Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards European Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm going too go with Christian here, Matt bugs me! Allways has! Dunno why tho!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Missed the first round of this as I was away the last few days. Will give Matt a vote here for the length of his reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Got give it to Christian. I still think WTF when I think of his flopping temper tantrums in the ring during that time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Christian for me here. Much better champion that Matt, with much better matches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Christian. Theme song points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Christian advances over the elder Hardy and on into the quarter finals. Next up we have to memorable champions

D'Lo Brown

Hailing from Helsinki,Finland

d-lo-european-champ-02.png?w=640

Vs

Shane McMahon

The Boy Wonder

shane_euro_champ.jpg

Going too go with D-Lo here he's one of the first guys I think of when someone mentions the European title

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus, two of my picks to possibly win drawn off.

D'Lo is more under-rated and forgotten, most people remember Shane's matches for the title.

I'll go with D'Lo though, he had a good run and a lot of good matches, with X-Pac in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

As much as I'm a fan of Shane O'Mac, I quite simply have to give it to the first Eurocontinental champion D'Lo Brown. Plus I enjoyed his matches as the champ.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Too late, but I'll give Shane O Mac my vote here to prevent a whitewash.

• Advertisement

You're lookin' at the real deal now! Giving it to D'Lo, one of the first guys I think of when I think of the European Title

Bout were entertaining with the belt but Shane pips it.

The D-Lo residing in difference places was a tweak/gimmick that wasn't as awesome as some would make you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

D'Lo Brown, the best European champion of all-time and should win this tournament in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

D-Lo easy i loved how everytime he came out he resided from a diffrent European Country

Bobble head goes through in a good scrap it must be said. Two cult favourites there. Here are another two superstars with very rich wrestling heritages and a good following too. First to three advances.

William Regal

The Goodwill Ambassador

14.jpg

vs

Owen Hart

The Black Hart

559814.jpg

Toughie here, both had decent reigns. Going to give it to regal, completely undervalued as a performer.

Toughie here, both had decent reigns. Going to give it to regal, completely undervalued as a performer.

Willaim Regal was brilliant when he first arrived. Commissioner Regal (European title in hand) along with Tajiri produced some of the best backstage skits ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I gotta give it to Regal probably because I was a wwe fan while he had a run with the title hart was slightly before my time.

• Advertisement

Going with Owen here. Better feuds and matches for the strap.

Just gonna throw a token vote Owen's way. Felt he restored a bit of prestige to the European Title after HHH won it via Fingerpoke of Doom. Liked him as the Black Hart, was very different seeing him as a face character in the US after seeing him as a sneaky heel for years.

Looks like we were a tad late with our support for the Sole Survivor, Gerry.

The Commissioner and 4 time Champion sees off the younger Hart despite a late flurry of support. William Regal advances. And now we have two stars that would go on to hold the top prize in the industry.

Triple H

The Degenerate

559870.jpg

vs

Eddie Guerrero

Latino Heat

eddieguerrero006in9.jpg

Eddie for me. The European title was only a stepping stone for HHH at the time and I much preferred Eddies run.

Loved both characters during their tenure as Euro champ. Original DX Hunter and Latino Heat Eddie.

When I think of both guys champ reigns.

Triple H--- WWE > Intercontinental > Tag Champs > Euro
    Eddie--- WWE > Euro > Tag Champs > Intercontinental

I make that a vote for Eddie

HHH didn't deserve that title whatsoever and very rarely defended it. He was like an arrogant douche with it... which is why I'm voting for him! It suited the DX thing down to the ground. This may be unpopular but was never a major fan of the whole Latino Heat/Mamacita thing. Hated the theme tune especailly. Loved the Lie,Chest, Steal version much more.

Eddie for me here. Some great matches for the strap along the way. The only good match I remember Hunter having for the Euro title was against Owen Hart

Going too go with Eddie here too! He "needed" the strap and seemed proud of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Eddie, he had plenty of good matches for the title.

Hunter took the piss out of the title, while it fit his character, it didn't fit the title. It was a workhorse title.

• Advertisement

The ever lovable rogue Eddie gets past the annoying rebel in handy fashion. Wonder can he keep his momentum going further. the next bout features two strong men doing battle for a place in the quarters. Only one can advance...

The British Bulldog

Rule Britannia- The Original Champ

daveyBoySmith.jpg

vs

Mark Henry

Sexual Chocolate

559790.jpg

Advertisement