Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now I don't know if I have a mistitled mp3 of a LCD Soundsystem track called Movement, but Youtube throws two different tracks for the track Movement. What one is it actually, the fast one with a really punchy riffy keyboard intro and rock fuzz out or is it the one that starts with the "Where is love, its the one thing I want... " Was youtubing tracks from the first album, so I don't know if its a b side to a single. The reason I'm thrown is that the RTE broadcast from 2005 Picnic says the fast track is Movement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Anyone else think the Stomptown Brass lads were a bit too much. Think it was the Oxjam tent or something I came across them? Seem a bit up their own arses so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Stomptown Brass lads were a bit too much. Think it was the Oxjam tent or something I came across them? Seem a bit up their own arses so to speak?

I think there's someone from the band who posts here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I think there's someone from the band who posts here! :pac:

I know yeah, awaits a baiting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Irish_rat wrote: »

In what way? I thought they were great fun when I seen them on Salty Dog, didn't take themselves too seriously

(BTW: Its not me, I'm not in the band :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

...My favourite new spot this year was Guerrilla Ariel, that was the best new thing for me...

Was looking forward to that beforehand but never got around to seeing it. Whereabouts was it? Did they have their own tent or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

My friend was a photographer on the main stage and managed to pick us out in the crowd!

EP_Me_In_The_Crowd.jpg

Go team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Was looking forward to that beforehand but never got around to seeing it. Whereabouts was it? Did they have their own tent or what?

Yeah, they had there own little area up behind Mindfield (IIRC). You would nearly walk past it and not even notice to be honest. I just stumbled across it by luck.

I reckon Jon Hopkins will either be at Forbidden Fruit, Longitude or Metropolis festival next year, I hope EP take a chance on Daniel Avery, a cross between Hopkins and Holden with a clubby sound in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I hope not Longitude. They'd probably put him on at 5pm on the mainstage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I reckon Jon Hopkins will either be at Forbidden Fruit, Longitude or Metropolis festival next year, I hope EP take a chance on Daniel Avery, a cross between Hopkins and Holden with a clubby sound in there too.

He would be better off doing a club show, if anything. Christ, I must not be the only one sick of seeing his name on festival lineups here? B&S two years in a row, followed by EP with little new music released in between..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

useded wrote: »
    He would be better off doing a club show, if anything. Christ, I must not be the only one sick of seeing his name on festival lineups here? B&S two years in a row, followed by EP with little new music released in between..

The two B&S sets were almost identical , he did samhain as aswell once. At least it was changed up this year and had nothing off immunity for the 2nd half hour.

A good club gig is what we need alright , if you listen to his essential mix there is to phenominal remix edits by others of his stuff and by of other stuff to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

lbj666 wrote: »
    The two B&S sets were almost identical , he did samhain as aswell once. At least it was changed up this year and had nothing off immunity for the 2nd half hour.

A good club gig is what we need alright , if you listen to his essential mix there is to phenominal remix edits by others of his stuff and by of other stuff to fall back on.

I still don't think that's enough to justify the amount he has played here and put it down to lazy booking really. It happens a lot here though.

Like another example would be a good chunk of the Metropolis festival line up - How many of those acts have played here in the last 6 - 9 months at most? Four tet, Chic, Flight Facilities, Jeff Mills, Hot chip.. the list goes on

useded wrote: »
    I still don't think that's enough to justify the amount he has played here and put it down to lazy booking really. It happens a lot here though.

Like another example would be a good chunk of the Metropolis festival line up - How many of those acts have played here in the last 6 - 9 months at most? Four tet, Chic, Flight Facilities, Jeff Mills, Hot chip.. the list goes on

In fairness to Hopkins is was the first time he played the Picnic, I know for a fact that a few of my mates were sitting their finals around the 2013 and 2014 Body & Soul festivals and couldn't make it to the Hopkins shows, Samhain was or is a bugger to get to and get away from again. Believe me I have now fully had my Hopkins fix for a few years now having caught the three of his shows although I do look forward to hearing what this new album he is working on will sound like when it comes out at the end of next February or so he says in a recent interview anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Was my first time seeing him and he was deadly. But I thought Paul Kalkbrennar was better and it was my first time seeing him too.

A chance to relive some of the headliners who played the Picnic at Bestival 2015. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bestival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

lbj666 wrote: »

Hopkins is an absolute anal perfectionist, just like an engineer might tweek a high performance engine, he tweeks and obsesses over his set list. It's far from laziness, from his PoV he's found the optimum setup, until he finds a better arrangement I'll think he'll keep it the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Hopkins is an absolute anal perfectionist, just like an engineer might tweek a high performance engine, he tweeks and obsesses over his set list. It's far from laziness, from his PoV he's found the optimum setup, until he finds a better arrangement I'll think he'll keep it the same.

I'm still listening to the set on repeat and I'm still finding new things I love in it. I'd be more than happy to see it again live.

Toulouse wrote: »
    I'm still listening to the set on repeat and I'm still finding new things I love in it. I'd be more than happy to see it again live.

You'll probably like this guy then, a similar buzz to Hopkins and James Holden, I hope some decent festival takes a chance with him next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Toulouse wrote: »

where did you get the set from ?

• Advertisement

You'll probably like this guy then, a similar buzz to Hopkins and James Holden, I hope some decent festival takes a chance with him next year.

Had seen you mention him before so have been checking him out :D Thanks!

My mate uploaded this today.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

When does the loyalty discount end this year? Fairly sure I bought mine in February last year using loyalty discount... 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

wacotaco wrote: »
    When does the loyalty discount end this year? Fairly sure I bought mine in February last year using loyalty discount... 😕

End of November I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

My mate uploaded this today.

Can you get him to sort out the audio and upload it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

wacotaco wrote: »

From the EP site
    "The loyalty scheme (and use of discount codes) will end at midnight Monday 30th November or in the event of a sell-out, whichever comes first."

2016 thread is already open.

Effects wrote: »
    Can you get him to sort out the audio and upload it again?

Thats the best yer gonna get it was recorded on an Android phone, I've heard a lot worse on android phone recordings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Thats the best yer gonna get it was recorded on an Android phone, I've heard a lot worse on android phone recordings.

Yeah, I could totally tell it wasn't an Apple alright.

Advertisement