Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

As a new Sky customer you should be entitled to a free dish, Sky+HD box and installation.

Somehow missed that, must have been looking too hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Got voucher thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

signed up as well.. fair play to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Guys, I got my 6th "Come back" begging letters from Sky today. Any package for 50% off on a 12-month contract. Also included free BB for 6 months. Re the free BB, the small print says you have to pay €30 line rental. So be careful when opting for the free BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone know what Sky's definition of new customer is? MY dad wants to get Sky back it's been at least 2 years since he left, would he be considered a new customer?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone know what Sky's definition of new customer is? MY dad wants to get Sky back it's been at least 2 years since he left, would he be considered a new customer?

Yes he will be regarded as a new customer. I asked sky recently and if you leave sky for over 12 months you are then deemed to be a new customer and you must take new equipment & installation regardless of working old equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

IrishHomer wrote: »
    It's a genuine 50% off the various sky packages so look up sky Ireland package prices and divide by half

Pedant alert.....divide by 2 not by a half. Dividing by a half is the same as multiplying by 2, and you don't wanna do that.

Good offer on the face of It!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It's a genuine 50% off the various sky packages so look up sky Ireland package prices and divide by half

Pedant alert.....divide by 2 not by a half. Dividing by a half is the same as multiplying by 2, and you don't wanna do that.

Good offer on the face of It!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Pedant alert... posting same thing twice is multiplying by 2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

So thinking of my Dad here, wonder could I cancel his subs now and then sign up using my name and details in his place? I have a Sky sub myself but at my home address... Whatcha reckon?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Do you have to have a telephone line for Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

So thinking of my Dad here, wonder could I cancel his subs now and then sign up using my name and details in his place? I have a Sky sub myself but at my home address... Whatcha reckon?:confused:

Yep, people do it all the time, sign up in the wife's, grandfather's or dogs name and of you go. :)

Although the groupon voucher *May* need to be in the same name, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This post has been deleted.

You can get multiroom now without a landline ,its no longer a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wow, that's good to know in case I ever sub again. How do sky know if you have the boxes in the same house or not now then? What's to stop people sharing their multiroom cards with other houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

Wow, that's good to know in case I ever sub again. How do sky know if you have the boxes in the same house or not now then? What's to stop people sharing their multiroom cards with other houses?

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that they now use your internet connection to verify the same IP location.

gojony wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I'm assuming that they now use your internet connection to verify the same IP location.

Ah, yeah, I see. So it still has to be connected, just not via phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

Ah, yeah, I see. So it still has to be connected, just not via phone line.

No, it doesn't. I have multiroom and no internet or phone connection on the 2nd box. Not sure if its done on a trust basis or if they have the technology to pinpoint the location where you actually receive their signal

corkonion wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. I have multiroom and no internet or phone connection on the 2nd box. Not sure if its done on a trust basis or if they have the technology to pinpoint the location where you actually receive their signal

Doubt sky do anything on a trust basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bromley52

I am guessing that the new wifi enable boxes are able to communicate/ see each other and if the main box can't see the multiroom box it either won't work or you will be contacted by Sky after a certain time. It's only a guess but seems like something that could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I got in multiroom previously with no phoneline or Internet.

We'd just moved in to our new house and explained the situation. They said they could set us up for the multiroom but there was a €60 fee or something because we'd no landline. We told them forget it, and they decided to waive the fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Sorry for been a complete tool here but can I order a new package with movies and sports and get multi room aswell and will the multi room also be half price

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bidd

What does this mean?

"From 30 September, ROI customers will require a Sky HD subscription to access Box Sets."

www dot sky dot com/ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Sorry for been a complete tool here but can I order a new package with movies and sports and get multi room aswell and will the multi room also be half price

Call sky ask them and tell us here what the answer is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Is it still obligatory to have a phone line to get connected to sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Is it still obligatory to have a phone line to get connected to sky?

Already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's the big issue with calling on the phone?
    Call sky ask them and tell us here what the answer is

Its the nature of boards to ask questions and people answer.

You asked me why didn't I call Carphone, when someone else advised you needed to go in store to ask.

You asked another to call Sky - not everyone is able to make calls from work.

If you haven't anything helpful to say, would you mind keeping it to yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I don't think so, I think it only covers your base, premiums (Sports/Movies), and HD.

EDIT: Yep, afraid so, from the offer page:
    The Specifics

12-month half-price subscription to Sky TV Variety Pack, Sky Sports and Sky Movies
    Free Sky+HD box and free installation
    Option to include six months free Broadband Unlimited with any TV Bundle
    Option to include HD Pack for €7.50 for 12 months
    Fee of €9 refunded to customers in first bill

Multiscreen or Sky Go Extra can be added at full price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

everlast75 wrote: »
    Its the nature of boards to ask questions and people answer.

You asked me why didn't I call Carphone, when someone else advised you needed to go in store to ask.

You asked another to call Sky - not everyone is able to make calls from work.

If you haven't anything helpful to say, would you mind keeping it to yourself?

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Kensington wrote: »
    Already answered

Answered for multiroom but is it the same for a new installation?

Advertisement