Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feed a family nutritionally well for <€132 a week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ch750536 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Well good luck with that. I don't believe eating poo is a good idea , but I do hope you are right about b12, as a deficiency can be pretty serious.

I'm interest to se how your weekly macros turn out. I agree what it's weekly numbers that are important. But I'm not sure why you keep trying to defend the crisps, waffles, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Mellor wrote: »
    Well good luck with that. I don't believe eating poo is a good idea , but I do hope you are right about b12, as a deficiency can be pretty serious.

I'm interest to se how your weekly macros turn out. I agree what it's weekly numbers that are important. But I'm not sure why you keep trying to defend the crisps, waffles, etc

Wont someone think of the waffles!:eek:;)

Guys - you're just not getting this.

If I eat a waffle it does not remove nutrition from my body. Even if it only adds bad stuff it still does not remove good stuff.

So we can eat 1/10th of a waffle per person per day and it will have no negative impact on our nutrition.

In fact, if I see waffles as 'fun food' then me eating them will make me feel good and more likely to continue with my nutritional food routines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wont someone think of the waffles!:eek:;)

If I eat a waffle it does not remove nutrition from my body. Even if it only adds bad stuff it still does not remove good stuff.

So we can eat 1/10th of a waffle per person per day and it will have no negative impact on our nutrition.

In fact, if I see waffles as 'fun food' then me eating them will make me feel good and more likely to continue with my nutritional food routines.

I think it may be you who isn't getting it.

Your thread title says 'feeding family nutritionally well.'

You're feeding them a tonne of carbs and sugar, along with good food, as well as depriving them of vit b12 (eating manure doesn't cut it), which leaves people exhausted when they don't have enough (I have to get regular injections of the stuff).

That's not nutritional, because at least one nutritional need (vitamin b12), your food isn't providing.

... as well as depriving them of vit b12 ...

Again, read the stuff. :rolleyes:
    Notice 'chicken' in the meals. Only I am vegan as I have stated before.

You're feeding them a tonne of carbs and sugar.

Evidence please

• Advertisement

Evidence please

Bread. Pasta. Rice. Waffles. Crisps. Popcorn. Doughnuts. Lots of fruit. Weetabix.

As for your previous post - are you not part of the family? You're depriving yourself of a vital nutrient. You're part of the family. So you're not feeding all of your family nutritionally well.

Bread. Pasta. Rice. Waffles. Crisps. Popcorn. Doughnuts. Lots of fruit. Weetabix.

Has anyone in your family eaten any of those this week.
    2 slices of bread a day, 3 portions of rice a week, 2 waffles a week. 1 weetabix each morning! - am I really loading them up with a 'tonne of carbs and sugar'?
    Stop being a hater and be a helper!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Nobody is suggesting it does. If the only negative aspect was a few shared waffles, nobody could really critique it.
    But it's not the only "nutritionally empty" food there. A large portion of it is pretty poor imo.

Mellor wrote: »
    Nobody is suggesting it does. If the only negative aspect was a few shared waffles, nobody could really critique it.
    But it's not the only "nutritionally empty" food there. A large portion of it is pretty poor imo.

Thats fine, I'm here for the constructive help & frankly could do with it. What would you remove and what would you replace. Be realistic though, these are kids. I'm pretty open to most ideas though.

Has anyone in your family eaten any of those this week.
    2 slices of bread a day, 3 portions of rice a week, 2 waffles a week. 1 weetabix each morning! - am I really loading them up with a 'tonne of carbs and sugar'?
    Stop being a hater and be a helper!
    :)

So, telling you that some of the food is bad, is now hating? If you don't want feedback, don't post a thread.

I can't speak for my family, as I don't know what they eat. But I don't eat any non-complex carbs, don't eat doughnuts, don't eat crisps and don't eat dairy.

• Advertisement

So, telling you that some of the food is bad, is now hating? If you don't want feedback, don't post a thread.

I can't speak for my family, as I don't know what they eat. But I don't eat any non-complex carbs, don't eat doughnuts, don't eat crisps and don't eat dairy.

The doughnut was a 'hero doughnut' - sadly it was what he chose as a reward for all his hard work in recovering from an injury over the summer to get to play in his first match of the season. We had a 40 min drive back home at 9pm and he was drained. doughnut worked as it kept him awake till he got home.

Crisps \ Popcorn are in the lunchboxes for first break. Its always a healthy(er) crisp & replaced bars that they had last year. Far better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thats why they have 2 packs a week. Seriously guys, you need to read what I write & not make things up.
    Ah, now you're nearly quoting me.....

Change 1 more thing.

Crisps \ Popcorn are in the lunchboxes for first break. Its always a healthy(er) crisp & replaced bars that they had last year. Far better.

So are you now saying they are having them daily?

bluewolf wrote: »

No, they do not have crisps daily. Please quote where I said that.

It's gone from daily, to 2 times a week, to 5 times a week.

OP, you may think crisps are better than chocolate, but I really don't see how. Lower sugar, but higher salt and probably higher sat fat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Who's eating the 2 units of crisps in day 1, 4 units of crisps in day 2, 4 units of crisps in day 3, 2 units of popcorn in day 4, then?

I mean I've nothing against the occasional packet but having it every day and announcing this as highly nutritious is where I'm having trouble going along with it, especially if the justification is you're eating manure fertiliser :confused:

It's gone from daily, to 2 times a week, to 5 times a week.

OP, you may think crisps are better than chocolate, but I really don't see how. Lower sugar, but higher salt and probably higher sat fat

If you're gonna make stuff up at least make it something fun.
    Like, errr. Well, I dunno.

If you're gonna make stuff up at least make it something fun.
    Like, errr. Well, I dunno.

You said you don't see the problem with them having crisps/popcorn in their lunch boxes each day.

Then you said you give them crisps twice a week.

Then you stated that you replaced bars with crisps in their lunch box.

Who's eating the 2 units of crisps in day 1, 4 units of crisps in day 2, 4 units of crisps in day 3, 2 units of popcorn in day 4, then?

I mean I've nothing against the occasional packet but having it every day and announcing this as highly nutritious is where I'm having trouble going along with it

Again, if you're going to make things up then do a good job of it. Where did I say 'highly nutritious'?

Bad troll is bad.

Again, if you're going to make things up then do a good job of it. Where did I say 'highly nutritious'?

Bad troll is bad.

So...
    They have two packs a week.

Yet there are 12 packs of crisps/popcorn counted in 4 days.

Rather than answer bluewolf' s question, you call her a troll?

Makes sense.

You said you don't see the problem with them having crisps/popcorn in their lunch boxes each day.
    Bad troll is bad error.

Please quote where I stated this

• Advertisement

So...
    They have two packs a week.

Yet there are 12 packs of crisps/popcorn counted in 4 days.

Rather than answer bluewolf' s question, you call her a troll?

Makes sense.

Waiting for her to answer my question first.

& I keep saying that breakdown now is pointless, after day 5 makes more sense.

1 doughnut a week is fine. In fact, 1 doughnut a week and 1 pack of crisps \ popcorn in the school lunch each day is really good compared to most kids.
    2 waffles eaten by the entire family, THIS WEEK does not seem excessive.

I don't expect them to get their nutrition from this. The doughnut does not delete nutrition. If they had 100% of their nutritional needs and then had a doughnut it does not mean that their nutrition vanishes. Sure, they have some bad stuff too but the good stuff is still there.

tldr;
    Read & don't be a hater. There is loads of nutrition in our food, why focus on the 1 doughnut & 2 waffles we have consumed in total between 4 people in the last 5 days....

There ya go, OP. and with that, I'm out.

Enjoy eating crisps and manure. :)

"You said you don't see the problem with them having crisps/popcorn in their lunch boxes each day."

<snip>

Taken earlier this lunch. Possibly some poo on my tomato, was delicious.
    321134.jpg

& the lunch you are all so sure I am unhealthy with
    321135.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Taken earlier this lunch. Possibly some poo on my tomato, was delicious.

& the lunch you are all so sure I am unhealthy with

What did the rest of the family have for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Crisps and popcorn.

Stheno wrote: »
    What did the rest of the family have for lunch?

Kids were at school & left before I woke so I'll find out later on. Tracey is at work today & ditto.

maximoose wrote: »
    Crisps and popcorn.

At least there's no harmful rice! Was considering waffles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

"You said you don't see the problem with them having crisps/popcorn in their lunch boxes each day."

<snip>

Mod Note: DO NOT call anyone a troll again. If you have issues with a post report it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Mod Note: DO NOT call anyone a troll again. If you have issues with a post report it.

Apologies, I'll stick with misrepresenter.

Advertisement