Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

Racking my brains, but I think I've now seen everyone I want to see at the picnic!

Maybe Tom Waits (never would happen)

And Babygramps. Trust me. Look up scrotum song. He's amazing.

/edited to add:

Definitely needed more hip hop. Roots were amazing a few years ago. And still not sold on Outkast playing in yhe main arena...

Fleetwood Mac would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

New order, underworld, fleetwood mac, arcade fire, the magic numbers and le galaxie yet again would be heavenly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I think this thread will drive me mad long before we get to EP15

Anyone for a bit of Tenacious D

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/familycampervan2ticketsnowonsale

Are they for real or taking the piss:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/familycampervan2ticketsnowonsale

Are they for real or taking the piss:eek:

Not in the slightest bit surprised. Family camping was so civilised. And everyone I was talking in the campsite Sun & Mon were going straight in to buy their tickets on Monday morning.

I am getting my Family Camping tomorrow morning when hubby gets paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yes to that . I would love if EP was kinda like Pukkelpop/Sziget/Rock Werchter . A good mix of different type of bands would be great

Down with this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Christ that's quick... what kind of numbers are in each of those campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

only several hundred sleeps to go

dmm82 wrote: »
    New order, underworld, fleetwood mac, arcade fire, the magic numbers and le galaxie yet again would be heavenly :)

Would be perfect for EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

The national, frightened rabbit, frank turner, explosions in the sky, biffy clyro, badbadnotgood, chance the rapper, republic of loose, Jake bugg, royal blood, lorde and Matt Corby.

Pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I'm going to start the campaign early "Aphex Twim for EP15" not impossible considering new album out soon.

This time last week I was so excited

Missed Picnic this year. :( So hoping 2015 will be my triumphant return.

Would love to see any (or all!) of the following:

Fleetwood Mac, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Goldfrapp, PJ Harvey, Sky Ferreira, The Antlers, George Ezra, Sharon Van Etten, She Keeps Bees, Samaris, Future Islands, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Light Asylum, Trust, iamamiwhoami.......they'd do for starters.

Somewhat less realistically, Kate Bush and Tom Waits would be class! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Seconding almost all of the acts mentioned so far.

Fingers crossed for a proper Friday night next year. Maybe a bit more hip hop and rock. I'd also be delighted to just be able to bring water into the arena. Also, I'd love if the laneway right beside boutique camping could actually be used by boutique campers. This year you could go down the laneway but not up which meant having to walk through Jimi Hendrix to get to the main arena thus increasing traffic in all those areas. I would've thought spreading out traffic would make more sense instead of squashing us all into a bottleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

As we speak Aphex Twin has just leaked the first track from Syro http://pitchfork.com/news/56560-aphex-twin-unleashes-new-track-minipops-67-1202source-field-mix/ So yes a definite must to book him for 2015.

Aphex Twin
    Daniel Avery
    Why not Planxty instead of combinations that sound like Planxty.
    David Gilmour
    Tricky seeing as he is also part of the Bristol trip hop scene.
    Cocteau Twins or Liz Frazer and Robin Guthrie with Massive attack.
    Butthole Surfers
    Thursten Moore
    Animal Collective

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Missed it this year due to uncontrollable circumstances but have just pulled the trigger on 2015 loyalty tickets!
    Here goes my wishlist....
    Radiohead
    M83
    The Juan Maclean
    Afghan whigs
    Wilco
    Hot Chip (!)
    New order
    Jack White
    Jesus and Mary chain
    Caribou
    The fall
    Real estate

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

I would like to see one of Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Orbital or 2 Many DJs for the Saturday late slot.

And also a full Friday line-up, or at least a full half day Friday.

The Stone Roses would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Seconding almost all of the acts mentioned so far.

Fingers crossed for a proper Friday night next year. Maybe a bit more hip hop and rock. I'd also be delighted to just be able to bring water into the arena. Also, I'd love if the laneway right beside boutique camping could actually be used by boutique campers. This year you could go down the laneway but not up which meant having to walk through Jimi Hendrix to get to the main arena thus increasing traffic in all those areas. I would've thought spreading out traffic would make more sense instead of squashing us all into a bottleneck.

This was the case up until the past 2 picnics. Boutique camping gave you loads of access. You could walk through to the village and back past the courtyard and access the main arena from staff areas. I was gutted when they changed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

zuluchio wrote: »
    I would like to see one of Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Orbital or 2 Many DJs for the Saturday late slot.

And also a full Friday line-up, or at least a full half day Friday.

The Stone Roses would be amazing.

They would bring an awful lot of of dirbirds with them. I hate saying that because I'm a huge fan, but let's call a spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'll take Pearl Jam, the National, Frightened Rabbit, Local Natives, 2manydjs, Alt-J, Chvrches, the Gaslight Anthem, Band of Horses... thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

A full lineup is necessary on the Friday next year, so King Kong Company and Le Galaxey in the Electric Arena back to back to kick the Friday night mayhem off would be sweet! Fleetwood Mac, Tracy Chapman, Aphex Twin, New Order, Moby, Daft Punk, Radiohead, Planatery Assault System. Imelda Mays vibe would also fit into the Traller Park Stage nicely in my humble opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Red Hot Chili Peppers? They have an album in the works.

deeceemee wrote: »
    A full lineup is necessary on the Friday next year, so King Kong Company and Le Galaxey in the Electric Arena back to back to kick the Friday night mayhem off would be sweet! Fleetwood Mac, Tracy Chapman, Aphex Twin, New Order, Moby, Daft Punk, Radiohead, Planatery Assault System. Imelda Mays vibe would also fit into the Traller Park Stage nicely in my humble opinion

I'd say that's already a given.

There won't be anything being dragged through the courts way into the new year, tickets are already on sale, bookings will begin much earlier than last 2 years etc etc.

I just hope they don't change the makeup of the festival too much and hike up the capacity again.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Robotito wrote: »
    Missed it this year due to uncontrollable circumstances but have just pulled the trigger on 2015 loyalty tickets!
    Here goes my wishlist....
    Radiohead
    M83
    The Juan Maclean
    Afghan whigs
    Wilco
    Hot Chip (!)
    New order
    Jack White
    Jesus and Mary chain
    Caribou
    The fall
    Real estate
    can i go to this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ldnboy87

Could The Libertines be a possibility?

Considering they played in Hyde Park during the summer and are now doing a European tour, is it possible they will do the festival rounds next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Pretty sure Richard said in his Rolling Stone interview that he won't be doing gigs under the name Aphex Twin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

MadYaker wrote: »
    Red Hot Chili Peppers? They have an album in the works.

Too big. They played Croke Park on their last tour, and even though it was only full, that's more than the Arctic Monkeys had in Marlay Park this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have to say I have 100% faith in the organizers to hit the nail on the head again next year. Some of the names being thrown around here are very nice though, New Order, Hot Chip, Fleetwood Mac, Chvrches, Flight Facilities, Todd Terje, 2manydjs, Horse Meat Disco, Caribou would all be some names I would love to see next year! Would Prince be too unrealistic?

Think we are only driving ourselves insane speculating this early though! Did anyone else read in one of the papers that they are increasing capacity by 5,000 again next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

deeceemee wrote: »

I would love to see Imelda May in the picnic - I think she would suit the vibe of the whole place.

And +1 to Chapman, Moby and Daft Punk.
    I just hope they don't change the makeup of the festival too much and hike up the capacity again.

I don't mind them increasing the capacity - but they will need to increase the size of the central arena. Maybe increase size of arena to include Salty Dog & Trenchtown - and that would also solve the problem of the Sunday Daytrippers not being able to go to both.

If they were moved in - then the food vans good be moved back slightly - giving more room for the main stage.

Having a bigger capacity will be mean bigger acts - which I have no objection to.

And something will have to be done about the entrance from Jimi Hendrix - that was crazy this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Think we are only driving ourselves insane speculating this early though! Did anyone else read in one of the papers that they are increasing capacity by 5,000 again next year?

Uh oh

Advertisement