Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Online (a.k.a. Frankie's Glitching Songs Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Maybe I'm just too tired after a long day, but how and where do I go to start the freemode stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

jackrussel wrote: »
    you can turn off all the blue job/activity icons so that clears up the map an awful lot.

Think I'll upgrade to next gen, just for this. It would make the map so much easier to see. :p

I've said it a few times I wish there was an option for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

DubDJ wrote: »
    Think I'll upgrade to next gen, just for this. It would make the map so much easier to see. :p

I've said it a few times I wish there was an option for that.

Turning off the names on the map makes a huge difference when loads of players in a small area.

Turning off the names on the map makes a huge difference when loads of players in a small area.

Yeah but most of the time I need it to find players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Maybe I'm just too tired after a long day, but how and where do I go to start the freemode stuff?

Its all random, you well get a notification saying the event is about to start and a countdown to the start will be on the bottom right of the screen.
    If you are in passive you cant take part.

I was part of a Melee event, someone was shooting at the players or hitting them with their cars so that their health would go down and would make for an easy kill with a punch or other melee attack.

There was another event which required you to fly as low as possible and as far as possible. Well there is a limit to how high you can go, it will show you on the minimap, anyway, I got into my Hydra but it gives you random air vehicles, they show up as blue planes on the minimap.
    Its easier, and kinda cheating, with the Hydra, just stick it on hover, move up a bit and leave it there and it counts as if you are flying low so that was another easy win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    Tried king of the castle it's ok , would be better with crew though, nobody going for "the castle" just players swapping kills outside ,

Tried to use editor mode but the tab in the pause menu wasn't there after I recorded, me thinks there be a few bugs to be worked out yet. You hold the down button in the D pad to record and x I think.

Won't get to try it out for a week as I'll be away , please don't be sick of it by the time I get back .

Also

JASON , JASON , Jason , Jason , JASON. Ahhhrgetttuppppp, spam X every day!

Sh1te in a bucket, that's what you are Simey. Sh1te in a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I played a few of the randoms last night, pretty good. Has anyone tried out Hunt the Beast, or the Dome yet?

It's great the way the money made from these stays as cash, and not automatically lodged in your bank....muggers EVERYWHERE!

Also, does anyone know if there is a minimun amount of players required in a lobby to trigger the challenges? It would be good to start a crew only session to try a few of them if we had the numbers.

Well I was in a session with only 6 people and an event started up but as soon as 2 left it stopped.
    Although I did still get some cash as I was participating :D

Oh I love the Event that requires you to cause damage, I was being chased by the cops when it was starting so went into a car park and made sure they followed me then i just started blowing up the cars. :)

Oh I love the Event that requires you to cause damage, I was being chased by the cops when it was starting so went into a car park and made sure they followed me then i just started blowing up the cars. :)

I thought I'd be a cute hoor and head to Zancudo to blow up a load of Lazers. Did this, only to discover the Lazers are only worth $30k of damage. Booooo.

The player who won in my lobby racked up over $5m in damages, I'm guessing he went RPG-crazy on a load of T-20s or something.

Nice the way cops are automatically turned off during this event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Sh1te in a bucket, that's what you are Simey. Sh1te in a bucket.

Yor the king a nuthin , yor the king a dog sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone else have the habit of hitting X to run and at the same time pressing down on the d-pad to expand the radar? Apparently I do.

Since the new update, pressing down on the d-pad and then X causes the new editor thing to start recording.
    So every time I'm running down the road, a recording starts. It's very annoying.

Is there any way to turn off recordings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anyone else have the habit of hitting X to run and at the same time pressing down on the d-pad to expand the radar? Apparently I do.

Since the new update, pressing down on the d-pad and then X causes the new editor thing to start recording.
    So every time I'm running down the road, a recording starts. It's very annoying.

I do that running & d-pad thing all the time too, the recordings are annoying. Hopefully there's a setting somewhere to turn it off, might be in the new editor or controller settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Spam x everydayyyyyyyyy
    Do the very same so this should be fun...!

Ah that explains the little red recording circle I kept seeing, I thought it had something to do with me having the object that everyone else had and it was just recording how long I had it for.
    So how do I access the editor to, you know, edit the recordings?

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Spam x everydayyyyyyyyy
    Do the very same so this should be fun...!

Sound advice, we had a new crew member join gatecrash our party last night asking something similar...

Murdock:How do I edit my footage in R* Editor?
    Me: "Have you tried spamming X?"
    Murdock: ?
    Me: "You need to spam X. You need to Spam X every day for it to work!"
    Murdock: blah blah blah
    Me: (muted)

Murdock has left the party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ah that explains the little red recording circle I kept seeing, I thought it had something to do with me having the object that everyone else had and it was just recording how long I had it for.
    So how do I access the editor to, you know, edit the recordings?

It's in the start menu in single player.

Nearly mangled meself in the car driving home earlier, spotted a BMW i8 parked up as I passed and immediately thought 'Fúck me, there's a Dinka Jester!'.

I need a hobby.

Shaddupp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Dub and glynner strugglin to get 30 mill...all it needs is to find a hacker boys!!! Sittin pretty i am :cool:

• Advertisement

Nearly mangled meself in the car driving home earlier, spotted a BMW i8 parked up as I passed and immediately thought 'Fúck me, there's a Dinka Jester!'.

I need a hobby.

I do something similar whenever I spot a Smart Car...

"oh look, there's a Panto, I wonder if it's duped.... I wonder if Louis is behind the wheel..... Shaddupp."

Finally got to play "Hunt The Beast" last night, easily my favourite of the new activities (still haven't played The Dome yet). Davey and myself gave good chase to The Beast, but it was Stuart who slayed The Beast in the end.

I really hope we get a chance to play it again later, it would be sweet if you could launch an invite/crew session and have the ability to choose which random event to play.

TacoMan wrote: »
    Finally got to play "Hunt The Beast" last night, easily my favourite of the new activities (still haven't played The Dome yet). Davey and myself gave good chase to The Beast, but it was Stuart who slayed The Beast in the end.

I really hope we get a chance to play it again later, it would be sweet if you could launch an invite/crew session and have the ability to choose which random event to play.

What way does that work, does someone become a Beast or is a Beast randomly generated?

What way does that work, does someone become a Beast or is a Beast randomly generated?

Everyone gets a notification that it's about to begin (you're given around 3 minutes to spread out over the map), then someone is randomly selected as The Beast and the chase begins.

Everyone gets a notification that it's about to begin (you're given around 3 minutes to spread out over the map), then someone is randomly selected as The Beast and the chase begins.

Submarine time!

Submarine time!

A good plan, although The Beast has increased speed, strength and damage so if you're stuck on land you should be ok to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Yeah that was one of the best things I have done in gta in a long time. So much fun giving chase and everyone driving around waiting for the beast to flash up on radar for few seconds.

Found myself following lads cause they looked like they knew where he was but they were usually miles off.

I found the insurgent handy cause there was a serious amount of proximitys and stickies on the ground when I was right behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

It sounds like boards bounties hunt but with randomers... Can't wait to try this... Did it go on for long??? And was it the whole map???

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    It sounds like boards bounties hunt but with randomers... Can't wait to try this... Did it go on for long??? And was it the whole map???

Went on for 20mins to 30mins was Unrail crack

• Advertisement

djflawless wrote: »
    Dub and glynner strugglin to get 30 mill...all it needs is to find a hacker boys!!! Sittin pretty i am :cool:

I like to earn my way nice and fair :D

Advertisement