Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

Also, there are rumours of an update to the Samsung Tab S series with a faster Exynos to alleviate some of the UI lag criticism it has received.[/quote]

I love Samsung. They are like jeremy Clarkson.

Instead of fixing their bloated out of this world Laggy and busted software, they take the Clarkson approach and go for more powahhhhhhhhhh keeping the same crap on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

At this stage I'm anxiously waiting for arrival of the Nexus 9. Seems the Android world is gearing up for an announcement on Oct 16th followed with the UK rollout on the 24th. They are a tempting proposition being they are top spec, Android L with stock OS and speedy updates, and value priced. It's using the same processor in the Nvidia Shield so should scream. It wouldn't surprise me if you can opt for the larger Nexus for the same cost at the Tab S 8.4.

I had gone ahead and ordered a Tab S 8.4 case and it's interesting to compare it to my current 9" HP Touchpad. Having had a long chance to compare the sizes I think the 8.9" Nexus seems just right to my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Argos are selling the tab s cheaper than retail and you get a 10 euro voucher, just a heads up but not as good as this deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Argos are selling the tab s cheaper than retail and you get a 10 euro voucher, just a heads up but not as good as this deal.

Its 399 in most places. http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-84-tablet-bronze/322664/7.18

http://www.expert.ie/Product/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-84-16gb-wifi-titanium-bronze/298883/40.17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I'm going to pick up the 10'' while in Dubai next week. Only €360

OnLooker wrote: »
    I'm going to pick up the 10'' while in Dubai next week. Only €360

would the warranty be invalid here though?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    would the warranty be invalid here though?

Yeah but my brother lives over there so my family are constantly going over if I encounter any problems. Its a fairly sizeable saving

does anyone know if the UK Samsung warranty is valid in Ireland?

Is it worth spending the extra €40 odd to buy UK stock instead of Hong Kong stock?

does anyone know if the UK Samsung warranty is valid in Ireland?

Is it worth spending the extra €40 odd to buy UK stock instead of Hong Kong stock?

Out of interest what is the cheapest price you can get the 10'' in Europe without getting hit by customs?

• Advertisement

Out of interest what is the cheapest price you can get the 10'' in Europe without getting hit by customs?

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10.5-t800-16gb-wifi-tablet-titanium-bronze.html

Looks like not many people have got caught by customs either from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

yep, considering ordering from them, just want to know about SAMSUNG's warranty.

yep, considering ordering from them, just want to know about SAMSUNG's warranty.

I think its region specific.

I think its region specific.

Yeah, think so :( do you think its worth the extra 40-50 quid to get UK stock instead, for piece of mind?

Yeah, think so :( do you think its worth the extra 40-50 quid to get UK stock instead, for piece of mind?

with samsung, might as well have that little extra benefit in your pocket.

however wouldnt put it past them to refuse warranty despite being bought in uk and used in ireland.

they havent been the most reliable customer service ive heard, seen or experienced.

Spipov wrote: »
    with samsung, might as well have that little extra benefit in your pocket.

however wouldnt put it past them to refuse warranty despite being bought in uk and used in ireland.

they havent been the most reliable customer service ive heard, seen or experienced.

Surely they couldn't refuse warranty for UK stock - if bought from Amazon themselves?

Surely they couldn't refuse warranty for UK stock - if bought from Amazon themselves?

should be fine, that was just a "be careful" anyway comment.

Spipov wrote: »
    should be fine, that was just a "be careful" anyway comment.

Ah, I get ya, can't be too careful! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I think TheInspector meant the 10.5" - it's been reduced to only €449 in Argos which is €50 below other stores.

• Advertisement

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Pro 10.1. They are hard to find but new ones are on eBay (yeah, I know... buyer beware). Got mine for €340 and claims to be new w/ warranty. Just seemed like an incredibly good spec tablet for the money (very light, expandable storage, retina display, and silly but I like the hardware buttons whereas the others lose precious screen space to display them).

Couldn't bear the price of a 32gb Nexus 9 (no sd slot so need the 32gb) and briefly flirted with the idea of a Nexus 10. Storage aside, the announcement that Android Lollipop would be rolled out to the Nexus 10 was a big plus. While the Nexus 10 is 2012 and the Samsung Pro is 2014 really there is only 15 months between them and their specs are similar. So the Bargain Alert here is that the Nexus 10 might still be a good option for some and can be picked up for €200 used. But the Pro is just a bit lighter and has the external storage option so hopefully is worth the stretch.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425362767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-10,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Google-Nexus-9/phones/7551,8275,8926

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-10.5/phones/8275,8662

Best of luck to all those still on the hunt.

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Pro 10.1. They are hard to find but new ones are on eBay (yeah, I know... buyer beware). Got mine for €340 and claims to be new w/ warranty. Just seemed like an incredibly good spec tablet for the money (very light, expandable storage, retina display, and silly but I like the hardware buttons whereas the others lose precious screen space to display them).

Couldn't bear the price of a 32gb Nexus 9 (no sd slot so need the 32gb) and briefly flirted with the idea of a Nexus 10. Storage aside, the announcement that Android Lollipop would be rolled out to the Nexus 10 was a big plus. While the Nexus 10 is 2012 and the Samsung Pro is 2014 really there is only 15 months between them and their specs are similar. So the Bargain Alert here is that the Nexus 10 might still be a good option for some and can be picked up for €200 used. But the Pro is just a bit lighter and has the external storage option so hopefully is worth the stretch.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425362767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-10,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Google-Nexus-9/phones/7551,8275,8926

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-10.5/phones/8275,8662

Best of luck to all those still on the hunt.

was thinking of buying my Tab S 8.4 from these guys. Their ads are completely misleading however. There is no 'Original Samsung warranty' included. The warranty is 1year with the company themselves, which I would be very wary about. This is because all their stock is sourced internationally, most of it from Hong Kong.
    This was confirmed by the company via eBay messages.

You are getting the same item from them as you would from eGlobal or SimplyElectronics.

★TOP-RATED PREMIUM SELLER✓✓SAMSUNG ORIGINAL WARRANTY✓✓★
    They did say original Samsung warranty, but I'm sure you're probably right. Being I was looking at used tablets the fact this is new and comes in a box is still a treat for me. Great thing about solid state hardware is if it works fine the first week it will probably work the same the 52nd week.

Got my Tab S 8.4 for £270 from flubit, UK stock too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

What are Flubit like on returns these days?

bidiots wrote: »
    What are Flubit like on returns these days?

FREEPOST address, or reimbursement of postage costs if you need to return anything sounds good to me. All UK stock too, none of that HongKong no-warranty ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Tab pro has a vastly superior screen, much much faster cpu and better cameras front and rear. It also weighs a LOT less and is significantly smaller despite having the same screen size.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys where is the cheapest place to buy a tab 4?

Tragedy wrote: »
    Tab pro has a vastly superior screen, much much faster cpu and better cameras front and rear. It also weighs a LOT less and is significantly smaller despite having the same screen size.

Well it had to be worth the extra punt now didn't it? It's actually really similar in size to my HP Touchpad which is a lovely size so well pleased. I didn't realize the Pro was a UK thing so no wonder I had a hard time sourcing one from the US (had a buddy coming over so was shopping there primarily).

My point was, for the money and with Android L rolling out to it well before the Pro, the Nexus 10 is still a very relevant machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Well it had to be worth the extra punt now didn't it? It's actually really similar in size to my HP Touchpad which is a lovely size so well pleased. I didn't realize the Pro was a UK thing so no wonder I had a hard time sourcing one from the US (had a buddy coming over so was shopping there primarily).

My point was, for the money and with Android L rolling out to it well before the Pro, the Nexus 10 is still a very relevant machine.

It isn't in any way relevant.

Screen quality is very poor, it takes forever to charge, noticeably slow and very bulky/unwieldy.

Considering the price up until recently (Google have withdrawn it from sale, so it must be relevant!) it did not in any way offer any competition to any tablet released in the last 9 months.

(I should note, my brother has a Nexus 10 and I used it for two weeks in July right before I purchased a Galaxy Tabpro)

Advertisement