Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools called to accommodate Isalamic beliefs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Very dangerous if people actually listen to this rubbish. Should have no religion in schools at all. Least of all any religion that is based on some goat hearder thousands of years ago.
    The sooner people leave religion behind the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

This boils my blood - I say no fuppin' way. I don't necessarily think that teaching religion in schools adds anything, never got anything out of it myself. The whole communion\confirmation thing is obviously pretty central but just the thought of this being brought up in any of the Islamic countries to change the way their state schools are run to accomodate the Catholic faith....we'd be laughed out of there.

No you would be on a video uploaded with your head on your back lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Lay schools. That is all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ironic how he believes "a revolution of inclusivity" in Irish schools can be brought about by separating children for prayer, music, PE, etc.

I wonder if there's a single Islamic country on the planet amenable to accommodating the beliefs of non-Muslims in their State schools...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

With regards to the Muslim faith, there is a very strong belief that it is their way or the highway (i.e. hell) and I believe that allowing this, or in fact anything that remotely entertains the idea at a later date will only lead to situations similar to what is being seen in the UK - its an awful f*ck-up over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Philip7304

Why do we have to accommodate this religion so much.....why cant we just say no...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

has the seperate class rooms for girls, got anything to do with the muslim tradition of grooming young girls for underage sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Cabaal wrote: »
    No we don't want to go down the route of the uk, but neither do we want to stay as we are.

The current situation in Ireland is everyone should be catholic, hence the catholic ethos school issue.

I'm not religious but Ireland is a Christian country & so should stay that way.
    I do not agree with Muslims wanting to come & change it. It would not happen in a Muslim country. So if they come they must integrate.
    The problem with the U.K. is they bent over backwards to the extent that a white Englishman will get no council house even after paying taxes all there lives but a Somali family will come in & get a 4 bedroom house

Philip7304 wrote: »
    Why do we have to accommodate this religion so much.....why cant we just say no...

Totally agree, once they get the foot in the door they more they want to change.

This boils my blood - I say no fuppin' way. I don't necessarily think that teaching religion in schools adds anything, never got anything out of it myself. The whole communion\confirmation thing is obviously pretty central but just the thought of this being brought up in any of the Islamic countries to change the way their state schools are run to accomodate the Catholic faith....we'd be laughed out of there.

you would be very lucky if it was only laughing they did to you

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Ironic how he believes "a revolution of inclusivity" in Irish schools can be brought about by separating children for prayer, music, PE, etc.

I wonder if there's a single Islamic country on the planet amenable to accommodating the beliefs of non-Muslims in their State schools...

I don't understand if they want all these things then why don't they go to a Muslim country....At least the weather will be nicer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY8K9Jt6dHQ

Would we allow it to get to this in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Assimilation and secularism please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

'This boils my blood - I say no fuppin' way. I don't necessarily think that teaching religion in schools adds anything, never got anything out of it myself. The whole communion\confirmation thing is obviously pretty central but just the thought of this being brought up in any of the Islamic countries to change the way their state schools are run to accomodate the Catholic faith....we'd be jailed, tortured then stoned to death for offending Allah '

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Help!!!! wrote: »
    I do not agree with Muslims wanting to come & change it. It would not happen in a Muslim country. So if they come they must integrate.
    The problem with the U.K. is they bent over backwards to the extent that a white Englishman will get no council house even after paying taxes all there lives but a Somali family will come in & get a 4 bedroom house
    Ireland is not a Christian country. It is a country with christian people living in it, as well as others. I and my family are Irish despite not being Christian.

lazygal wrote: »
    Ireland is not a Christian country. It is a country with christian people living in it, as well as others. I and my family are Irish despite not being Christian.

It is a Christian country the same way as Israel is a Jewish country etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How so?

Because the majority of people here are Christian
    There are minority religions & beliefs living in Ireland
    If not a chrisitan country then what would you call it?

A country. Like how my children are children not atheist or Catholic or Dianna Fail children.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A secular country?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You've answered it. It's a republic with a christian majority. Last time I checked we weren't living in a theocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

By your logic, it's a a female's country because there are more women than men in it.

And it's an English country, because the majority of people speak English.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

My family is Irish, on both sides, going right back into the mists of time. Your ill-informed statement implies I am somehow less of a citizen because I don't subscribe to a particular set of superstitions.
    If a Christian moves to Ireland are they more welcome than a non-Christian? More Irish than I am?

Religion has no place in schools, none at all. Generations of inculcation has resulted in a segment of the population who believe it is acceptable to make statements about Ireland being a Christian country.

Infect your kids with religion and other superstitions at home if you want, but keep it out of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what do these muslims who want this stuff do now?

Wow didn't realise there were so many anti Christians out tonight
    As I said I am not religious but if you spoke to most foreigners that will describe Ireland as a Christian country
    The same way as they would describe another country as Muslim, Buddhist etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Savage93 wrote: »
    No mention of butchery of non muslims in Iraq or condemnation of same by this eminent religious official of the muslim faith

How do you know?

Does he have to comment on every controversy surrounding muslims every time he opens his gob?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

if you spoke to most foreigners that will describe Ireland as a Christian country
    Are you a foreigner? Is that why you refer to Ireland as a Christian country?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Wow didn't realise there were so many anti Christians out tonight
    As I said I am not religious but if you spoke to most foreigners that will describe Ireland as a Christian country
    The same way as they would describe another country as Muslim, Buddhist etc

So I should ask a foreigner what sort of country I live in? Are you trying to be funny?

You don't like foreigners though, do you? Or have you forgotten your little anecdote about Somalis?

• Advertisement

My family is Irish, on both sides, going right back into the mists of time. Your ill-informed statement implies I am somehow less of a citizen because I don't subscribe to a particular set of superstitions.
    If a Christian moves to Ireland are they more welcome than a non-Christian? More Irish than I am?

Religion has no place in schools, none at all. Generations of inculcation has resulted in a segment of the population who believe it is acceptable to make statements about Ireland being a Christian country.

Infect your kids with religion and other superstitions at home if you want, but keep it out of schools.

Nope not implied any of that.......just hope you feel as passionate against the Muslims wanting your Daughter (if you have one ) dressed as a post box

Advertisement