Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Rice released by Ravens and banned indefinitely by NFL

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is some mess. Take a bow, NFL. Take a bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listening to Philly sports radio. A caller said that cris carter was asked about the video on twitter on Monday morning and his response was this.
    @criscarter80: I've seen the video along time ago“@bewithmike: @criscarter80 @SKoelmeyer thoughts on new ray rice video?”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This is spiralling out of control now. How on earth did they think they could get away with saying they didn't see the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Let's be honest, this isn't surprising. Goddell/NFL operate in a purely "what's best for the NFL" world. They don't give a **** about anything outside of that. I'm just shocked they have been stupid enough to take this route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Deny, deny, deny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Deny, deny, deny.

hey look behinds you

*cheeses it*

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

The punch heard around the NFL has been big news obviously.

Ray Rice got cut from the Ravens, the dude's not even on the Madden video game anymore. Everybody is proud to stand up against domestic violence, then his wife writes a long message on Instagram(I think it was Instagram) talking about "thanks for ruining our lives" to the media and fans.

In a way I understand what she's saying because she personally got past it and now her husband(and source of financial security) is losing his job and probably super-depressed at the house causing a crappy living environment. But still it really irks me how so many battered women seem to take up for their attackers so easily. I can't understand how she could get back with him in the first place. The guy punched her like she was a dude!

Did anyone else see her message and do you think she was right to tongue-lash the media?

-Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nobody heard the punch, we all seen it but there was no sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nobody heard the punch, we all seen it but there was no sound.

Haaaa, you got me on a technicality right there. No argument here, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That Steve Bisciotti interview on CBS really rubbed me the wrong way. Kept on about the failings of the legal system and how he's embarrassed now but he'll be proud in 5 years if this is a seminal moment in hoe society deals with domestic abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Superb reporting from ESPN here and the best summary of events which has been compiled from numerous sources that you will find:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Very interesting that Harbaugh wanted him released straight away but was overruled from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Superb reporting from ESPN here and the best summary of events which has been compiled from numerous sources that you will find:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Very interesting that Harbaugh wanted him released straight away but was overruled from above.

Ravens come out of this pretty badly (except for John Harbaugh). Seems like they knew exactly what went on, and it was basically a cover-up.

Also explains why he got off lightly on the legal route.

"less than 1 percent of all assault and aggravated assault cases in New Jersey are resolved by pre-trial intervention, according to data obtained by "Outside the Lines."

but essentially Rice got it because he had an expensive lawyer and he was a football player, had letters vouching for him from Rutgers and the Ravens.

It's implied in the report also that Rice was truthful with both the Ravens and Goodell about what happened. So that makes his appeal quite interesting, esp in terms of what it means for Goodell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

A lot of stuff in that article, but just to pick out one:
    With his wife sitting by his side in a conference room, Rice told Goodell that he hit her and knocked her out, according to four sources.

I heard Goodell tonight say what Rice told him was inconsistent with what the tape showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »

Kevin VanValkenburg was a writer for the Baltimore Sun and was the best they had. He also got involved in message boards so fans could chat to him. An excellent writer for sure and was a good hiring by ESPN.

Anyway the team have responded and say it's an inaccurate article and with several mistakes. They'll reply later next week and didn't have time to do it immediately as Bisciotti is out of the country and there is a road game to prepare for.

Advertisement