Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Look at this pleb! X7 years later. If it's too mucky don't walk into it ya fool! Reward fools Ireland's policy!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-claims-he-broke-ankle-when-he-got-stuck-in-the-mud-at-oxegen-music-festival-30654410.html

I dunno I was at Oxegen 2007 and it was a disaster mud wise. Mucky doesn't cover it. There was ankle high water across the entire main field.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Toast wrote: »
    I dunno I was at Oxegen 2007 and it was a disaster mud wise. Mucky doesn't cover it. There was ankle high water across the entire main field.

I saw guys peeing straight into rivers of mud all over the main arena. My god it was a filth village that year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I saw guys peeing straight into rivers of mud all over the main arena. My god it was a filth village that year.

Pretty sure it was either 06 or 07 i seen some scummer just piss in between 2 people at the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeez dark evenings short days, festival season seems so far away!

What's happening with EP, no court case this year i wonder if we'll see 1-2 acts confirmed in the next few weeks, flog a few tickets as presents over Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

The Mac announcement for the 3 arena in June makes me slightly sad, probably out of the question for a headline spot now. Sunday night slot would have been epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

hugeglobe wrote: »
    The Mac announcement for the 3 arena in June makes me slightly sad, probably out of the question for a headline spot now. Sunday night slot would have been epic.

They were always going to have a stand alone gig since mcvie is back. Promotor's can make a lot more money out of it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus id say Fleetwood Mac would command a massive fee that would be out of EP's budget

Would be nice alright! Apart from cost (as others have pointed out) they've been on the go from the early 70's, a large portion of their fans would be mid fifties (generalising here!!) and I feel would prefer the comfort and infrastructure of the three arena vs a field?

I don't believe anybody is 'too old' for a x3 day festival but there certainly is a cut off age where it looses appeal for the majority (still trying to figure out what age I can keep it going until!!)

There ya's go Mince pie! Foo's for Slane,

Someone predicted they'd do a big Irish show a couple of pages back I salute you!!

http://www.newstalk.com/Dave-Grohl-announces-that-the-Foo-Fighters-will-headline-Slane-2015

X1 name off the list (Not that there ever likely to do the EP!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Haven't been following early bird ticket sales for next year at all, lads. Thinking of getting the girlfriend one for a Christmas present though, so is there still some available/what price are they at the minute?

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Haven't been following early bird ticket sales for next year at all, lads. Thinking of getting the girlfriend one for a Christmas present though, so is there still some available/what price are they at the minute?

Loyalty tickets were on sale for the month of September. There hasn't been an announcement on general release tickets yet. Most people are guessing that they'll be released for christmas time but nothing official yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

EP have a "Who would you like to see playing at EP2015" post up on Twitter and FB. Could this be the start of a build up to the first announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Probably just a post to make sure they don't slide into obscurity just before Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Radiohead please!

EP Twitter "We will have news soon about tickets! Stay tuned." that was said in a reply to someone so maybe they will be on sale for christmas, Who knows! I hope that there are a few names announced when they go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Ride are maybe reforming http://www.clashmusic.com/news/ride-set-to-reform
    What would the odds be of them playing EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Don't forget installation no.2 happens this Friday the 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Ride are maybe reforming http://www.clashmusic.com/news/ride-set-to-reform
    What would the odds be of them playing EP?

they are reforming.
    already announced for Primavera

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Am I mad suggesting Metallica could play one of the nights?
    With the increase in size and the connections to Reading/Leeds each year...just saying...

GaryByrne wrote: »
    With the increase in size and the connections to Reading/Leeds each year...just saying...

Yes you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Oh God….not Metallica! I love rock music, but they feel like a parody act to me. Give me Alice in Chains (obviously not in a headline slot) or QOTSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

leaving aside Metallica playing EP, there's almost no connections between R&L and EP each year....
    a few mid/low-level acts might play both, but the vast majority at R&L don't appear at EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

GaryByrne wrote: »

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sadie06 wrote: »
    Oh God….not Metallica! I love rock music, but they feel like a parody act to me.

sadly I have to agree with you, things are gone so silly that it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did a deal with McDonald's to incorporate brand 'Metallica' as a Happy Meal.

sadly I have to agree with you, things are gone so silly that it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did a deal with McDonald's to incorporate brand 'Metallica' as a Happy Meal.

Heh.

"Mctallica"

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Haha hey it was late I wasn't thinking coherently!

moving on...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

Any realistic predictions for a headliner to make me excited for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any realistic predictions for a headliner to make me excited for a while?

Would like if Aphex Twin got that idea off the ground with his visuals man Weirdcore about a live tour with installations. He spoke about this in Oor Magazine a Dutch music magazine I think, he wants to do something online with Weirdcore a kinda video idea, but he also wants to play live rather than DJing.

APHEX TALKS ABOUT... SHOWS
    Will there be a new visual campaign for Syro?

"We are working on a new campaign. I want to work again with my friend Weirdcore(http://www.weirdcore.tv/), who also handles the visuals at my shows.
    We are going to do some mixes together. I'm going to craft some mixtapes at home, because I haven't done that in years. I think I am going to put something on the 'net with him.
    I wanted to do that years ago. At concerts I can't really see all the things he does, it's all happening on the screens behind me. He can hear me, but I can't see how he anticipates on that.
    We have put a screen on the podium some time, but they forgot to connect it... I still wasn't able to see it! Very frustrating. I really want to stand were he stands, between the people in the first rows.
    I dont want to stand on the podium, but just in front. When you perform live, it's no problem. But when you deejay, what really is less difficult than performing live, it's practically impossible because of the delay in the speakers.
    It just doesnt work. You need to have your turntables behind the speakers, with stage monitors. When the speakers are just as far as the chair over there[points at an empty chair about a metre away] then you already have 5 miliseconds delay.
    I did try it once in front of the speakers, but it still wasnt enough. The only alternative if you want to stand between the people on the front row, is to play live instead of deejaying, so I think I might do that again."

How concrete are these plans?

"I did a few sneaky mini-performances whilst I was deejaying. I had a computer next to me. But that doesn't really count. It will require an immense amount of planning and thus time if I really want to do that, and the time I spent on that
    I rather be in my studio, making music. The chance of me doing more instalation-like performances is probably bigger. "

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Lads, the card I used to buy the instalment plan for EP 2015 has had to be cancelled due to fraudulent activity - so tomorrow's payment will not go through. Has something similar happened anyone else last year? Anyone know who do I contact? Ticketmaster?

• Advertisement

leakyboots wrote: »
    Lads, the card I used to buy the instalment plan for EP 2015 has had to be cancelled due to fraudulent activity - so tomorrow's payment will not go through. Has something similar happened anyone else last year? Anyone know who do I contact? Ticketmaster?

Contact your credit/debit card phone number for your bank, you made have entered your number wrong or security password wrong somewhere and they may have put a temporary block on it.

Advertisement