ten times more synonymous with the IC title but I have to go with Jericho - purely on the two out of three falls match with Angle & Benoit.

Have to mirror Necrominus here, for the same reason

I think it's worth noting that Jericho only held the title for 24 hours before losing it to Eddie Guerrero the next night on Raw whereas as Val was the perfect level for what a Euro Champion should be in my opinion. As someone said earlier, he was a workhorse and deserving of a mid card title and I never saw the IC strap fitting Val, this did him perfectly.

Val Venis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And to Level it up Val Venis

Omackeral wrote: »
    I think it's worth noting that Jericho only held the title for 24 hours before losing it to Eddie Guerrero the next night on Raw whereas as Val was the perfect level for what a Euro Champion should be in my opinion. As someone said earlier, he was a workhorse and deserving of a mid card title and I never saw the IC strap fitting Val, this did him perfectly.

Val Venis.

Nice bit of Trivia that, I wasn't aware of this at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I will vote for Val Venis because Jericho only held the title for 1 day.

Jericho's longevity seems to be his Achilles heel in this match as the Big Valbowski claws his way back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. This bout rounds out the last 16 and features a debutant who could have an outside shot of winning this whole thing. He faces his first test here...

X-Pac

''Well look who's back'' -Jim Ross

xpac_article_1.jpg

vs

Test

The T in T&A

559852.jpg

X-Pac hands down.

Aye - X-Pax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

X pac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

X-Pac by a gazillion miles.

I always was a fan of Test, thought he was very under-rated and could have been so much more than he was... but I have to go for X-Pac, I don't think of Test when I think of European Title.

PAC!

We are now at the business end of the PW Boards European Championship Tournament. It's the quarter finals and there are no pretenders, just contenders. With that said, your favourites will now need four votes to make it to the next stage. We still have a decidedly international flavour, in the competition with 2 Englishmen, 2 Canadians and 4 Americans all still in the running. They are;

The British Bulldog
    William Regal
    D'Lo Brown
    Eddie Guerrero
    X-Pac
    Christian
    Val Venis
    Kurt Angle

To kick us off we have two men who hold the joint record for number of Championship reigns. Something's gotta give.

D'Lo Brown

Hailing from Oslo, Norway

559744.jpg

European Champion 4 times (Joint record)
    First man to unify the European title with the Intercontinental title

vs

William Regal

WWE's Goodwill Ambassador

14.jpg

European Champion 4 times (Joint record)
    Held the European title for 179 combined days (2nd longest)

This is tough. Really tough. So tough I've opted to flip a coin... Regal. Both had excellent reigns but I remember a bit more about regals. Plus, he's actually European? Toughest decision yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dlo brown iconic with the European belt

D'Lo Brown for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

D-Lo Brown for me brought a sense of fun to the title and who can forget that awesome bullet proof vest thing he used to wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

D'Lo, he's the first guy I remember as European Champion.

Advertisement