Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 20 - Pettis, Melendez, Aisling Daly **SPOILERS** **See Mod Note OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Aisling Daly vs. Alex Chambers

FFS
    The only match up I didn't want to see coming out of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Mellor wrote: »
    FFS
    The only match up I didn't want to see coming out of this season.

Yeah they seemed to get along. I've think Ais has said some nice stuff about her but I don't think its much of a challenge for her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thought Tecia won the first round of her bout with Carla, again consistency with takedowns being stuffed a problem should've went another round IMO. Tecia only has herself to blame though again choosing to remain very standoffish when Carla was potentially there for the taking.

Ya Rose and Jojo would like to see fight again fight of the sason I'd say too.
    maybe on the show she pulls off quick subs leading to the Ronda comparisons? Shocks Jojo if she get past Chambers too maybe?

Hmmm quoting myself :rolleyes: Great job for Rose to pull off the sub but still not seeing the Ronda comparisons....Spoofin' outta from Dana all but confirmed.
    Aisling Daly vs. Alex Chambers

Ah balls thats not that interesting was hopin for one of those scrapettes

All in all looks like I'll see this season through but all the hype for the next prob won't bring me back unless it involves Irelands own most likely. Was miles better than last season but thats not saying much, didn't see the last season through after Pendred was done so was I pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was some fight between JoJo and Rose. Rose was so good off her back, a really dangerous and active guard. That kimura was beautiful. Fight of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Joanne Calderwood vs. Seo Hee Ham

:confused: who? was she in the UF?

I would have liked Ais to get one of the bully clique but she can only fight whats in front of her.

I didn't expect Jo to get beat in last episode but way to go Rose, that girl is a grinder! She wasn't for letting anyone or anything stop her winning that fight.

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    [/B]

:confused: who? was she in the UF?
    Not she wasn't on the show. She's a japanese fighter, with about 20 fights. She was one of the fighters who signed with the UFC directly.

Worth a read and sounds like the preview scene with Ais collapsed may have been due to heat stroke

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/ufc/11273728/TUF-20-Aisling-Daly-prepared-for-finale-in-Las-Vegas-this-weekend.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got around to seeing last weeks episode. Tecia fight should have definitely gone to the 3rd. That amount of stuffed takedowns shoukd score more than the couple of successful ones. I was roaring at tecia to counter the td, knee choke anything. Can't stand that 'hug someone till you win on points. Sickened for jojo but fair play to rose. She tried to win on her feet and constantly went for the sub on the ground, proper fighting.

Looking forward to the finale card Friday.

sheehy83 wrote: »

Looking forward to the finale card Friday.

Don't forget semi's on Wednesday night too, might be replayed before finale kicks off

Devastator wrote: »
    Don't forget semi's on Wednesday night too, might be replayed before finale kicks off

Aw ya hoping penne breaks carla in 2. Rose randa should be a great fight but can't wait to see how ais gets on Friday. Will John and paddy be in her corner?

• Advertisement

Just got around to seeing last weeks episode. Tecia fight should have definitely gone to the 3rd. That amount of stuffed takedowns shoukd score more than the couple of successful ones.
    A third might have been interesting. But Tecia lost both rounds, clearly.
    Stuffing a TD means nothing if you don't do anything else. As in, if somebody shoots 5 times, is only succeeds once, if the other person has done literally nothing else, they are losing the fight.

Starting now

Rose knows her subs!

Feel sorry for Randa, good season nothing great obviously but I've lasted this long so yeah

On that TUF talk poll... who will win the belt currently Carla 13% Rose 87% is it that clear?

Rose knows her subs!
    Her striking is supposed to be her strength also.

I like Randa, she looks decent, and I'd like to see her fight ezparza down the line. But wtf was she thinking not defending the kimura, espectially after Rose tapped Jojo with it last time.

Esparza looks solid in all her matches, but she didn't live up to her billign as #1 for me.

Very disappointed with penne, she was a diffetent fighter than what she was against Ais. Maybe it was fatigue but she is a lot better than that. Rose is gonna maul esparza.

Randa is a great fighter as well, will be rooting for her, ais and Jojo tomorrow night.

So, will this be the thread for the fight card tomorrow night. Weigh ins at midnight.

Very disappointed with penne, she was a diffetent fighter than what she was against Ais. Maybe it was fatigue but she is a lot better than that. Rose is gonna maul esparza.

Randa is a great fighter as well, will be rooting for her, ais and Jojo tomorrow night.

So, will this be the thread for the fight card tomorrow night. Weigh ins at midnight.

Jessica is a decent fighter but im still not sure if Straw weight is beyond her as regards competing for the title (even if she bet Ais who is essentially a flyweight) Jury's out.

Like Randa too but see flat out got caught maybe one of those that could go differently in the future

Makes sense to be the thread I see theres already a thread for the Stipe/Dos Santos card.

Will watch weigh ins thanks for the heads up
    Mellor wrote: »
    Esparza looks solid in all her matches, but she didn't live up to her billign as #1 for me.

Ya me neither she just seemed to slide into the final without impressing at all (her sub coming against last ranked) hopefully that pattern doesn't follow on in the finale

Ais weighed 2 pounds over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Ais weighed 2 pounds over :(

She looked terrible, has an hour to lose the 2 pounds.

• Advertisement

Ya Randa didn't look great either straight for the bottle then of course when 116 was called

My stream went mad when ais came on, so did she weigh 118? That will have to have an effect on her tomorrow night. Is pound an a half acceptible as in 116.5 and then half pound for title fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Esparza vs Penne fight was terrible, was more like an amateur boxing match than MMA. I fancy thug rose to win tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

My stream went mad when ais came on, so did she weigh 118? That will have to have an effect on her tomorrow night. Is pound an a half acceptible as in 116.5 and then half pound for title fight?

No she'll have to get 116 or under. Such a shame, missing weight on your UFC debut won't exactly endear you to your new bosses. And by the look of her, she probably won't even try to cut the rest which will make her paycheck 20% lighter (or is it 40%?).

Ah ****e man, pity there isn't a wimmins fly weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ais looked terrible and she wont be cutting any more weight, loses 20% of her fight purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Very unprofessional :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Very unprofessional :/

Bad start. Hopefully she has a dominant win to make up for it.

• Advertisement

Like Randa too but see flat out got caught maybe one of those that could go differently in the future
    I think he thought Rose wouldbn't get it.
    Rose had the figure 4 grip for 10 seconds or more before the sub. Randa left the hand free and tried to pass. Maybe she just under estimated her grappling.
    No.
    1lb for non-title fights, 0lbs for title fights.

The doctor would let her cut any more (according to Alex's coach) and Alex accepted the fight as is.

Advertisement